Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    All-American

Default Aggies don't want to play Longhorns story

All-District

I just don't think A&M feels it has anything to gain by playing Texas.

Neither benefit at this point in time...which is exactly what UT was saying two years ago and everyone claimed they were scared or mad
    Sideline To Sideline Show Each Week at https://lonestargridiron.com/categor...-to-sideline//

All-District

Texas could absolutely benefit from beating A&M right now(maybe not at the time that A&M joined the SEC).

The Big XII is perceived to be a weaker conference. A win over A&M would certainly counter that argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Weebe View Post
    Texas could absolutely benefit from beating A&M right now(maybe not at the time that A&M joined the SEC).

The Big XII is perceived to be a weaker conference. A win over A&M would certainly counter that argument.
    And that helps how? Why play a in state team in a different conference that you might lose to? Just like A&M the negative far out weighs the positive
    Sideline To Sideline Show Each Week at https://lonestargridiron.com/categor...-to-sideline//

All-District

Difference being that A&M gains little by winning and loses a lot by losing.

Texas gains a lot by winning and loses almost nothing by losing.

The SEC being a superior conference is a big advantage for A&M. Texas could eliminate that by winning a head to head.

All-American

When I was a kid, A&M versus LSU was considered a rivalry game. They played it early in the year before conference play started. I remember listening to it on the radio. It always seemed to be on a Saturday night because it was so early in the season. There weren't all these sports channels so they didn't move as many games to daytime in September back then.

These two schools are more natural rivals, both being land-grant universities.

OTOH, Texas and Texas A&M might as well be on different planets. The cultural differences are that great. I ALWAYS understood why the Aggies wanted to be in that Deep South-based conference. It fits their culture. It's not a fit for people in Austin.

Quote Originally Posted by Weebe View Post
    Difference being that A&M gains little by winning and loses a lot by losing.

Texas gains a lot by winning and loses almost nothing by losing.

The SEC being a superior conference is a big advantage for A&M. Texas could eliminate that by winning a head to head.

ok lets tap the brake lol..Texas would not gain ALOT by beating them if A&M gains a little...both teams would gain the same..but they would lose more in a loss

I think it would be a huge benefit for whichever team won as far as recruiting!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Txbroadcaster View Post
    Neither benefit at this point in time...which is exactly what UT was saying two years ago and everyone claimed they were scared or mad
    Truth but it's okay now that the aggies realize b

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus gilmus View Post
    When I was a kid, A&M versus LSU was considered a rivalry game. They played it early in the year before conference play started. I remember listening to it on the radio. It always seemed to be on a Saturday night because it was so early in the season. There weren't all these sports channels so they didn't move as many games to daytime in September back then.

These two schools are more natural rivals, both being land-grant universities.

OTOH, Texas and Texas A&M might as well be on different planets. The cultural differences are that great. I ALWAYS understood why the Aggies wanted to be in that Deep South-based conference. It fits their culture. It's not a fit for people in Austin.

not sure how old you are but they were probably on Saturday nights because from 1922-1986 anytime the two played they played in baton rouge with the exception of two games one in Dallas the other in the Orange bowl. From 1960-975 they played 15 in a row in BR. Amazing the series is only 28-20-3 in favor of the tigers.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I think it would be a huge benefit for whichever team won as far as recruiting!
    texas will get kids regardless believe it or not they are the flagship school in the state

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Txbroadcaster View Post
    ok lets tap the brake lol..Texas would not gain ALOT by beating them if A&M gains a little...
    Of course not, that wouldn't be possible. Both teams are obviously on equal footing right now.

All-American

The women's basketball teams are actually playing each other in December which is hard to believe. Maybe the only sport this is happening

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop27 View Post
    The women's basketball teams are actually playing each other in December which is hard to believe. Maybe the only sport this is happening
    A sport no one cares about....

Quidditch > womens basketball