Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: OU @ Baylor

After watching last night, I think Baylor could run with anybody and beat a lot of the top 5 teams. Don't think anybody could line up and smashmouth em' and their DB's and LB's are some of the best I've seen against the pass. The offense looks almost unstoppable.

All-District

Baylor looked good last night obviously, saying OU sucks doesn't even warrant an argument. They are a good football team and have put up offensive numbers this year, look at the Tech game. Baylor just has a better defense than most teams in the Big 12, (which isn't saying much).

I think they could catch Ohio St. since you know, they haven't played anyone. I can only think of one ranked team they've played and that was Northwestern who now has lost five straight games. I think Michigan St. takes them down in the Big 10 championship anyways. If Stanford doesn't lose another game it doens't matter, they're way ahead of Baylor somehow. I don't really understand how a loss to Utah doesn't affect them remotely at all.

Best possible outcome is starting to look like BU in the Fiesta Bowl against Fresno St........And that is going to really blow some big ones if that's what happens. After last night I think BU can run the table, they just have to stay focused.

These next few weeks are going to be some fun ones! It would be pretty awesome if Baylor could close the Case out with the Big 12 championship against Texas later this year!

Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by caleb_mccaig View Post
    Baylor looked good last night obviously, saying OU sucks doesn't even warrant an argument. They are a good football team and have put up offensive numbers this year, look at the Tech game. Baylor just has a better defense than most teams in the Big 12, (which isn't saying much).

I think they could catch Ohio St. since you know, they haven't played anyone. I can only think of one ranked team they've played and that was Northwestern who now has lost five straight games. I think Michigan St. takes them down in the Big 10 championship anyways. If Stanford doesn't lose another game it doens't matter, they're way ahead of Baylor somehow. I don't really understand how a loss to Utah doesn't affect them remotely at all.

Best possible outcome is starting to look like BU in the Fiesta Bowl against Fresno St........And that is going to really blow some big ones if that's what happens. After last night I think BU can run the table, they just have to stay focused.

These next few weeks are going to be some fun ones! It would be pretty awesome if Baylor could close the Case out with the Big 12 championship against Texas later this year!
    The hate for Oklahoma stems from a very mediocre Texas team beating them pretty handily in Dallas. Most Texas fans have convinced themselves they still have a shot at the conference title. They probably lose 3 more conference games after WVU. If Baylor wins the turnover battle in the last 4 games they will have scores similar to last nights game the rest of the regular season. None of the rest of the teams are much better than Oklahoma. I don't know how they stack up against Bama or FSU but who cares if your a Bear fan. It is the peak of your athletic existence right now, they should be enjoying it. It is fun to watch Coach Briles do his thing at that place because it was such a joke of a program before he showed up.

Blog Entries

I like Briles, always have. He has a great gift in instilling belief in his system and programs. And it works.

But, Texas will beat Baylor. Mark it down.
    STEPHENVILLE YELLOWJACKET FOOTBALL
    STATE CHAMPS 1993, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2012, 2021

STEPHENVILLE HONEYBEE SOCCER
    STATE CHAMPS 2017, 2019

All-American

And Baylor did this without it's top 3 offensive weapons... Impressive.

Starter
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    Good but not great could probably beat 124 of 126 fbs teams, got it!
    Fsu bama oregon standford could beat Baylor and if A&M had a defense they would as well.
    Henderson Lions & Texas A&M Aggies!!!!

Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
    I like Briles, always have. He has a great gift in instilling belief in his system and programs. And it works.

But, Texas will beat Baylor. Mark it down.
    Marked. Don't get me wrong I like cheering for Texas but that ain't happening, especially in Waco. If Texas wins more than 2 games in their next four consider me impressed. Texas may have a worse QB situation than Oklahoma and that is saying something.

Starter
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bosqueville View Post
    And Baylor did this without it's top 3 offensive weapons... Impressive.
    thats the scary part
    They should win the Big Dumbster Fire Conference. I just hope they don't line them up with Fresno St and NUI cause they will like Tcu and crying National Championship.
    Henderson Lions & Texas A&M Aggies!!!!

Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by Lion70 View Post
    if A&M had a defense they would as well.
    If my aunt had junk she would be my uncle. What????

All-District

Bad news....Tevin Reese out until the bowl game with a dislocated wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by vtskneb View Post
    The hate for Oklahoma stems from a very mediocre Texas team beating them pretty handily in Dallas. Most Texas fans have convinced themselves they still have a shot at the conference title. .
    Well they do have a shot...but 99% of the UT fans I know also are waiting for the other shoe to drop on this season just like me
    Sideline To Sideline Show Each Week at https://lonestargridiron.com/categor...-to-sideline//

All-American
    Blog Entries

First it was because of RGIII that Baylor won, now it's because the Big 12 has no really good teams. If I'm not mistaken, just about everywhere Briles has been in his career he has had winning teams, haha. And now look at the players signing on the dotted line....and standing in line....to get a chance to play in this system. And next year Waco will be showcasing their new stadium.....Baylor on the Brazos. Briles is doing for Baylor in football what Mulkey did for Baylor in Women's Basketball. I don't see this team getting any worse in the coming years, sportsfans....if Briles stays. Now that the D has finally arrived, Briles will have no problem recruiting some top athletes on both sides of the ball. Excitement, new facilities, great location, great education, superb support system, and Art Briles.....what else do you need to be competitive???
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by caleb_mccaig View Post

Dont sleep on Fresno. They have a helluva coach. He wil get some big offers in the future.
    #37 Ranked Downlow Poster- Coach

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Lion70 View Post
    Fsu bama oregon standford could beat Baylor and if A&M had a defense they would as well.
    Baylor could also beat Bama and Stanford, works both ways. A&M doesn't have a defense so they couldn't.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by vtskneb View Post
    Marked. Don't get me wrong I like cheering for Texas but that ain't happening, especially in Waco. If Texas wins more than 2 games in their next four consider me impressed. Texas may have a worse QB situation than Oklahoma and that is saying something.
    I just hope Mack Brown gets fired.

Texas with derp > OU with their QB situation. Blake bell can't hit the broad side of a barn.