Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Longhorns have a NEW Athletic Director!

Steve Patterson AD Arizona State...

All-American

Thought it would be Luck

He worked up in Oregon while Chip Kelly was there... just saying...

Blog Entries

I read the reason they didnt hire luck was because he wanted to fire mack and Patterson agreed to keep mack
    #37 Ranked Downlow Poster- Coach

Blog Entries

I hope the first thing he does as the AD is fire Rick Barnes. That guy is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    I read the reason they didnt hire luck was because he wanted to fire mack and Patterson agreed to keep mack
    I hope you are not serious

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by D'Highlander View Post
    I hope you are not serious
    Thats what I read. Now it wasnt from a very good source, but it wouldnt surpprise me if it were true.

Letterman

Thats what I read. Now it wasnt from a very good source, but it wouldnt surpprise me if it were true.
    Where did you read that? Why would they ask about a specific member of the personnel department? Just guessing but I would think it would be more along the lines of a vision of the future, plans to get there and specific benchmarks that are expected in each sport to obtain the goals. I wonder what Mack's boyout would be, didn't he sign the equivalent of a life time contract after 2005? It has to be astronomical.

Quote Originally Posted by vtskneb View Post
    Where did you read that? Why would they ask about a specific member of the personnel department? Just guessing but I would think it would be more along the lines of a vision of the future, plans to get there and specific benchmarks that are expected in each sport to obtain the goals. I wonder what Mack's boyout would be, didn't he sign the equivalent of a life time contract after 2005? It has to be astronomical.
    The Buyout is 3.5 million and his contract runs thru 2020... he is currently making over 5 million a year.

Letterman

The Buyout is 3.5 million and his contract runs thru 2020... he is currently making over 5 million a year.
    Wow, suprised it is that low. Is that due to no renegotiating since he signed that monster deal?

Quote Originally Posted by vtskneb View Post
    Wow, suprised it is that low. Is that due to no renegotiating since he signed that monster deal?
    I was surprised too... this is where I got that from...

http://theaustintimes.com/2012/01/te...act-extension/

He worked up in Oregon while Chip Kelly was there... just saying...
    So he already has Willie Lyles number in his phone then and won't need to get it from Mack.

All-American

I hope the first thing he does as the AD is fire Rick Barnes. That guy is awful.
    I heard Rick is gone April 2014.

The two finalist were builders of facilities and venues on their resume. That is something that weighed heavily on Texas. The facilities are some of the best in America but they need to be modernized. There are plans to stop using the Erwin Center for basketball because of some med school things and the south end zone project is on the horizon.

All-American

No one from the AD dept or related to Texas was in on the interview process. The consultation firm hired made the decision.