Default Garrett Gilbert has found a home.

I guess the change of scenery has done him good. Longhorns knew he had the ability. Glad to see he is doing well. http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...he-week-oct-28

All-American

This is the first year he has had more touchdowns than interceptions in his college career.

I believe his stats put him in the top 5-6 in the nation. I'm thinking Junes Jones was a godsend for him. Very, very good coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    I believe his stats put him in the top 5-6 in the nation. I'm thinking Junes Jones was a godsend for him. Very, very good coach.
    He finally has some coaching for the first time since high school.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    He finally has some coaching for the first time since high school.

Yes, and don't forget that Hal Mumme is the Passing Coordinator. Jones and Mumme much better than what he had received earlier!!!

All-District
    Blog Entries

Tale of two qbs, good and bad. watched him at LT on three different games and he was so good he was unreal, 5 star qb. As a Horns his throws were all over the place, too low, too high, behind receivers. Never got any better.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by ogg View Post
    Tale of two qbs, good and bad. watched him at LT on three different games and he was so good he was unreal, 5 star qb. As a Horns his throws were all over the place, too low, too high, behind receivers. Never got any better.
    The offense he ran in HS allowed him to get away with a lot of throws he made IMO. Most of his receivers were wide open but once he got to college those spaces disappeared quickly and it's taken him longer than normal to adjust his accuracy to the collegiate level.

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    The offense he ran in HS allowed him to get away with a lot of throws he made IMO. Most of his receivers were wide open but once he got to college those spaces disappeared quickly and it's taken him longer than normal to adjust his accuracy to the collegiate level.
    I've always wondered if the start of his college career helped contribute to it. How many plays had he been on the field that first season before 'Bama? Five, maybe ten? Then the next year, there were not really any capable receivers. He was a lot better QB than what you saw then.
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

Patriots signed him to their practice squad. Not sure if this means a thing but with Belichick who knows...this could be a promising move for the young man or nothing at all.
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

All-American

Happy to see he is having some success , did not work out at Texas however that's what a fresh start can do for a young man. Wish him the best.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Yes.....fresh starts sometimes can make all the difference in football and in life. Good luck to Garrett Gilbert going forward. I believe this is a worthwhile pick.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    Good theory. Ironically this was your last post.
    **<Current Month> Hot Girl of the Month**