Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All-American

Default longhorn changes

DeLoss Dodds supposedly announces he is stepping down tomorrow. Mack won't last long!!!!!

Some are reporting that it will be effective next August, but, channel 13 in Houston says that the move from AD to consultant will happen immediately.
    In a perfect world, I would always be a winner---Why is it that I find it so hard to reach perfection???

nvm

All-American

Just a shot in the dark.... Mack the new AD, and Saban or whoever to step in.

Quote Originally Posted by nobogey72 View Post
    Saban would never go for it. it would be akin to having DKR on as an advisor all those years.

Blog Entries

Mack will be the new AD and Muschamp will be the new coach.
    #37 Ranked Downlow Poster- Coach

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Cougar View Post
    Saban would never go for it. it would be akin to having DKR on as an advisor all those years.
    You never know. He has no loyalty and there's no limit to what UT would pay him, and I would imagine the he would at least be tempted to win NC at 3 differrent schools. Nothing would surprise me.

You never know. He has no loyalty and there's no limit to what UT would pay him, and I would imagine the he would at least be tempted to win NC at 3 differrent schools. Nothing would surprise me.
    I would be shocked if Saban left Bama but I fully expect him to use the situation to get a raise from his employer as well.
    Yellow Jacket for Life!

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    Mack will be the new AD and Muschamp will be the new coach.
    There is no way in hell Muschamp leaves the SEC and that recruiting pitch to come back to a place where they were going to make him wait multiple years to be a head coach. He didn't like it then, I doubt he'll like it now.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb_mccaig View Post
    There is no way in hell Muschamp leaves the SEC and that recruiting pitch to come back to a place where they were going to make him wait multiple years to be a head coach. He didn't like it then, I doubt he'll like it now.
    I think he is saying Brown goes straight to AD after season
    Sideline To Sideline Show Each Week at https://lonestargridiron.com/categor...-to-sideline//

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Txbroadcaster View Post
    I think he is saying Brown goes straight to AD after season
    Does he not also say Muschamp will be the new coach lol? Idk, how tightly knit Muschamp is to the university, but he left once because they wouldn't give him the job, I just can't see him leaving Florida, the state that has the highest ratio of high school players that go D-1 in the country, to come back to a school that shafted him once already. But like I said, I myself am not aware of what his relationship is with school.

Practice Squad

Why is it that hardly anyone talks about Art Briles? He is a flat out football coach and had succeeded wherever he has gone...Hamlin, Stephenville, TxTech, Houston, Baylor...Not bad for a good ole boy from Rule Texas!

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by GobblersUnite View Post
    Why is it that hardly anyone talks about Art Briles? He is a flat out football coach and had succeeded wherever he has gone...Hamlin, Stephenville, TxTech, Houston, Baylor...Not bad for a good ole boy from Rule Texas!
    Partly because I don't want him to ever leave Baylor hahahaha.

Blog Entries

His name had been mentioned plenty on this site. Baylor wants him to stay obviously. I don't think he'd accept unless Mack was gone, for good. IMO
    STEPHENVILLE YELLOWJACKET FOOTBALL
    STATE CHAMPS 1993, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2012, 2021

STEPHENVILLE HONEYBEE SOCCER
    STATE CHAMPS 2017, 2019

OH the Baylor Blue Bloods would go nuts. They hitch thier trailor to tu and then tu turns around stabs in the back. That would be classic! They might sue tu for doing that.

All-American

Mack isn't going to be the AD. Bill Powers doesn't want Mack near the program, he seems him as toxic right now.

Plus why would you want to hire a guy with no AD experience? Mack is the epitome of complacency and trying to hard after the fact. He would make terrible political hires from "a guy he trust."

I heard that Art Briles hates Mack and everything Mack stands for. Is that true?