Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    All-American
    Blog Entries

At the present time....NOW.....our fiat paper printing UNBACKED currency system experiment is failing miserably. It has taken decades for it to evolve into this status.....like most paper fiat currencies in history. Some fail sooner than others, but this one has been buffered and boosted thru the years by all manner of technological and historical occurrences that have kept it alive and vibrant beyond what has previously been historically recorded. But time is running short now, and sound principles of honest money management have been increasingly abandoned to the point of no return(no pun intended, haha). The dollar as we know it presently is doomed as being the world's reserve currency. What that means is the standard of living in the US will drop by leaps and bounds when this collapse of the dollar is ultimately realized. It's a race against time now to put into effect a new economic system that will support the free commerce of the world that can replace the dollar.....or else. Or else what? Or else we lose our economic freedom, and thereby other freedoms, that's what. Do you like the word OPPRESSION??? Without economic freedom in the markets, that's what the result will be thruout the world, and that result will end in war. When peoples of the world become oppressed, they can easily be led astray into wars in an attempt to find the answer to the oppression. Of course, war doesn't solve that delimma, it only compounds the effect and causes those that have the gold to become even wealthier. That's a documented historical fact.
    Last edited by regaleagle; 03-01-2015 at 05:26 PM.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

So what's the answer? Simple.....a gold-backed standard for trade across the globe between nations. A more equally distributed total of the wealth(gold, silver, other commodities of intrinsic value) thruout the economies of the world for a more stable and vibrant marketplace that all can share and grow in. MORE precious metals in the hands of MORE individuals transacting MORE commerce is a healthy thing. LESS means LESS and results in oppression. That's why I tout gold and silver as a means to true freedom. Unbacked paper currencies have no intrinsic(real tradable) value.....they are only paper if not backed by something of real value. The dollar is actually a debt instrument....a note. It says it by its very name....Federal Reserve Note....on all of the bills. Does it say Silver Certificate or Gold Certificate??? NO, because it's not backed by either. It's a debt instrument....meaning it creates debt for the user and wealth for those that control its printing.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

So do the powers of the world, the elitist cabal, those that horde the gold and cause strife, those that OWN the msm, the political structures, the hierarchy of decision-makers across this country and other powerful countries in the world.....do they want economic prosperity or a gold/silver-backed free-trade world??? NO, they want to control trade, gain more wealth, and thereby control the world economies for their increased wealth and power. They want war so they can more easily control the masses thru economic oppression. War does not prove who is right, only who is left. The winners are those that benefit economically from it....the elitists that own the manufacturing, production, and distribution centers of the world. They become the masters and the rest of us become the slaves.

All-American
    Blog Entries

In an economy where the currency is backed by some form of intrinsic value(gold/silver,et al), I'd be all for the stock market. It could and should represent the embodiment of the definition of free trade, and thereby economic freedom. But that's just not what we have here nowadays, is it? It's an unbacked paper-printing currency system that is supported by massive paper-backed manipulated products that are totally derived from nothingness....thru thin air. There's no real basis to stand or rely upon....it's all a sham. Who benefits most from this and who is most at risk? Who is at the controls and who is pissing in the wind? I rest my case....holding precious metals is a good idea and has much merit.
    Last edited by regaleagle; 03-01-2015 at 06:37 PM.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Until something drastic changes..................for the better. But everyone should have at least some in their possession anyways just to be on the safe side.

All-American
    Blog Entries

If economic policy of the US continues on the same track as it has been for the foreseeable future, it would not be beyond belief to hear that same word shouted by fellow American Patriots that we all heard shouted by William Wallace in Braveheart.......FREEEEEEEEDOM!!!!

All-American
    Blog Entries

Or perhaps some of you would like to do both, and take your chances in the Stock Market while its "hot". If so, you may need to play using the same "toys" the big boys use. There's robotic software available for the average Joe Investor today that can keep you "up to speed" almost automatically without sitting in front of your screen for hours on end daily. Go to www.CoolTraderPro.com or just google cooltrades and do your own due diligence. You may want to check the reviews as well. You'll still need a broker to transact the trades, though. The brokerage firm will help you set up the software and your trade parameters. You can be freed up to go and do whatever you want and still be able to stay on top of your trades....from just about anywhere. I don't know much about it....except that it puts investors on a more even playing field in a more controlled manner.
    Last edited by regaleagle; 03-03-2015 at 12:45 AM.

All-American
    Blog Entries

I was kinda hopin' we could make it thru the summer before TSHTF, or maybe to 2016 or even 2017 before this House of Cards starts coming down on top of us all. I'm also hopin' the glue they're (the banksters, politicians, TPTB, elitist cabal) using will stick together a little bit longer so that regular folks like you and I can have a chance to get ready for the coming changes. Problem is they don't care about John Q. Publc......only stealing as much as they can or being part of that system that they think gives them security when TS does finally Hit The Fan. I only hope that happens for the sakes of as many good folks as possible, because the storm that is coming cannot be averted. It is possible for this current paradigm to take more time to unwind than most financial experts are predicting, but there's nothing wrong with being overtly pessimistic at this stage with international affairs happening on almost a daily basis like they are now. When the dollar does finally start its fall, the unwinding may be too rapid to control. Nations across the globe...including Britain as of this week...are quickly joining ranks with the newly formed AIIB(Asia Infrastructure Investment Bank) and BRICS(now called New Development Bank) spearheaded by China and aimed at ending the dominance of the western-controlled World Bank and IMF(Internat'l Monetary Fund). These multilateral development banks have been established as a means to transact international business without being forced to use the US dollar as a basis. These banks will supplant the quickly failing Federal Reserve Banks worldwide when the dollar begins its unraveling. This is a sign that the rest of the world is in total agreement that a new system needs to in place now before the dollar begins seeing the effects of losing its world reserve status. No one knows when exactly that might occur, but the eventual ramifications will be very impactive and ugly for the Western-controlled banking system......which includes all of us. It will affect all things within our economy, our trade, our political standing, and our social environment in North America. Canada is included in that mix.....and perhaps Mexico as well. But other nations are jumping ship and making other arrangements(and national deals) as we speak that are contrary to the benefit of the US. We are not hearing this kind of news from the bought and paid for Main Stream Media outlets, but it's all over the internet from news sources all over the world that are not controlled by those that control our major media outlets here in America. If there is propaganda being put forth to Ameicans, it appears to be mainly in-house, unfortunately. They don't want to panic the majority of the sheep, so they feel it's the best recourse at this juncture.....and they also all have their own golden parachutes ready to be deployed when the time comes anyway. The only ones left holding the bag(and the bill) will the US taxpayers. We will suffer the consequences in many forms as those responsible will either escape or become protected with their wealth that they stole from the American capitalistic system that they ruined and turned into an oligarchy for their own self interests. But don't take my words as anything but a warning......please do you own due diligence that is available on many sites like SilverDoctors.com; USA Watchdog.com; Zero Hedge.com; Gold/Silver.com; TF Metals Report; Jesse's Café Americain; The WeatherWatchman; King World News; The Golden Jackass; and many more.

All-American
    Blog Entries

It would be wise to stack some fiat and some silver out of the banking system starting yesterday.....if you get my drift, Vern. Fiat(dollars) will be needed immediately if the banking system hits a brick wall and you can't get to your money, and silver is to keep your purchasing power relatively in check as time goes by. I've got some of both out of the banks, but not near enough to get my by. But anything is better than nothing when that day(probably on a Monday) rears its ugly head. There will be some initial panic set in and possibly social unrest and definitely chaos for those that are caught unaware and unprepared. Best bet is to err on the side of caution at this point and make as much money in as many creative ways as you can think of going forward. In other words, it's time for all of us to get off our butts and get busy.

All-American
    Blog Entries

I hope some of you that have tuned into this thread have by now done some due diligence and been able to acquire some silver and set it back as your savings.....real money. Regardless of what people like Farmers Fan may think or say, the rest of the world is of the opinion that the current paradigm cannot be sustained. The overt money-printing to inflate our way out of enormous debt now seems to be foolhardy even to those that were heretofore previously deeply entrenched in the Wall Street game. And certainly even a certain percentage of the vast majority of the sheeple have now become aware, albeit a small percentage(less than 10%), that some silver put back as savings and protection against a freefall of fiat dollars will do wonders in a time of hyperinflation to sustain your family with basic needs. In other words, I hope some of you viewers are taking advantage NOW of the "cheap" prices of gold and silver.....silver for the sheeple(people)......compared to not being able to get any at all when TSHTF. If you can get some, then your dollars will disappear quickly because your purchasing power of paper money will be so inflated that you quickly will lose most of your "wealth" in dollars......it will take lots of it just to buy food.....not to mention a commodity of real money like silver.....which will be in great demand. SOME SILVER IS BETTER THAN NONE. At $20/oz. right now, it's "on sale" in the grand scheme of things. It matters not whether you paid $16, $18, $20 or whatever price for it when TSHTF, because just having some will be your salvation regardless of what you once paid for it. I wish I had triple the amount I have stored up now.....but I must keep some sort of cash on hand to transact business right now because silver is not yet readily accepted as a form of real money......I can't take it to the store and buy food with it right now. That's why it just represents untouchable savings at this point.....until it again becomes real money when fiat(paper money) finally loses its confidence worldwide. That point in time is almost here now.....nobody knows exactly when......but close enough that protecting yourself against a collapse should be seriously considered. Go get some silver.....NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    I hope some of you that have tuned into this thread have by now done some due diligence and been able to acquire some silver and set it back as your savings.....real money. Regardless of what people like Farmers Fan may think or say, the rest of the world is of the opinion that the current paradigm cannot be sustained. The overt money-printing to inflate our way out of enormous debt now seems to be foolhardy even to those that were heretofore previously deeply entrenched in the Wall Street game. And certainly even a certain percentage of the vast majority of the sheeple have now become aware, albeit a small percentage(less than 10%), that some silver put back as savings and protection against a freefall of fiat dollars will do wonders in a time of hyperinflation to sustain your family with basic needs. In other words, I hope some of you viewers are taking advantage NOW of the "cheap" prices of gold and silver.....silver for the sheeple(people)......compared to not being able to get any at all when TSHTF. If you can get some, then your dollars will disappear quickly because your purchasing power of paper money will be so inflated that you quickly will lose most of your "wealth" in dollars......it will take lots of it just to buy food.....not to mention a commodity of real money like silver.....which will be in great demand. SOME SILVER IS BETTER THAN NONE. At $20/oz. right now, it's "on sale" in the grand scheme of things. It matters not whether you paid $16, $18, $20 or whatever price for it when TSHTF, because just having some will be your salvation regardless of what you once paid for it. I wish I had triple the amount I have stored up now.....but I must keep some sort of cash on hand to transact business right now because silver is not yet readily accepted as a form of real money......I can't take it to the store and buy food with it right now. That's why it just represents untouchable savings at this point.....until it again becomes real money when fiat(paper money) finally loses its confidence worldwide. That point in time is almost here now.....nobody knows exactly when......but close enough that protecting yourself against a collapse should be seriously considered. Go get some silver.....NOW.
    One year ago gold was $1700 +/- per oz. Five years ago it was $1400 +/- per oz. Today it is $1110. A loss either way.
    One year ago silver was $21.22 per oz. Five years ago it was $37.51 per oz. Today it is $14.92 per oz.
    One year ago the S&P 500 was 1987 +/-. Five years ago it was 1121 +/-. Today it is around 2130.
    While you might want to pick up a modest amount of precious metals, it sure hasn't made any profit in a long time. The average investor is just not that patient.
    T-Shirt Fan By Choice and First to Admit It! Will wear a new t-shirt in 2018 I'm sure.

Ronnie Houston

Wow, how did I miss this thread. This is a doozy.

Gosh, where to start.

First and foremost, I am not investing expert but i do have a bachelors degree in Finance and an MBA. I say that not in an arrogant way, but just to say I do have some formal education regarding money and the economy. Having said that, I will be the first to admit that I'm not investment expert because my career path led me away from more 'hard finance'.

So, here's my take, for what it's worth.

Any 'asset' that we use as value in this world only has value as long as 'most people' view that 'asset' as valuable. You can go on and on about gold, but gold only has value because others view it as having value. And that is highly dependent upon outside variables. For example, if we all found ourselves in a distopian type of world (MadMax, if you will), gold most likely would not have near the value it does today. If memory serves, gasoline was the most valuable commodity in that world. Now, one could argue that you could use gold to purchase that gasoline and I suppose that might work, but it's highly dependent upon how that world views gold. Who knows what value they would put on gold. Another example might be diamonds. There has been talk for years that the value of diamonds has been artificially inflated by the diamond companies. Diamonds are actually not rare, at all.

The next issue I found interesting was your propensity for this JadeHelm type of outlook where 'the government', whomever that is, is going to take over the world. New world order, or whatever you think this is. I find all of this exercise futile and kinda silly. We all love a good conspiracy story, and I will admit that I do think there are those that weild a ton of power over our world. But this mindset that there are a few people that want to 'enslave' all of mankind is frankly, nuts. I mean let's be honest; this is about one thing - money. I find it hard to believe that those that have the most money and power would see their fortunes improve with enslaved people around the world that have no money to spend. These folks with money and power actually need people with some disposable income so as to keep lining their pockets for crap we really don't need. There is certainly an arugment to be made that our materialistic society is headed for problems, but I think it's folly to think that those powers want people actually enslaved. They want people free enough to have money and to keep spending it at WalMart on crap from China.

And I guess my last point is, let's assume you are correct. If there really was some overreaching power that wanted to 'enslave' us, do you think you could stop it? I don't. YOu could try, but you would end up dead. You may find this defeatest, but it is true. IF some powerful government wanted to take you down, it would be incredibly easy for them. That's one of the reason's I find all this hand wringing over Jade Helm so funny. First, it's not something covert. Secondly, if it were and there was some plan by Obama to put us all in prison camps, we couldn't do a damn thing about it.

Interesting stuff.
    Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.

-Voltaire

And if you would please, provide the backup on the claim about the bankers that have all turned up dead. I'd like to look into that. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
    Wow, how did I miss this thread. This is a doozy.

Gosh, where to start.

First and foremost, I am not investing expert but i do have a bachelors degree in Finance and an MBA. I say that not in an arrogant way, but just to say I do have some formal education regarding money and the economy. Having said that, I will be the first to admit that I'm not investment expert because my career path led me away from more 'hard finance'.

So, here's my take, for what it's worth.

Any 'asset' that we use as value in this world only has value as long as 'most people' view that 'asset' as valuable. You can go on and on about gold, but gold only has value because others view it as having value. And that is highly dependent upon outside variables. For example, if we all found ourselves in a distopian type of world (MadMax, if you will), gold most likely would not have near the value it does today. If memory serves, gasoline was the most valuable commodity in that world. Now, one could argue that you could use gold to purchase that gasoline and I suppose that might work, but it's highly dependent upon how that world views gold. Who knows what value they would put on gold. Another example might be diamonds. There has been talk for years that the value of diamonds has been artificially inflated by the diamond companies. Diamonds are actually not rare, at all.

The next issue I found interesting was your propensity for this JadeHelm type of outlook where 'the government', whomever that is, is going to take over the world. New world order, or whatever you think this is. I find all of this exercise futile and kinda silly. We all love a good conspiracy story, and I will admit that I do think there are those that weild a ton of power over our world. But this mindset that there are a few people that want to 'enslave' all of mankind is frankly, nuts. I mean let's be honest; this is about one thing - money. I find it hard to believe that those that have the most money and power would see their fortunes improve with enslaved people around the world that have no money to spend. These folks with money and power actually need people with some disposable income so as to keep lining their pockets for crap we really don't need. There is certainly an arugment to be made that our materialistic society is headed for problems, but I think it's folly to think that those powers want people actually enslaved. They want people free enough to have money and to keep spending it at WalMart on crap from China.

And I guess my last point is, let's assume you are correct. If there really was some overreaching power that wanted to 'enslave' us, do you think you could stop it? I don't. YOu could try, but you would end up dead. You may find this defeatest, but it is true. IF some powerful government wanted to take you down, it would be incredibly easy for them. That's one of the reason's I find all this hand wringing over Jade Helm so funny. First, it's not something covert. Secondly, if it were and there was some plan by Obama to put us all in prison camps, we couldn't do a damn thing about it.

Interesting stuff.
    I couldn't agree with you more and appreciate you putting it into a succinctly understandable post.

As background, I also hold a BBA and an MS and have 20 years experience as a financial advisor with a major firm. Not bragging, just fact. Should the disaster that the conspiracy theorists envision ever occur, the last thing needed would be a precious metal that is difficult to transport, difficult to secure and has no actual value except as others view it. The important items to have on hand would be foodstuffs, clothing, medicine, shelter and a weapon to protect the family against predators, (both human or animal) and to procure game. Gold would be virtually useless. Gold's value is mostly due to it's perceived scarcity, as an inflation hedge and utility in manufacturing. You can't eat, most would not spend it and very few have the patience to hold it when it devalues substantially. I have never personally owned it nor recommended it as an investment.

There will always be people who think they know more about what is being "hidden" from the general population and believe those of us who disagree are naive. You and I will never convince them otherwise, just as they will never convince us of the vast conspiracies. Those who believe that Jade Helm is designed to enslave us remind me of the fellow who keeps a mouse as they frighten away elephants. It must work since there are no elephants.
    T-Shirt Fan By Choice and First to Admit It! Will wear a new t-shirt in 2018 I'm sure.

Ronnie Houston

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ronwx5x View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more and appreciate you putting it into a succinctly understandable post.

As background, I also hold a BBA and an MS and have 20 years experience as a financial advisor with a major firm. Not bragging, just fact. Should the disaster that the conspiracy theorists envision ever occur, the last thing needed would be a precious metal that is difficult to transport, difficult to secure and has no actual value except as others view it. The important items to have on hand would be foodstuffs, clothing, medicine, shelter and a weapon to protect the family against predators, (both human or animal) and to procure game. Gold would be virtually useless. Gold's value is mostly due to it's perceived scarcity, as an inflation hedge and utility in manufacturing. You can't eat, most would not spend it and very few have the patience to hold it when it devalues substantially. I have never personally owned it nor recommended it as an investment.

There will always be people who think they know more about what is being "hidden" from the general population and believe those of us who disagree are naive. You and I will never convince them otherwise, just as they will never convince us of the vast conspiracies. Those who believe that Jade Helm is designed to enslave us remind me of the fellow who keeps a mouse as they frighten away elephants. It must work since there are no elephants.

BOOM!!!!!! I tried for 2 years to say these exact same things. Facts about Gold: According to the gold Price Index the price of Gold has returned/lost these amounts the last 3 years. 2013= -28%, 2014= -1.4%, 2015= -8.1%. At the same time the stock market has yielded double digit returns each year. Another issue that people need to understand is the S&P 500 measures stock value growth and not income generated with dividends. So if you DRiP your dividends your returns are even greater.
    Here is something everybody should see: I view a big drop in stock prices of good, solid companies as a "Buying opportunity". I don't view a drop in gold the same way...............

http://money.cnn.com/2015/07/30/inve...d-drop-to-350/