Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    I'm sorry you are not as alarmed as you should be, or perhaps not as versed on the worldwide economies as every American needs to be right now. The US will lose their position as the dominant financial country when the dollar loses its reserve currency status as this coming collapse unfolds. Whether it's the Chinese Renimba or some other currency, this time the New World Order currency will again be backed by gold...believe it. The standard of living we have enjoyed in the US since the 1944 Bretton Woods Agreement will no longer exist. And since 1971 when Nixon removed us completely from the gold standard, the US has printed its way to world dominance in trade. China is now the world's new leader in both trade and gold reserves....a documented fact. They are also the world's largest producer in mining of gold yearly, and do not sell or trade ANY of it. The East(esp. China/India) are countries that have emerging economies....the West(US, Canada, Europe) have economies that are so debt-ridden in enormity there is no answer to solving the delimma for at least another decade or two. The stock market is not money....is not wealth.....it is merely backed by paper. True wealth is and has always been stored in gold(and silver) thru the centuries. It cannot be printed into oblivion, it is scarce. There's not enough above ground in today's world to use as money, but it can be used to back a form of currency that can be supplied to the world. Look for a huge upward push in PM's in 2014. Prepare now for some sort of plan to get you by in the event that a collapse causes a food, energy, and water shortage that could last for as much as a month. Some sort of personal protection might be a good idea also. If you live in a major metro area, you will be in one of the most undesirable areas to be if such a collapse does occur. I'm not close to being prepared myself, but all the signs are showing up and things are coming to a head quickly now. It don't look good for the home team....I know that much for sure.

Google stock market doom and gloom or economic disasters and you will see people have been predicting the exact same thing you are predicting for 100 years. Maybe different reasons or different causes but still predicting the collapse of the American economy. Might happen! Probably won't. The only question left to be answered is how much would a rational person be willing to stress over that possibility? I look at it like the possibility of a nuclear war. People can spend decades of their life and every penny they earn preparing for that possibility and many can make a very convincing argument to support their position. But to me I think I would prefer to be one of the first people to be toasted in the initial blast. I don't want to live for 20 years in a underground bunker with radiation sickness and not knowing what I will find once I am able to move back out into the world. Let others live like mole people! And the threat of nuclear war is a real threat but not "REAL" enough to make me act differently.... I have some money in the stock and it has performed very well at times and not very well at others. If the dollar crashes then I will have no money and will have to survive day to day just like I have done my entire life. I don't see how owning a bunch of gold is going to help unless I need something heavy to throw at the neighbor when he tries to steal my chickens.........

All-American
    Blog Entries

Farmers Fan....you are connected to the business and naturally have a somewhat "biased" viewpoint...too bad. I would recommend you google up King World News and read what some of the world's leading authorities have to say about what's happening. Some have been around since before you and I were born, while others that are more deeply connected than you or I could ever hope to be are "ringing the bells" to find safety. These people are giving us all privy information and years of experience of what can be expected in the very near future....maybe as early as later 2014. Whenever the impending collapse occurs, it is not too soon to start immediately making preparations for what is likely to come as a result. This situation is unlike any other in past recorded history.....only an ostrich with his head in the sand would ignore all the data. Yes, the stock market may continue on its upward trend with the money printing pushing it to heights almost unimaginable, but like a child's building blocks stacked one on top of the other.....ultimately the whole structure will come tumbling down quickly in one fell swoop as the topheaviness of the structure can no longer be supported by its base. The loss of balance in the system will be its undoing. It's just amazing to all those watching worldwide how many manipulations of the structure have so far been able to keep this system together this long. But remember.....it's taken 100 yrs (Since 1913 to be exact) for it to get to where it is today.....virtually unsustainable. Grab all the gusto you can and get out. Move yourself to safety financially as soon as possible. I'm no expert, but I can do due diligence and do have a grasp of economic understanding. It's not my warnings, but those that are deeply connected and know considerably more than you and I will ever know. And it's hordes of them, not just a few. Big Money is already on the long end of things....only the stock market and paper pusher players are left feeding their addictions. They refuse to leave the greatest climbing market in the history of the world....and many will get caught with their pants down when TSHTF. What has now become apparent to all the experts and the BIG MONEY elite is only a matter of when, how, and to what extent. But the results will not be good for the great majority the world over. That's just what history and the laws of economics tells us. This is not the first time for a meltdown of a currency, but this time it affects the entire world as all the world's currencies are tied to the dollar. Regardless of what measures are now being put into place to help offset a total worldwide collapse, the US population will be in deep do-do....even those wealthy individuals that are holding assets that are paper-backed. When the paper loses its value because of a loss of confidence worldwide in it as a store of value, what do you think will happen? I only hope something happens soon to change the course and direction we are headed to. But the Fed has painted itself into a corner, and I'm afraid they will not relent til D-Day happens. I'm not gonna sit idly by and watch from the sidelines....not when I still have choices. I suggest everybody reading these words do your own due diligence while you still can. Good luck and God Bless.
    Last edited by regaleagle; 01-23-2014 at 03:15 PM.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

BTW, the Fed is quite aware of the situation and are doing only what is now considered the best possible set of solutions to buy time for as many as possible to find some semblance of safety for themselves while at the same time hoping other arrangements can be made worldwide to bring about a smooth transition for a new world reserve currency to be created. Of course, they are hoping the US can avoid complete economic chaos and disaster, and maybe even be one of the architects in helping to bring about the change to a new world currency. But most think before that happens there will be a time of chaos, and that the world currencies will "unhitch" themselves from the dollar. Trade agreements have already been struck and are now in place between the BRICS nations and others to trade in their own currencies without first converting to the dollar. This scenario will only deepen as the dollar continues its rapid expansion and the US debt increases monthly. At some point in time, the dollar will lose its world reserve status, and that's when the standard of living as we know it here in the US will quickly evaporate.....if that happens before a total dollar collapse happens. Either way, the dollar is doomed and the Fed and most nations of the world know its only a matter of time now. Hopefully, some deals can be struck before the nightmare starts.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    BTW, the Fed is quite aware of the situation and are doing only what is now considered the best possible set of solutions to buy time for as many as possible to find some semblance of safety for themselves while at the same time hoping other arrangements can be made worldwide to bring about a smooth transition for a new world reserve currency to be created. Of course, they are hoping the US can avoid complete economic chaos and disaster, and maybe even be one of the architects in helping to bring about the change to a new world currency. But most think before that happens there will be a time of chaos, and that the world currencies will "unhitch" themselves from the dollar. Trade agreements have already been struck and are now in place between the BRICS nations and others to trade in their own currencies without first converting to the dollar. This scenario will only deepen as the dollar continues its rapid expansion and the US debt increases monthly. At some point in time, the dollar will lose its world reserve status, and that's when the standard of living as we know it here in the US will quickly evaporate.....if that happens before a total dollar collapse happens. Either way, the dollar is doomed and the Fed and most nations of the world know its only a matter of time now. Hopefully, some deals can be struck before the nightmare starts.

The thing is for every single one of those "experts" you tout you can find a dozen others with a different opinion if you chose to look. And your comment " This situation is unlike any other in past recorded history" has been used by a lot of people for 100 years. It isn't a new thing. You chose to embrace the warnings of a select few people but let's not pretend those people are the only ones who have been predicting a future failure. It's been going on since the beginning of civilization in some form or fashion. My Edward Jones experience aside I have always viewed things like this with a skeptical eye. Even if the American dollar becomes completely worthless you have perhaps a 20% chance that the precautions you are currently taking will even help you. You have no way of covering all the possible scenerios. In the first place if you are keeping gold (or other precious metals) with a secure entity like a bank and the dollar falls apart that bank isn't going to honor it's depositors. You will never see what you have placed in their safety deposit box at that point. There will be a all out rush on the banking system and if the banks don't lock down then someone else will enjoy your gold. And if you are keeping these collectables at home and the economy falls apart it is very likely we will be living in total anarchy and you will soon become a target. So your best hope is that it's only a partial collapse and our infrastructure remains in place. You can watch these Doomsday Prepper people on TV all day long spending their life savings to build concrete bunkers and cinder block castles as if they expect that a holocaust is going to time travel everybody back to the 1700s when nobody had dynamite or a D-9 dozer. I don't have a problem with people preparing for the worst possible scenerio but if this preparation costs them now then it's a risk that isn't wise in my opinion. Investing in gold right now is not a bad idea! But only as a means to balance your portfolio. If it causes you to take money out of the REAL market then you will miss out on a lot of growth and it becomes a bad idea. And like I said: If the American economy collapses NOBODY can predict what conditions will be at that time. It's kind like someone who expects an environmental catastrophy soon and puts all their resources into cold whether gear without knowing if it will be cold or hot! If you truly want to prep for the future then find a way to gain ownership of potable water. Drinking water will be the most expensive commodity on earth within our chidlren's lifetime.......

Blog Entries

BTW: Good talk..

All-American
    Blog Entries

Actually, I don't have my physical in ANY bank building or banking system....that would be a big mistake. Also, I have some spread outside the US borders in a secure place. From my take on things, I feel if some chaos does break loose, it will be a short-lived event lasting no longer than one month at the most....but probably more like a week or two to stabilize things. I'm not about to spend all my hard-earned cash on Doomsday gear so others can cash in on the hype that may never occur. I'm just saying things don't look good for the dollar and suddenly PM's are looking like a good safety net for now. Having a minimum of 25% of your portfolio in physical, by all indications, looks like the safest and wisest place to be right now. My personal holdings are my personal business, but I did want to share some current economic outlook with the viewers and some sites they could visit to at least get a different perspective from the msm(mainstream media)...which happens to be biased and bogus. Whatever floats your boat is your personal business, just like mine or others....but at least we are discussing some IMPORTANT events going on at this time in the history of this nation that will have an enormous effect on how we will live as a society in these United States in the near future. I just wish this thread would get more people involved in the discussions and more imput/opinions from others. Thanks for at least giving your feelings/opinions on some of the questions many are facing as these economic events unfold worldwide. These next few years could be a life-changing time for many, many US citizens and how they will live their day-to-day lives in the future. I'm not a doom& gloom kinda guy, but I am a realist. Fantasyland just doesn't register too high on my scale. Optimism and realism are not opposites. I'm optimistically hoping some deals can be struck by the powers that be to help avert a collapse or castastrophy in our economy. But if that doesn't come to pass, I think it's wise to have a backup plan in place.....just in case. And a plan that doesn't send you to the poor house to implement. And a plan that doesn't depend on you giving up a large portion of your wealth or savings. This thread isn't really about stocks vs precious metals....that's just the headliners right now.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Consider this: If a person were to cut out some extravagances(whatever your definition of that is for you) monthly and convert just $200/mo. to silver of some sort(there's lots of choices to select from), by the end of the year that person would have amassed a small hedge against inflation(or stagflation), a devaluing dollar, and not been penalized for being a saver. Today's banking system penalizes savers in our economy....by design, naturally. When a currency is backed by gold, this is not the case. At this juncture, there is no penalty for the banking industry to take risks with our deposits. When you deposit money into a bank, there is a legal contract that says it is now their money and your recourse is secondary....did you know that? Ask the depositors in Greece about this situation. That was the "test" case for the system worldwide, and the Central Bankers(CB's) took notice. The ATM's were shut off and the citizens were only allowed $200 Euro per week to withdraw.....when the banks finally did reopen. Many depositors lost huge sums of money that was never returned to some of their asset accounts.....like IRA's and other like vehicles. At some point in the future this could happen if the dollar loses it reserve status.....there is a precedent and talk in some circles about what the govt. may be able to do with certain accts. All I'm saying is to stay on top of the stock market trading levels and what the dollar is doing against the other currencies....those two areas will show up first if there is a big problem happening with our economy regardless of what the msm reports. Keep some cash at home in a safe place. It ain't doing no good in the bank....that's for sure. Get away from the major member banks of the Fed system and seek out a good local credit union to transact your business with....just some friendly advice. Develop some strategies by researching what others may be doing, but don't make senseless Prepper expenditures. Keep everything close to the vest, so to speak. A low profile financially right now is the best medicine, IMO.

All-American
    Blog Entries

I HIGHLY recommend intensive reading of JimWillie at GoldenJackass.com. Once you have read from some of the archived articles up to current daily articles, you will be a much more informed person on what's really happening in the grand scheme of things worldwide and how it will directly impact our standard of living in the US. Also read some of the comments from some of the subscribing readers, as well as guest articles from other well-respected writers that are connected in a huge way to the worldwide financial markets.

All-American

I just want to jump in and tell each of you that your discussion/debate has been refreshing compared to how some threads turn out. No bashing, trashing and idiot calling. Good points on both sides.

All-American
    Blog Entries

UPDATE: Today is Valentine's Day, a Friday, and Gold broke thru its 100 day MA(Moving Avg) to close @ $1386, while Silver punched thru its 100 day MA yesterday and its 200 day MA today. Silver is still below the $30/oz. level at a premium of around 3.39 per coin on Silver Eagles. But Silver is much more volatile than Gold, which means it could and probably will make some big time daily gains in the near future compared to Gold percentagewise. But because Gold is so much more expensive, when it moves even at a lower percentage, the increase is still large. I'm hearing now that many experts in the PM's markets are expecting Gold to hit at least $3000 in 2014, IF there's not a reset on the price. If there is a reset, then perhaps $5000-$7000. Expect Silver to be adjusted back to a Gold/Silver ratio by year's end to somewhere around 20/1. It's been ridiculously devalued the past several years now to about 60/1. The historical ratio has been around the 16/1 level, but that was before all this world currency crisis and when Silver was not being used for technological manufacturing like it is today. There's still time to trade on the cheap, cheap. I'll keep this thread updated. Of course, I'm referencing the spot prices on the physical stuff here, not paper-backed gold stocks.
    Last edited by regaleagle; 02-15-2014 at 01:44 AM.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Correction>>>>Gold busted up thru $1321 on Friday, not $1386. Still, it punched thru the $1300 barrier and got the attention of many investors looking for another bull run for the PM's this year.

All-American
    Blog Entries

There's just a whole lot of stuff going on in the world right now in regards to the worlds economies....but mainly committing criminal acts to keep the US dollar as the world's reserve currency so the 1% Elite can enrich themselves at the expense of not only the eroding American Middle Class, but the masses of the population of the rest of the world. Are you aware of the recent banker deaths of 8 bankers worldwide in the past month alone, and the count is now about 20 within the last several years that were somehow connected in a large way to the banksters and the Fed system and related financial markets. Most were reported by the "owned" MSM as "suicides" or "accidents", but too many have happened and are curiously interrelated with the same industry. One guy was found in his garage with 6 nails driven about his body with a nail gun....that one was a "suicide", haha. Two simply jumped out of their tall office towers to their deaths....one that had called his fiancé and told her he was leaving shortly to meet her. There's just some really questionable(most would call it criminal) activities going on out there to keep certain information squashed that could have major implications upon some wealthy people in the center of all this currency Ponzi scheme taking place not only here in the US, but across other nations as well. The battle to depress Gold/Silver is only one of the activities the banksters use to keep "control" by lining their pockets and placating TPTB(the powers that be) whom they are in bed with.

Blog Entries

Inflation Adjusted Returns of Stocks, Bonds, and Gold. 10K invested in each of these over the last almost 2 centuries would have created this inflation adjusted wealth.

Stocks= 5.6 Billion
    Bonds= 8 Million
    Gold= 28,000

"But in terms of productive growth, gold is a dead asset that will eventually return to its baseline. It produces nothing. It creates nothing. The inflation-adjusted returns of the past 200 years reflect this reality."

http://www.joshuakennon.com/stocks-v...ast-200-years/

All-American
    Blog Entries

A true statement, no doubt. But we are not talking about wealth creation here.....we are talking about survival when those that are at the center of this wealth creation have done so at the expense of our society and the working American Middle Class that kept this country and the better part of the rest of the world's economies healthy. After so many decades(going back past 100 yrs.), TPTB have finally succeeded in total enslaving the American Middle Class....using these devises just as the statistics above show. They have used the stock markets and the bond markets to replace true wealth in manufacturing, industry, and technology. Who owns the big banks, the congress, big industry, all the lobby groups, etc. etc. etc. that brought us to the point where we are today??? And was this done by coincidence, or by methodology? And who reaped the greatest benefits over that period of time? And who were the members of such organizations as the Knights Templar, the Builderburgs, the Illuminati, and many more? And where are they today??? And how wealthy are these families? Gold and silver will be among few hard assets left standing when the destruction takes its course. Flight to safety will not be in paper commodities. Eventually, a new currency, backed partially(at least) by gold will be replace the dollar as the new world reserve currency. When the US dollar loses its position of being the world's reserve currency, then all I can say is you better have something of real value in place to make up for the losses in purchasing power the dollar will experience not only here in North America, but the world over. Our dollars are no longer wanted worldwide, and when that happens we will have to produce as much as we spend as a country to keep the economy from hyperinflating. Our standard of living as most Americans know it will drastically change. Most Americans cannot envision something they have never seen in their lifetime. You'll soon discover where real tangible wealth is stored....and it ain't in paper. Do you think that the Chinese are stupid??? OR any other of the Asian nations that value gold and silver much more than does our society as a whole? Why are Americans so uninformed about Gold and Silver? Because they have been conditioned that way....surprise, surprise. And because the US was and has been since WWII the leader of the world's strongest currency. But those times are gone, and now the US owes more debt than all of the Euro countries combined....is the world leader as the greatest debtor nation in the history of the world. Buckle up and get ready for a new world.....esp. here in the States. And tell me how much your precious stocks are worth when the SHTF that is inevitable and unavoidable now.