Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All-American
    Blog Entries

Default PRECIOUS METALS VS STOCKS: Who ya got???

Man, I've noticed from some of my emails that the precious metalers and stockmarketers are doing war out there for your almighty dollar. I mean....they've always been on opposing sides of the fence, but when gold and silver prices took a plunge earlier this summer, the stockers came out of the woodwork while the metalers were preaching "buy all you can at this cheap price because this is only a market correction". The dollar is being printed 24/7 and apparently this will continue for the next 2 yrs. Now gold and silver are slowly moving back up the past several days. It will be interesting to see just how high gold and silver will rise after this market adjustment. Some say the correction was "orchestrated" by those holding many many ounces by selling off huge quantities to drive the price down. Now they are buying at bargain prices again while most panicked and sold....moving their investment dollars into stocks. The stockers are happy for now, but the metalers that sold high and are now buying low are just thrilled. Meanwhile, John Q Public watches the game from the stands. But I did jump in on the metalers side of the fence when the silver was below $20, I'll hafta admit. So I guess you can say I'm favoriin' the metalers to come out on top eventually. Meanwhile, the stockers are working hard to make a killing on the short run....good luck on that, lol.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Blog Entries

I watched the movie "In time" last night with Justin Timberlake. Good show! but it struck me as odd that I have felt about the American stock market for years now the same as I felt about the people in the movie that controlled the allocation of Time. There are far, far, far too many people with the ability to manipulate the markets these days. I have dabbled some in the OTC stocks (pink sheets) and it's amazing to me how many companies manipulate the penny stocks in obvious pump and dump schemes and they get away with it time after time after time. They hire other companies who specialize in pumping a penny stock to the public with lies and exaggerations on forums like this and then when they get the price up they sell Billions of company owned shares and drive the price into the dirt. They will then turn around and start the process all over again. Ever wonder how a company can have a trillion shares of stock sold at .00001 per share? The SEC is a big joke and really isn't interested in protecting the small time investor. Ok, i'm off my soapbox.

Blog Entries

3 years ago I invested in a startup company for .5 a share. After a year or so the SEC came in and shut them down for violations of SEC regulations. The SEC froze over 5 million in assets and turned it over to a law firm (receivership) to "collect and distribute" to the shareholders. (after the SEC got their fine money of course). It's been over 2 years now and the law firm has already eaten up the entire 5 million in liquid assets and has not paid out a single penny to any stockholder. This law firm exists for this purpose and this purpose ONLY. They handle receivership situations for the SEC and do nothing else. The SEC came in to protect the investor and handed every penny to a law firm with full knowledge the law firm would milk the situation for every single dollar and never pay out to any stockholder. And they do this every single day in this country. If you think the IRS is a bunch of crooks, look into the SEC!

Passages-Malibu recovering from a HS football addiction

If you are going to buy precious metals make sure you buy physical metal not just the paper that says you own it. If the market ever were to crash all of the paper precious metal in the world won't help you at all. Have your gold or silver in hand (preferably in a safe place) and not just the "title" to it. Just my $0.02.
    F.A.N.T.O.M. El Presidente
    AKA "El Guapo"
    The greatest dirt waterer to ever live!
    Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. - Thanks for that one 44!

All-American

When I read a discussion about precious metals and investments I always think back to my Economics Prof. around 1975 he told me that he felt gold was the way to go and that he was moving all his investments and buying Gold. I remember since I was young and knew everything I laughed and thought ...and this goof is trying to teach me!

If he is still alive I bet he's one happy camper.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Cool

I'm a native South Texan from a small town....enuff said. Do you think I would EVER buy a precious metal and not have it certified and delivered in hand??? Paper(like dollar bills) is for goats(sorry Fredericksburg...that's no reflection on you). Buy your precious metals from a reputable dealer that can certify and guarantee a 100% buyback on it. I recommend APMEX highly. Their pricing over spot is highly competitive and their product lineup is second to none. They are located in OKC, and I think you will find them to be very helpful. I've bought 3 times this year from them and feel very secure doing business with them. I checked out other dealers in the industry, but they seem to have the best deals and service overall. There is no minimum purchase with them either. Heck, I'm not really buying anything...I'm just trading paper dollars for physical bullion at what I am convinced is a bargain amount at this time. I'm accumulating all I can as cheaply as I can as quickly as I can while I can. And I hope the stuff goes thru the roof in the next 5 yrs. If it don't....no big deal. I just don't think I can lose any money buying silver under $35/ oz....and I don't want to wake up one day and find out the dollar nosedived and is no longer the world's currency of choice.

PS>>>>Today's price over spot was 23.34/oz....a $3 increase over just the other day when I locked in my order that is yet to be shipped. I won't divulge how many ounces I ordered, but it was more than 100 and less than 1000.
    Last edited by regaleagle; 07-13-2013 at 02:59 AM.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Blog Entries

Historically Silver and gold have NOT performed even close to the Stock Market. If wealth building is your goal then stocks are still your best bet.
    Look at the attached 100 year history of Gold and Silver. Then compare it to the Stock Market.

http://www.macrotrends.net/1333/gold...storical-chart

http://stockcharts.com/freecharts/hi.../djia1900.html

Blog Entries

Also keep in mind that the only two significant spikes in Gold prices was in the early 80's when the computer was becoming a trend and they needed gold to use as a conductor in the electronics and then again just recently when the market crashed so bad. The first time the price of Gold corrected and dropped considerable and it is following suit now............

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    I just can't see how owning bricks of gold or any other metal is going to help you if things go south? You think people are gonna be lining up to buy metal in a depression? I wouldn't count on it and wouldn't want my livelihood to depend on it... Not to mention metals haven't performed anywhere remotely close to as well as the stock market has.

My investment is going to be through mutual funds
    I'm investing in something that everyone will need. You can trade it, barter with it, or use it. Im stocking up on 22 ammunition.

Quote Originally Posted by BwdLion73 View Post
    I'm investing in something that everyone will need. You can trade it, barter with it, or use it. Im stocking up on 22 ammunition.
    22 ammunition??....you expectin' a cotton tail infestation??....

I don't think I'd be stocking up on metals if I was worried about survival.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    I don't think I'd be stocking up on metals if I was worried about survival.
    That's only one part of the equation. Food, water, and ammo are the others. There's lots of sites you can google up on the internet, but I like reading forums where posters are telling what they are doing, what products they use, some of the preparations they have made, and the best guns to buy for the money. Also there is extensive info on what ammo is best...least expensive and most available....ergo to which types of guns are the best to look for. So far hadn't seen much on rocket launchers though, lol. Gotta take them drones out somehow, haha. Or how about an old pickup without the computer chip in it....that would be nice to have. Cell phones have the chip....uh-oh. "How to cook with a solar oven"....they have that stuff, too. You'd be amazed at all the stuff there is.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Today was Friday March 15th, and things are getting mighty dicey out there in the world financial markets. We have this "move" by Putin in Ukraine that was an orchestrated play by the Big Boyz in Washington to claim all the Russian gold stored in their vaults instead of declaring a military conflict....but still a "war" of sorts just the same. This deal with that territory is all about the gas pipelines and shipping port for Russia and its Gazprom to China, Europe, and the rest of the Middle East. It's the uncorking of the Petrodollar (US/Saudia Arabia) and replacing it with Gazprom(Russia/China/Iran) and trading in gold instead of dollars. This leaves the US dollar at serious risk in maintaining it reserve currency status around the world and basically kicks Saudi Arabia off its high horse, esp. since all of their gold has also now be stolen out of the LMBA. Looks like the Federal Reserve Banks in NY and London have exhausted all there physical gold and are now taking desperate measures to keep the Almighty Dollar floating for as long as possible while at the same time stabbing our trade partners/allies in the back. This is what happens when governments(those in power that run amuck unchecked) will do whatever they deem most expedient to keep their sinister apparatus alive....to the economic death of us all. Don't be surprised to see the Big Money bailing out of the stock markets and diving into Gold/Silver in thenext few months. By year end, we should see Gold hit an alltime high well over $2000/oz. followed by Silver outperforming Gold's gains percentagewise and closing the wide gap that now exists in the Gold/Silver ratio. The stockers have made their dollars, even though in terms of real money the 37% gain since 2000 in dollars in the Dow is really a loss of 72% against the value of gold when one looks at inflation and purchasing power of the dollar in the last 13 yrs. These are the stats, and numbers don't lie. Against a more stable currency...the Swiss Franc...the dollar is down 50% since 2000 and 80% since 1974. It makes one wonder how in the world a country that has this kind of decifit spending and debt can maintain its Reserve Status throughout the most of the trading world.....but it can't. The dollar is dying a slow death, but things are ramping up here in 2014 quickly. For the short run of who knows how many years, the Big Money will quickly find its home back in the safety of precious metals and other forms intrinsic value as the dollar continues to lose its value around the globe....not just here in the US. So the stockers made some dollars, but the metalers will win the prize. And the whole world will lose when TSHTF as the Dow and Nasdaq , the Comex , and other markets worldwide start to feel the effects of the collapsing value of the Almighty Dollar. Keep a close watch on your bank accounts, your stock portfolios, and your IRA's. It would be better to take your 10% penalty and convert it over than to have Uncle Sam "borrow it" in return for some useless guaranteed and diminishing T-Bills. 90% of something now in hand today will be far greater than what looms on the horizon for the near future, imo. At least, that's what the experts are saying. So that's a brief and inconcise synopsis of the way things appear to be shaping up as of this date. Like I stated earlier, it don't look good for the home team. BTW, silver is a real bargain right now at about $21+ spot. It won't stay that low for much longer, though.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    22 ammunition??....you expectin' a cotton tail infestation??....
    Well back in the day we had plenty of rabbit & squirrel in the freezer. Coon hunting at night to sell fur. 22 is cheap and I can piss plenty of people off from quite a ways away if I wanted too. if they want to protect their Gold they can trade some to me for ammo. If I need to I can use mine to take theirs away. I have plenty of weapons that are of higher caliber, however 22 is the way to go long term.

Cottontails are beginning to be a thing of the past. Use to see them and Jackrabbits everywhere.

And if you would please, provide the backup on the claim about the bankers that have all turned up dead. I'd like to look into that. Thanks.