Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    All-American
    Blog Entries

Default PRECIOUS METALS VS STOCKS: Who ya got???

Man, I've noticed from some of my emails that the precious metalers and stockmarketers are doing war out there for your almighty dollar. I mean....they've always been on opposing sides of the fence, but when gold and silver prices took a plunge earlier this summer, the stockers came out of the woodwork while the metalers were preaching "buy all you can at this cheap price because this is only a market correction". The dollar is being printed 24/7 and apparently this will continue for the next 2 yrs. Now gold and silver are slowly moving back up the past several days. It will be interesting to see just how high gold and silver will rise after this market adjustment. Some say the correction was "orchestrated" by those holding many many ounces by selling off huge quantities to drive the price down. Now they are buying at bargain prices again while most panicked and sold....moving their investment dollars into stocks. The stockers are happy for now, but the metalers that sold high and are now buying low are just thrilled. Meanwhile, John Q Public watches the game from the stands. But I did jump in on the metalers side of the fence when the silver was below $20, I'll hafta admit. So I guess you can say I'm favoriin' the metalers to come out on top eventually. Meanwhile, the stockers are working hard to make a killing on the short run....good luck on that, lol.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Blog Entries

I watched the movie "In time" last night with Justin Timberlake. Good show! but it struck me as odd that I have felt about the American stock market for years now the same as I felt about the people in the movie that controlled the allocation of Time. There are far, far, far too many people with the ability to manipulate the markets these days. I have dabbled some in the OTC stocks (pink sheets) and it's amazing to me how many companies manipulate the penny stocks in obvious pump and dump schemes and they get away with it time after time after time. They hire other companies who specialize in pumping a penny stock to the public with lies and exaggerations on forums like this and then when they get the price up they sell Billions of company owned shares and drive the price into the dirt. They will then turn around and start the process all over again. Ever wonder how a company can have a trillion shares of stock sold at .00001 per share? The SEC is a big joke and really isn't interested in protecting the small time investor. Ok, i'm off my soapbox.

Blog Entries

3 years ago I invested in a startup company for .5 a share. After a year or so the SEC came in and shut them down for violations of SEC regulations. The SEC froze over 5 million in assets and turned it over to a law firm (receivership) to "collect and distribute" to the shareholders. (after the SEC got their fine money of course). It's been over 2 years now and the law firm has already eaten up the entire 5 million in liquid assets and has not paid out a single penny to any stockholder. This law firm exists for this purpose and this purpose ONLY. They handle receivership situations for the SEC and do nothing else. The SEC came in to protect the investor and handed every penny to a law firm with full knowledge the law firm would milk the situation for every single dollar and never pay out to any stockholder. And they do this every single day in this country. If you think the IRS is a bunch of crooks, look into the SEC!

Passages-Malibu recovering from a HS football addiction

If you are going to buy precious metals make sure you buy physical metal not just the paper that says you own it. If the market ever were to crash all of the paper precious metal in the world won't help you at all. Have your gold or silver in hand (preferably in a safe place) and not just the "title" to it. Just my $0.02.
    F.A.N.T.O.M. El Presidente
    AKA "El Guapo"
    The greatest dirt waterer to ever live!
    Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. - Thanks for that one 44!

All-American

When I read a discussion about precious metals and investments I always think back to my Economics Prof. around 1975 he told me that he felt gold was the way to go and that he was moving all his investments and buying Gold. I remember since I was young and knew everything I laughed and thought ...and this goof is trying to teach me!

If he is still alive I bet he's one happy camper.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Cool

I'm a native South Texan from a small town....enuff said. Do you think I would EVER buy a precious metal and not have it certified and delivered in hand??? Paper(like dollar bills) is for goats(sorry Fredericksburg...that's no reflection on you). Buy your precious metals from a reputable dealer that can certify and guarantee a 100% buyback on it. I recommend APMEX highly. Their pricing over spot is highly competitive and their product lineup is second to none. They are located in OKC, and I think you will find them to be very helpful. I've bought 3 times this year from them and feel very secure doing business with them. I checked out other dealers in the industry, but they seem to have the best deals and service overall. There is no minimum purchase with them either. Heck, I'm not really buying anything...I'm just trading paper dollars for physical bullion at what I am convinced is a bargain amount at this time. I'm accumulating all I can as cheaply as I can as quickly as I can while I can. And I hope the stuff goes thru the roof in the next 5 yrs. If it don't....no big deal. I just don't think I can lose any money buying silver under $35/ oz....and I don't want to wake up one day and find out the dollar nosedived and is no longer the world's currency of choice.

PS>>>>Today's price over spot was 23.34/oz....a $3 increase over just the other day when I locked in my order that is yet to be shipped. I won't divulge how many ounces I ordered, but it was more than 100 and less than 1000.
    Last edited by regaleagle; 07-13-2013 at 02:59 AM.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Blog Entries

Historically Silver and gold have NOT performed even close to the Stock Market. If wealth building is your goal then stocks are still your best bet.
    Look at the attached 100 year history of Gold and Silver. Then compare it to the Stock Market.

http://www.macrotrends.net/1333/gold...storical-chart

http://stockcharts.com/freecharts/hi.../djia1900.html

Blog Entries

Also keep in mind that the only two significant spikes in Gold prices was in the early 80's when the computer was becoming a trend and they needed gold to use as a conductor in the electronics and then again just recently when the market crashed so bad. The first time the price of Gold corrected and dropped considerable and it is following suit now............

All-American
    Blog Entries

You can't compare what's happening with the economies of the world today with any other time in past history. Currencies around the globe are printing paper 24/7 to keep their trading equivalent to the US since the world currency is the dollar and most countries base their trading off the dollar. If the US expands its currency printing, it forces the other nations to do the same to keep pace. The Fed is trying to pay off debt by printing 24/7, but now we owe trillions and raising the interest rate will cause further problems. More dollars in play means inflation which begets higher prices at a time when the devaluation of the dollar further disrupts your purchasing power, which in turn stagnates the economy even further. Compounding this effect would be even a small increase in interest rates, an increase in unemployment rates, and further stagnation of the economy, causing a loss of confidence worldwide in the dollar. Dollars would be "unloaded" and become devalued overnight worldwide, thereby escalating precious metals to highs never seen. The Stock Market would dive like a sinking ship in the mad rush to convert to precious metals. NO SIR...stocks at this time in history are not exactly the best choice for your investment dollars. There will always be "certain" stocks that perform well in a downturn, but on the whole I'm putting all my eggs in the precious metals basket nowadays.

All-American

I dont think putting all your eggs in one basket is a good idea. Gold does not depend on a product sale like an investment fund that is deversified. Seems to me that the price of gold is driven by Giant holders who hord until they get it to a point where they dump it on the market for a profit. When the price plummets from the large sales the same people then buy the gold back and start the marketing process again. There sure are a ton of advertisements out there telling everone to BUY GOLD!

If you have market diversity some investments can have bad days without sinking your ship. Just my strategy and I could be wrong.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    You can't compare what's happening with the economies of the world today with any other time in past history. Currencies around the globe are printing paper 24/7 to keep their trading equivalent to the US since the world currency is the dollar and most countries base their trading off the dollar. If the US expands its currency printing, it forces the other nations to do the same to keep pace. The Fed is trying to pay off debt by printing 24/7, but now we owe trillions and raising the interest rate will cause further problems. More dollars in play means inflation which begets higher prices at a time when the devaluation of the dollar further disrupts your purchasing power, which in turn stagnates the economy even further. Compounding this effect would be even a small increase in interest rates, an increase in unemployment rates, and further stagnation of the economy, causing a loss of confidence worldwide in the dollar. Dollars would be "unloaded" and become devalued overnight worldwide, thereby escalating precious metals to highs never seen. The Stock Market would dive like a sinking ship in the mad rush to convert to precious metals. NO SIR...stocks at this time in history are not exactly the best choice for your investment dollars. There will always be "certain" stocks that perform well in a downturn, but on the whole I'm putting all my eggs in the precious metals basket nowadays.

This kinds of market analysis have taken place for over 100 years Regal. We have no way of predicting what will happen in the future and you could be 100% correct. But historic trends say otherwise. And those historic trends sent a whole lot of people who thought like you to the poor house. Diversify for sure but you MUST take advantage of the big upswings in market value.

Dow Jones Industrial Average:

1 year= 24.45%
    3 year= 17.43%
    5 year= 10.23% Includes a huge fall in 2008
    10 year= 8.16.
    YTD right now= 19.74%

I have a little money in a SPDR S&P 500 ETF. 1 year 20.24% and 3 year 18.35%. This mimics the S & P 500 index.............. My in-laws sold out of most of their mutual funds and bonds right after the fall in 2008 (while the market was down so far) and deposited cash and CDs. I tried to warn them not to bail when the market is down but to no avail. They have earned less than 2% on their money the past 5 years while the market has almost completely recovered. The Dow was overvalued at 14000 before it dropped so bad in 2008 and it now sits at about 15400. Expect another fall to about 12000 soon (about 22%) and that should trigger a buying opportunity. Just my opinion though.

Sure wish Old Cardinal was still posting.
    He really knew/knows what he's talking about when it comes to this stuff.
    SWEETWATER

IS GOOD !!!!!!!

All-American
    Blog Entries

I'm not flipping the switch right away to precious metals completely, but I am doing lots of research and studying what's going on behind the scenes that is being kept under wraps. I'd like to accumulate another 1000 oz. of silver before the end of the year, though. I'm onto silver....not gold. Silver is just a safer bet in my opinion, and not nearly as expensive. But if the metals DO happen to move bullishly into the stratosphere in the next couple of years, silver has so much more room to make up ground on it's historic value of 1/16th the value of gold. Silver is highly used in today's technological product manufacturing, and is a wonder metal for many reasons. It's supply above ground is basically used up right now compared to gold. Sitting on 5000 oz. of silver is equivalent to holding less than 100 oz. of gold at today's values for each, which is a 1:50 silver to gold ratio.....silver is either way UNDERvalued right now, or gold is heavily OVERvalued. Regardless, it makes a great case to look at silver over gold in today's market. This is such as disparity over historical values of silver to gold that I believe silver is a great investment, not even counting all the other reasons to look at silver rising greatly in the coming years.

All-American
    Blog Entries

To further illustrate my point, let's take a look at each metal with x amt. of dollars invested, forecasting a return for gold to the $2000/oz. mark by this time next year, as many experts are predicting. Lets assume you invest $130,000 in either metal(use any number you wish) at today's spot prices. Today's gold is hovering at approx. $1300/oz. and silver @ approx. $20/oz. I will use $130,000 to make the math easy. Trading $130,000 dollars for gold at today's price will net you right at 100 oz. If you swapped out the same $130,000 for silver today, that would get you about 6500 oz. Now let's do the math and see what happens in comparison if both these metals rise as is predicted to gold's $2000 level it reached about a yr. ago.

Gold: 100 oz. X $2000/oz. = $200,000.....a $70,000 gain on investment($200,000-$130,000).

Silver: 6500 oz. x $125/oz.(1/16 of $2000) = $812,500.....a $682,500 gain on investment($812, 500-$130,000).

To some, these numbers may seem incomprehensible, but they are not. Gold was over $1900 just a yr ago, and silver is so much below its historical value in relation to gold that it will ultimately jump its way back up to where it has historically been. These numbers just illustrate what is not only possible, but very probable within the next year or so. Many factors point to gold eclipsing the $3000/oz. plateau sometime in 2015, while silver incrementally makes leaps forward to the $200/oz. range....with experts calling this the BEGINNING of the largest transfer of wealth in our lifetime. The Beginning, they say. After some "normal" level offs and maybe even small drops, some are predicting this bull market to last another 7 yr. cycle like previous ones and for the numbers to eventually escalate to over $5000/oz. for Gold and calling it not "far-fetched at all" to see silver hit $500/oz. These are unprecedented HUGE numbers for those holding the metals, and the transfer would be world-changing....as China is now the world's largest holder of physical gold and is on pace to buy one year's worth of mined gold this year alone, which represents over 200 tonnes. The US total gold reserve at present to thought to be around 70 tonnes, to give you an example. All of this information is available for anyone who wishes to do due diligence to simply search articles on the internet for gold and silver(Gold & Silver.com is a good place to start). My due diligence has been active with subscribed newsletters for this kind of info. for about 9 mos. now. If you are concerned about the economy and the value of your investments and how they may be at risk in the near future, these newsletters are full of news you will not hear from mainstream media. And it's world news, not just what's happening here in the US. And it includes all currencies, all investment types, the stockmarkets here and abroad, and practically anything that has to do with economies and money globally. Interesting stuff, to be sure.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Let's summarize and conclude. It is my opinion that silver represents not only the safest investment for my printed dollars today, but perhaps the one with the most potential for huge gain. How many investments have you ever seen that could ever be these two things at once??? Today there exists so many factors and issues that point toward a collapse of our US economic standard of living here in America that it bodes well for swapping printed dollars for precious metals...esp. at today's bargain prices of silver. Not only is this true here in the US, but the ramifications are felt worldwide since the dollar is today's global reserve currency for international trade. IF the spin doctors(Bernanke and the Fed for now) can somehow rein-in our runaway debt problems(not likely) and keep the real spin doctors(BIG MONEY) from having their way with the economies of the world(again, not likely) I think my physical silver in hand is still safe at today's cost to convert over. The risks associated with the stock market are based on the dollar, for the most part. And the risks are high, to be sure. Individually, you must get "lucky", kinda like going to Vegas. Controlling what happens to individual stock investments, even within sectors like energy, food, and raw materials, is like shooting craps and making your point...just too many other outcomes are probable. Common sense and centuries of history have tipped the scales toward the precious metals market for me with all the issues confronting the economies of the nations of the world today. When the dust settles, those who have the gold make the rules, OR those that have the gold are already making the rules(more likely). Have you ever heard of the Bilderburgs? One World Order? The Illuminati? The distance in average standards of living worldwide is closing, with these organizations benefitting the most(and its members thereof).
    Last edited by regaleagle; 07-21-2013 at 04:41 PM.