Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    Congratulations to all my Texas friends on their world championship
    Hey Saggy as an interesting note the final top worldwide teams were:

1. Texas
    2. UCLA
    3. Texas A&M
    4. University of Maryland
    5. Baylor

Yes three of the top 5 were in the final 5.
    Also Texas State was ranked No. 15

Great news indeed!

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil C View Post
    Hey Saggy as an interesting note the final top worldwide teams were:

1. Texas
    2. UCLA
    3. Texas A&M
    4. University of Maryland
    5. Baylor

Yes three of the top 5 were in the final 5.
    Also Texas State was ranked No. 15

Great news indeed!
    So no Hogwarts???

I cannot believe I just posted that. Also cannot believe that there is a thread about this

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Cougar View Post
    So no Hogwarts???

I cannot believe I just posted that. Also cannot believe that there is a thread about this
    3 weeks till 2-a-days start. It cannot get here fast enough.
    Ville-D is back...

All-American

This game is a great co-ed game enforced by the 2-2 rule. Basically what it means is that you can have a male or female seeker. That leaves 6 positions left on the field for each teams and of the remaining six players you must have at least 2 males and 2 females. In other words you can have 4 males and 2 females or 4 females and 2 males or 3 females and 3 males. A great game indeed.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

All-American

Texas played UCLA 3 times during the past year including the great world cup finals game. When a seeker gets the tennis ball from the snitch the game is over and the team gets 30 points. UCLA beat Texas the first game because even though Texas was ahead by 20 points UCLA got the snitch and 30 points to win by 10 points. The next two games Texas outscored them enough and took the snitch out of the game basically.

It is very rare but the two team captains can agree to end the game before the snitch is caught. Legend has it that one game lasted 3 months because the seekers didn't get the snitch. Finally the two team captains were so disgusted with the efforts of the seekers that they agreed to end the game. Thus an additional legend and lore to the game of Quidditch.
    Last edited by Phil C; 07-15-2013 at 08:33 PM.

Phil C Cares!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Cougar View Post
    So no Hogwarts???

I know what you mean. This new game won't be liked by everyone but it is a game with a great future. Certainly no threat to football, basketball and other sports but it is popular among the college students and it will grow and increase in popularity. One can cry, pout, scream, cuss or whatever the game is here to stay and will be enjoyed by many.

Phil C Cares!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Ville-D View Post
    3 weeks till 2-a-days start. It cannot get here fast enough.
    Bro, don't be mad cause you don't quidditch.
    **<Current Month> Hot Girl of the Month**

Quote Originally Posted by Phil C View Post
    I know what you mean. This new game won't be liked by everyone but it is a game with a great future. Certainly no threat to football, basketball and other sports but it is popular among the college students and it will grow and increase in popularity. One can cry, pout, scream, cuss or whatever the game is here to stay and will be enjoyed by many.
    The game is supposed to be played on FLYING BROOM STICKS for crying out loud, not running around with a permenant butt flinch

Looks like something that Leonard, Sheldon, Howard and Guthrapoli would love.

Penny? Not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    Bro, don't be mad cause you don't quidditch.
    LOL, not mad just ready for football.
    Ville-D is back...

Where can I get 2014 Longhorn season tickets for this sport?
    YnoT us?

so, what happens if someone accidently rams one of them broomsticks up someone's arse?.......

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    so, what happens if someone accidently rams one of them broomsticks up someone's arse?.......
    Hole in One!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    If you go to Texas that's called normal.
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

Quote Originally Posted by lostaussie View Post
    If you go to Texas that's called normal.

....there's a similar game played in the depths of the ocean by a certain animal....it's called squidditch!..... .....it was first discovered that these creatures were actually competing in organized game by Vietnamese marine biologist Dang Who Nguyen........ that was just for you tejastrue!.....
    Last edited by Cam; 07-17-2013 at 02:36 PM.