Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    All-American

Default Texas wins Quidditch World Cup Championship!

The Texas tower was lit orange for this in April I was told. I don't know why it wasn't mentioned or given publicity. Remember this is a World Championship not a National or Conference Champion. Well done Texas!

http://www.dailytexanonline.com/spor...orld-cup-title

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

Dude in the yellow is having a problem protecting his sack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkMJzJVLRFw

All-American

Great addition Additup! Thanks for the youtube post.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

All-American

Bro, do you even quidditch?
    **<Current Month> Hot Girl of the Month**

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Additup View Post
    Dude in the yellow is having a problem protecting his sack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkMJzJVLRFw

Below is the complete championship game between Texas and UCLA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aamjTZV51Q

Phil C Cares!

Saggy Aggie

Congratulations to all my Texas friends on their world championship

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    Wouldn't it be great if they added this great new sport to the Olympics?

Phil C Cares!

Saggy Aggie

Quote Originally Posted by Phil C View Post
    Wouldn't it be great if they added this great new sport to the Olympics?
    Indeed it would Phil

All-American

You can find out about this great game by doing a search on the internet and also some on youtube. Very interesting.

Phil C Cares!

All-American

I will give some information but as I have posted you can get more information on the internet. The game Quidditch is based on the game found in the popular Harry Potter books. The real life Quidditch is sometimes called Muggle Quidditch. The real life game was invented at Middlebury College in Vermont and this campus is beautiful. The World Cup was started in 2007 and participates includes other nations as well as USA. Middlebury College won the World Championships from 2007-2011 and had a great dynasty. In 2012 they had summer games (rather than a world cup)in Oxford, England but it was not part of the Olympics. If not a part of the Olympics they will probably have more Summer games in 2016. Five teams participated which were the USA, France, Australia, United Kingdom and Canada. The final results were USA gold, France silver, and bronze for Australia. In 2013 the World Cup was won by Texas who beat UCLA in the final and for the first time Middlebury was not the winner or even in the finals.

The game is part rudby, soccer, dodgeball and probably other sports but it is also part theatre especially with the snitch part. I think this game may catch on even more world wide eventually.

Phil C Cares!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    Thank you Saggy and also congratulations to the Aggies who were in the finals with Texas. It is too bad they were paired with each other early. The Aggies had a good team but they started off on the wrong foot and then had to take chances later in the game and Texas took advantage to increase the lead. Texas loses a lot of players this year and I don't know about the Aggies but hopefully both teams will have great success in the future and help make the game more popular nationwide and especially in Texas.

Phil C Cares!

The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

All-American

Who would believe that this game developed in Middlebury College in Vermont in 2005 would grow into what it is today played by over 300 colleges in the United States and 12 other countries? We are seeing the beginning of a great game that is no doubt going to be bigger and more popular. And we are so honored to get to see it from the beginning. It is like seeing football develop in 1869 when the first game was played and started. Or perhaps seeing the basketball and baseball game ever played. Thanks to 3A Down Low we are seeing the beginning. Great excitement and awe inspiring indeed.

Phil C Cares!

All-American

More great news as not only did Texas and Texas A&M do well but Baylor also participated. TCU also had a team. And Sam Houston State won the Division 2 Championship! Most wonderful news indeed.
    Last edited by Phil C; 07-14-2013 at 08:13 PM.

Phil C Cares!

All-American

This is a link to some of the tournament games. They can help you learn more about the game as well as seeing great play.

http://new.livestream.com/quidditch/...ideos/16450998

Phil C Cares!