All-District

Default Columbus 5, Bellville 0

Great job Ctowners!

All-American

Did Sealy make up their game with Bellville from Tuesday?

All-District

They played today but I dont know who won. Pretty cool how EC blew a big lead to ctown the other day and then their coach got chunked. Thats something I would have expected from the previous coach but not the current one.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by XMan View Post
    They played today but I dont know who won. Pretty cool how EC blew a big lead to ctown the other day and then their coach got chunked. Thats something I would have expected from the previous coach but not the current one.
    Thanks for the commentary, dick.

Columbus wins a game in a sport few care about and all of a sudden their fans get arrogant.

I'll make sure I call you out next football season.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Weebe View Post
    Thanks for the commentary, dick.

Columbus wins a game in a sport few care about and all of a sudden their fans get arrogant.

I'll make sure I call you out next football season.
    Wow, I do not think XMan is even from Columbus.

All-District

Doesn't matter. This isn't the first time I've seen him run down El Campo.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by XMan View Post
    Maybe he should have gotten himself tossed in the first inning. He should have used Brandle at some point late in the game instead of letting the Soph. sink or swim . Brandle hadn't pitched in a week, the game was for sole possession of first place and the Birds play Bellville (we've already beaten them once) Tue. I would think beating the Cards at their place would have been more important than a win against Bellville next week.

Stink on stink , low man wins = Ricebird football.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump View Post
    Maybe he should have gotten himself tossed in the first inning. He should have used Brandle at some point late in the game instead of letting the Soph. sink or swim . Brandle hadn't pitched in a week, the game was for sole possession of first place and the Birds play Bellville (we've already beaten them once) Tue. I would think beating the Cards at their place would have been more important than a win against Bellville next week.
    Speaking of Brandl I know he will be playing at Texas State next year , is he going as a pitcher or fielder . I know from playing with him in summer ball he has a funky delivery as a pitcher , just curious what their plans are for him. Great kid and Family.

All-American

Brandl's mom coached volleyball and other sports at Wharton and Boling before retiring.
    His Sister played volleyball at Wharton County Junior College.
    His dad was big in helping Babe Ruth in Wharton

All-District

Many of the middle to upper middle class families in Wharton are either moving to El Campo or sending their kids to school in El Campo so they can get their kids out of Wharton ISD.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by hookandladder View Post
    Speaking of Brandl I know he will be playing at Texas State next year , is he going as a pitcher or fielder . I know from playing with him in summer ball he has a funky delivery as a pitcher , just curious what their plans are for him. Great kid and Family.
    I hear they aren't planning on pitching him at Texas state.

Stink on stink , low man wins = Ricebird football.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump View Post
    I hear they aren't planning on pitching him at Texas state.
    That is what I was thinking , he is a good contact hitter that most likely will end up in the outfield. Not sure where he plays for EC but played mostly OF with The Heat , heard he is No. 1 in his class so that makes the money issue a lot easier to work with as far as scholarship money.