Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Practice Squad

Default Ennis Judge publicizes Johnny Football speeding ticket

I would think hat this should cost this guy his job. I know I wouldn't want this blasted across the Internet about me. Surely this violates something.

Taken from another Internet forum:

An Ennis judge, Lee Johnson, took to Facebook yesterday to showboat about a speeding ticket issued to Johnny Football...

From Facebook:
    "Too funny. So it seems that a certain unnamed (very) recent Heisman Trophy winner from a certain unnamed "college" down south of here got a gift from the Ennis P.D. while he was speeding on the 287 bypass yesterday. It appears even though the OU defense couldn't stop him, the City of Ennis P.D. is a different story altogether. Time to grow up/slow down young 'un. You got your whole life/career ahead of you. Gig Em indeed."

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish Camp View Post
    I would think hat this should cost this guy his job. I know I wouldn't want this blasted across the Internet about me. Surely this violates something.

Taken from another Internet forum:

An Ennis judge, Lee Johnson, took to Facebook yesterday to showboat about a speeding ticket issued to Johnny Football...

From Facebook:
    "Too funny. So it seems that a certain unnamed (very) recent Heisman Trophy winner from a certain unnamed "college" down south of here got a gift from the Ennis P.D. while he was speeding on the 287 bypass yesterday. It appears even though the OU defense couldn't stop him, the City of Ennis P.D. is a different story altogether. Time to grow up/slow down young 'un. You got your whole life/career ahead of you. Gig Em indeed."
    Anyone could find out about the ticket from the freedom of information act....definitely not worth losing a job over.
    **<Current Month> Hot Girl of the Month**

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    Anyone could find out about the ticket from the freedom of information act....definitely not worth losing a job over.
    If they were looking for that information yes they could.

All-American

Hey tiger a good read:
    Commission on Judicial Conduct. Cannon 3(B)(10) seems aplicable:
    quote:
    A judge shall abstain from public comment about a pending or impending proceeding which may come before the judge's court in a manner which suggests to a reasonable person the judge's probable decision on any particular.

Maybe not worth losing a job but maybe just doing his job would work?

Practice Squad

Thank you, Nasty. Glad someone on here has sense.

Old Tiger is a complete idiot. Just read his post history

All-American

Does the officer once state the name of the person who recieved the citation? No.
    Does the officer state the specific school? No

For all we know he could be talking about Robert Griffin III. In my experiences with Aggies they will say Gig 'Em after anything regardless if it was there player or someone they have played against.

All-American

I'm not sure about court cases but most entities will release information and go by the act if the requests are in writing and the act is cited as the bases for the request. This judge may have gone to war. I hope he isn't depented on Aggie voters for reelection.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

Does the officer once state the name of the person who recieved the citation? No.
    Does the officer state the specific school? No

For all we know he could be talking about Robert Griffin III. In my experiences with Aggies they will say Gig 'Em after anything regardless if it was there player or someone they have played against.
    As a judge and an elected official, he should know better than to use social media to say anything about a pending case regardless of who it pertains to. Sounds to me like the judge needs to grow up and keep his child like antics off Facebook!
    Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledgehammer!

All-American

Judges are elected. Can't fire'em.
    When I hear someone say "Im not book smart, Im street smart"; what I really hear is "Im not real smart, Im pretend smart".

Blog Entries

Yes this was going too far by this judge. Open information Act requires that the information be made available upon request. For a judge to selectively decide what will be made public without request is completely wrong. In my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmersfan View Post
    Yes this was going too far by this judge. Open information Act requires that the information be made available upon request. For a judge to selectively decide what will be made public without request is completely wrong. In my opinion.
    For once we agree!
    T-Shirt Fan By Choice and First to Admit It! Will wear a new t-shirt in 2018 I'm sure.

Ronnie Houston

For all we know he could be talking about Robert Griffin III.
    Well we know that didn't happen. BOB3 is incapable of doing wrong.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Cougar View Post
    Well we know that didn't happen. BOB3 is incapable of doing wrong.
    That is true he is a great Baptist man with a good moral upbringing.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmersfan View Post
    Agree. I don't know if this rises to the level of losing his job, but it shows him to be unprofessional and ridiculously childish.
    Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.

-Voltaire

All-American

Seems like college players can't stay out of trouble for one reason or another. We have to remember that they are still kids and make mistakes. I did the same.
    These athletes are in the lime light though and will draw the attention of media, etc