View Poll Results: WHO WINS? WHY?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • JASPER BULLDOGS

5 18.52%
  • #1 NAVASOTA RATTLERS

22 81.48%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Jasper Bulldogs (9-2) vs Navasota Rattlers (11-0)

Jasper Bulldogs vs The Navasota Rattlers
    Friday, November 23, 7pm
    Buddy Moorhead Stadium (Conroe High Campus)
    Conroe, TX

Jasper Bulldogs (9-2)

Jasper 49 Liberty 13
    Jasper 55 Orangefield 14
    Jasper 52 Kirbyville 13
    WO-S 17 Jasper 7
    Jasper 17 Bridge City 7
    Jasper 68 Cohen Prep 0
    Jasper 45 Diboll 0
    Carthage 49 Jasper 31
    Jasper 65 Huntington 14
    Jasper 27 Center 21
    Jasper 58 Groesbeck 28

The Navasota Rattlers (11-0)

Navasota 42 Willis 0
    Navasota 36 Coldspring 8
    Navasota 49 Houston Sterling 6
    Navasota 45 Lexington 13
    Navasota 41 Fairfield 7
    Navasota 57 Austin McCallum 9
    Navasota 38 Madisonville 0
    Navasota 43 Rockdale 0
    Navasota 58 Caldwell 0
    Navasota 52 Taylor 0
    Navasota 62 China Spring 16

History

1994- 4A, After upsetting #1 Carthage, Navasota loses several starters to a car accident before the Jasper game in Humble. Jasper wins.
    1996- Class 4A Area- Navasota (11-0) met Jasper (9-2) @ Buddy Moorhead in Conroe. Navasota won the game to advance to play La Marque in the Next Round.
    2007- 3a Div 1, Humble, TX- Navasota Trailed 34 to 14 at the half only to come from behind to beat the Bulldogs 42-40 on a cold misty night.

424-100-3 (80.74% win percentage) Highest winning percentage in the state

9 straight Region III Finals '11-'19
    56 consecutive district game wins '09-'20 (88-1 in district since 2003)
    37 consecutive non-losing seasons '84-'20

4 Championships - 1986, 1987, 2015, 2016
    8 State Finals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    9 Semifinals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2005, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    14 Quarterfinals - 1986, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2005, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    31 Playoff Appearances

All-District

Poor Jasper

Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by Ville View Post
    Poor Jasper
    This one will be closer than you think. Navasota will win it but their road is very difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by ctown81 View Post
    This one will be closer than you think. Navasota will win it but their road is very difficult.
    You are right about that.. Fedora does a great job of keeping his players focused on the game ahead of them. If Jasper has a problem stopping the pass or thinking that they will run on Navasota, it will be a very long night for the Bulldogs.
    Last edited by HEMOTOXIC; 11-17-2012 at 11:35 AM.

Navasota and Jasper games are always fun. I was in 6th grade for that '94 game. Our QB and RB were hurt before the game, amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by navscanmaster View Post
    Navasota and Jasper games are always fun. I was in 6th grade for that '94 game. Our QB and RB were hurt before the game, amirite?
    Yes, along with several others.

All-American

The road to Dallas is getting tougher. Jasper is the type team that can really hurt you if you don't play every down. They also feed on emotion and momentum, meaning that the Rattlers cannot let them stay in the game early on. Jasper will have some "new" wrinkles for the Rattlers and will try to run the ball to control the clock as much as possible. I don't think they can get in a passing battle and expect to outscore the Rattlers that way.

I think the Rattler defense will be ready and play all four quarters like they played the second half against China Spring. Which, by the way, included holding them to only 43 offensive yards besides the 53 yard trick play TD.
    In a perfect world, I would always be a winner---Why is it that I find it so hard to reach perfection???

No doubt Jasper can win this game. To do so, Jasper will have to control the clock to keep Navasota's offense off the field. Similar to what Coldspring attempted to do. In years past, I wouldn't be so confident in the Rattlers and their defense. This year, they are playing pretty sound defense and getting off the field which gives Navasota offense control. An offense that hasn't been stopped so far. And, yes, the offensive line has improved drastically since the Coldspring win.

All-American

I have seen both teams. They are very similar in appearance. Big, strong, and fast. The edge goes to Navasota for execution. Navasota does not make silly mistakes. The same coaching staff for years is a huge advantage. Jasper has another new coach this year. There obviously has had to be a learning curve. But from what I saw last night Jasper's game may finally be coming together. Hard to say. Don't know how good Groesbeck really was; that is whether they had played a tough schedule to go 6-4. I would not miss this game! Should this be the game of the week?
    Maybe if you didn't try to be so clever, you wouldn't end up looking so stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by j_dog View Post
    I have seen both teams. They are very similar in appearance. Big, strong, and fast. The edge goes to Navasota for execution. Navasota does not make silly mistakes. The same coaching staff for years is a huge advantage. Jasper has another new coach this year. There obviously has had to be a learning curve. But from what I saw last night Jasper's game may finally be coming together. Hard to say. Don't know how good Groesbeck really was; that is whether they had played a tough schedule to go 6-4. I would not miss this game! Should this be the game of the week?
    Should be another entertaining matchup... We may be tailgaiting depending on if it's allowed.

****Correction, Game time is 6pm.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by HEMOTOXIC View Post
    Should be another entertaining matchup... We may be tailgaiting depending on if it's allowed.
    There should be good attendance for this game. Last night for Groesbeck, neither team turned out what I would call a huge crowd. But this time, folks will be there. It is presumably a better matchup, and it will be much closer for all the fans for both teams that live in Houston. Good idea to tailgate.

If Conroe ISD will not allow it, perhaps Lowes or Sams up the street might allow tail gating ?? I think Lowes is just a block or two away from the stadium. Just a thought.
    Maybe if you didn't try to be so clever, you wouldn't end up looking so stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by j_dog View Post
    There should be good attendance for this game. Last night for Groesbeck, neither team turned out what I would call a huge crowd. But this time, folks will be there. It is presumably a better matchup, and it will be much closer for all the fans for both teams that live in Houston. Good idea to tailgate.

If Conroe ISD will not allow it, perhaps Lowes or Sams up the street might allow tail gating ?? I think Lowes is just a block or two away from the stadium. Just a thought.
    We will check into it on Monday.

All-District

Go rattlers
    Rockdale Tigers 1976 2a state football champs