All-American

Default Hellfighters coming to the Encore Action Channl on 12-28-12 at 7:20 A.M.

The time may not be convenient so you may want to set those recorders. There are also other available times on this channel you may want to check out. This movie was based on the life of Red Adair a famous oil field fire fighter. It stars John Wayne, Katherine Ross and Jim Hutton. In my opinion it is a good movie but not one of John Wayne's bests. I hope you enjoy it. As a note when it was first shown John Wayne advertised it as "the hottest movie I ever made."

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

I enjoyed this movie. Red Adair moved to Bellville ( had a ranch) and played golf at our club in his later yrs. He was a good guy!!!

Awesome movie, one of the first John Wayne movies I actually remember seeing.
    Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledgehammer!

Starter

Decent film.

Has quite a catch to it. 7 out of 10.

Filmed partly in Baytown when I lived there as a very young Bull Butter

"If I have one, I'll have 13"---Blake Shelton

Red Adair, Boots, and Coots all served as technical advisor on the movie. I think I remembe reading somewhere, maybe it was in the Bellville paper when Red Adair passed, that either Red, or maybe Coots, got in a fist fight with John Wayne over some details of his portrayal in the film. There might have been alcohol involved!
    "Hay in the barn is like money in the bank"