Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Lampasas 1-8 (0-4) @ Burnet 4-5 (2-2)

Burnet must win to clinch the 3rd playoff spot. Liberty Hill breaking out the voodoo dolls and black magic in hopes of a Burnet loss to keep their playoff hopes alive.

All to all you numb-nuts who said way back that Burnet would finish last or 2nd to last in District 8....well, I'll just repeat what I said back then. "Burnet would sneak into the 3rd spot and make the playoffs!".....My prediction is one win away from being correct and I hope it happens. Any team in District 8 can put up a fight. Lamp is no exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Any team in District 8 can put up a fight. Lamp is no exception.
    Ah.. No. Maybe against West or Hillsboro.

Blog Entries

Burnet must win to clinch the 3rd playoff spot. Liberty Hill breaking out the voodoo dolls and black magic in hopes of a Burnet loss to keep their playoff hopes alive.

All to all you numb-nuts who said way back that Burnet would finish last or 2nd to last in District 8....well, I'll just repeat what I said back then. "Burnet would sneak into the 3rd spot and make the playoffs!".....My prediction is one win away from being correct and I hope it happens. Any team in District 8 can put up a fight. Lamp is no exception.
    Man it pains me to say it, but ya'll wll get that playoff spot, not cause we will loose to Gatesville, but because ya'll will beat Lampasas. Does my boy's old GI joe work as a voodoo doll for CAM - just cause it might be fun to see him squirm a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Cougar View Post
    Ah.. No. Maybe against West or Hillsboro.
    Ah...yes!...I was refering to the teams "in" district 8 when they play each other. All these teams are very familiar with each other which makes for some good battles....
    But now that you've mentioned it.....Gatesville, Brownwood, and either Burnet or LH will not get blown away that easily by their ALL MIGHTY DISTRICT 7 OPPONENTS AND THEIR 12 DICIPLES!.....District 8 will come to play!......and like I said in another thread, better knock em' out now while ya got the chance cause I've seen what's coming down the pike from all the District 8 schools.....

Might be fun to start a thread about the future and list what you're excited about...I could list a bunch of kids in Burnet that I look forward to watching....including two sets of twins (one set very fast, one set very strong), two teammates who have both qualified & competed in the National Junior Olympics, the Ringstaff brothers and their Ringstaff cousin, sasquatch linemen, etc, etc...ya'll in some big trouble in the coming years!!...

Ah...yes!...I was refering to the teams "in" district 8 when they play each other.

Speaking only about Lampasas.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Cougar View Post
    Speaking only about Lampasas.
    dangit Cougar...stops confusin' me!...I ain't that smarts!.....By the way, how's the boy doing? Still playin'?

All-State

Its been a crazy season in 3A this year, I can only hope for some more wild friday night upsets, it would only be a fitting way to end the regular season......

Bet Gatesville is stressed out, bet Burnet is stressed out, Us and the Badgers have nothing to loose.....nothing to worry about..... the odds are against both of us.... no perfect record to maintain, no playoff spot to loose (LH can only gain a berth with the double upset)... the underdogs that would only like to finish on a win....

Now for my 6th graders, We play for the championship saturday, should be business as usual.
    Last edited by LHPfactory; 11-05-2012 at 03:08 PM.
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

dangit Cougar...stops confusin' me!...I ain't that smarts!.....By the way, how's the boy doing? Still playin'?
    One plays on Friday nights, one plays on Saturdays.

Blog Entries

This one was certainly dying a quiet death a few pages back. Lampasas will be hungry. Bassasct said Lamp did not put put up a fight, but for two quarters, they did. Burnet - they got some big ol corn and beef fed boys up North, ya'll best be ready.

Quote Originally Posted by panfan View Post
    This one was certainly dying a quiet death a few pages back. Lampasas will be hungry. Bassasct said Lamp did not put put up a fight, but for two quarters, they did. Burnet - they got some big ol corn and beef fed boys up North, ya'll best be ready.
    That's cause nobody on this forum cares bout Burnet! It's always Liberty Hill this...Liberty Hill that!... Don't you worry yourself to death panfan, Coach Jones will have them ready come Friday!

Blog Entries

That's cause nobody on this forum cares bout Burnet! It's always Liberty Hill this...Liberty Hill that!... Don't you worry yourself to death panfan, Coach Jones will have them ready come Friday!
    Not worried at all, and yeah - when you got such a good school color - folks are naturally attracted to it. then there are those color seeing impaired folks (Phil C on another thread said to be PC so here I'm practicing that - see what I did there ) who just don't recognize that the turf color should be left on the turf!!!

Quote Originally Posted by panfan View Post
    Not worried at all, and yeah - when you got such a good school color - folks are naturally attracted to it. then there are those color seeing impaired folks (Phil C on another thread said to be PC so here I'm practicing that - see what I did there ) who just don't recognize that the turf color should be left on the turf!!!
    you startin' all that up again??....games over!........

Cam, Thinking about attending the game on Friday. Where would you recommend to eat between Stephenville and Burnet?
    Ville-D is back...

Blog Entries

you startin' all that up again??....games over!........
    Its never over - you don't just turn it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ville-D View Post
    Cam, Thinking about attending the game on Friday. Where would you recommend to eat between Stephenville and Burnet?
    You sure you wanna come all the way to Burnet since you'll be going thru Lampasas first? If you just can't stand it and have to come to Burnet, my favorite new place to eat is Crazy Gals Cafe of Hwy 29. Awesome chicken fried steaks and good home cookin'....
    But I would suggest just eat in Lamp. So, here's what you do:
    Buy a loaf of bread. Pull over at Hancock Park off 281, walk down under the bridge to the creek. Find a broken branch or something else that can be used for violence! You'll find some mangy ducks hangin' around. Knock one over the head, de-feather the few feathers they gots left, and make yourself a duck sammitch!..don't forget the Pepto!....that'll learn ya to come spy on us!

But seriously, no really, seriously....For BBQ, Firehouse off 281 is really good. For Mex, Alfredo's across the road, and I've always heard Eve's Cafe is really good (German food & stuff)...but I've never been there.....I think you can google Lamp restaurants and find it....

You're other option is to ask Greendawg to bring you one of his famous "Beer Sammitches"!!.....that boy is a master in the culinary arts!!