Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-American

Default Worse Movie Endings ever

The authors below only listed current movies but I can think of a few that should have been considered and you probably have some too. Fortunately TCM and other stations show most of these older movies regularly.

One I would have included was Notorious with Cary Grant and Joan Fontaine (who won the oscar) made in 1941 directed by Alfred Hitchcock. Originally Grant was to be the killer but Hitchcock changed it to where he was cleared in a totally ridiculous ending which ruined an otherwise great movie for me. Hitchcock took it upon himself to change the ending because he thought it would hurt Grants image as a good guy but I think it would have proven to show he was a great actor and may have been oscar worthy which is something that eluded him. Remember Humphrey Bogart won his oscar for an offbeat role. Another thing is that this movie was remade for tv years later but they still had this same ridiculous ending. What a wasted opportunity not once but twice.

American Graffiti made in 1973. At the end there is a narrative what happened to the four main stars. But this movie had several interesting supporting cast and one wonders what happened to them. They should have ended it without the narrative unless others were included. What a hugh mistake that was.

And Then There Were None made in 1945 from the great Agatha Christie book but the ending in the movie is not like the fantastic book's ending. The worse thing is there have been remakes but none of them use the book's ending but always the same movie ending. What a huge mistake this has been. Maybe someday they will make a move true to the book but so far no one has taken advantage and have had the sorry movie ending.

http://www.hollywood.com/feature/Top...ndings/5363053

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

I read the list and I haven't seen a single movie on there...nor on the movies you stated.

All-American

Suspicion with Cary Grant will be on TCM on 11-23-12 at 3:15 P.M. It may not be a good time since it is right after Thanksgiving Day but you may want to set your recorders to watch it later.

And Then There Were None is available on youtube or at least it used to be so you can check to see when ready.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

All-American

Almost every Final Destination movie!

All-American

I liked the ending to American Graffiti.....

Practice Squad

The Grey

Junior Varsity

The Mist. Guy kills 5 people including his own son so that they won't have to suffer a horrible death then doesn't have any bullets for himself. Just as he does this the mist clears and everything is fine.
    The best intentions are fraught with disappointments. -CSI Guy

I can't help it that America's society has made it impossible to laugh at something that is not at least slightly offensive to somebody. -Me

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by SintonFan View Post
    Almost every Final Destination movie!
    The best intentions are fraught with disappointments. -CSI Guy

I can't help it that America's society has made it impossible to laugh at something that is not at least slightly offensive to somebody. -Me

No Country For Old Men didn't end, it just sort of stopped. Good movie otherwise.
    T-Shirt Fan By Choice and First to Admit It! Will wear a new t-shirt in 2018 I'm sure.

Ronnie Houston

I agree with the post about The Mist. Stephen King is one strange duck!

The Happening... Any M. Night Shamylan movie for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
    I agree with the post about The Mist. Stephen King is one strange duck!
    The short story actually had a different ending that left it up in the air as to whether the last group survived or not. Not sure why it was changed for the movie...
    CALALLEN WILDCATS

TRADITION NEVER GRADUATES

Quote Originally Posted by ronwx5x View Post
    No Country For Old Men didn't end, it just sort of stopped. Good movie otherwise.
    I didn't like it originally (the ending) but it grew on me. LOVED that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by jdawg2012 View Post
    The Mist. Guy kills 5 people including his own son so that they won't have to suffer a horrible death then doesn't have any bullets for himself. Just as he does this the mist clears and everything is fine.
    I loved the ending to The Mist. It was Balls Out and applauded it.
    Born an OWL
    Grew up a PIRATE
    Raised a couple of WILDCATS
    Now raising some new PIRATES

Same for the ending to Cabin in the Woods if anyone gripes about that one too.
    Born an OWL
    Grew up a PIRATE
    Raised a couple of WILDCATS
    Now raising some new PIRATES