Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    All-American

Default Pink Outs Going Overboard

I'm sorry but the pink out thing beats me down now....I'm all for support of Race for the Cure Etc....but we dont need football teams competing on who can add the most pink to their uniform etc...do we REALLY need pink eye "black"??? Put a ribbon on the helmet and roll with it, let the fans and cheerleaders wear as much pink as they ant but it looks to me like more of a distraction than anything else...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post
    I'm sorry but the pink out thing beats me down now....I'm all for support of Race for the Cure Etc....but we dont need football teams competing on who can add the most pink to their uniform etc...do we REALLY need pink eye "black"??? Put a ribbon on the helmet and roll with it, let the fans and cheerleaders wear as much pink as they ant but it looks to me like more of a distraction than anything else...
    You can thank the NFL for this. My only problem is why just pink? Why just breast cancer. I understand that it is leading cancer, but what about all the other cancers? My mother in law beat breast cancer and she says the same thing. My grandpa just beat a rare bone cancer and was declared cancer free last month. I really like what the MLB does with SU2C. Again Im not bashing the support, because i think its great. Lets just try to support all kinds of cancer.
    #37 Ranked Downlow Poster- Coach

All-American

I think from a football perspective its almost as bad as homecoming now, maybe worse

Letterman

I think from a football perspective its almost as bad as homecoming now, maybe worse
    What do you think is wrong with Homecoming? I know that my boys love the feeling of the whole tradition that is Homecoming. The town gets into the spirit of homecoming, everyone is buzzing the whole week of festivities.
    GO STEERS...FINISH WHAT YOU'VE STARTED
    EXPECT TO WIN, PLAY TO WIN!! FAMILY ALWAYS, GAS IT...

All-American

Most coaches hate homecoming, lots of distractions, gets teams out of the routine...Pink Outs are the same thing, its turning into a big distraction

All-District

Homecoming..... nowadays means lots of beer will be drank.

This is homecoming week for me...

East Texas Speed.... As fast as small town gossip.

All-American

THANK YOU!! If you want to support breast cancer research, donate money to Koman; run in the Race for the Cure; volunteer some time at a hospital or breast cancer research center. But putting on a ton of pink stuff doesn't do anything for anyone, and really doesn't impress me.
    When I hear someone say "Im not book smart, Im street smart"; what I really hear is "Im not real smart, Im pretend smart".

All-American

i know at Everman, Keeling put a stop to it...they put a sticker on the helmet and thats it...

Letterman

i know at Everman, Keeling put a stop to it...they put a sticker on the helmet and thats it...
    Well he must support cancer. Regarding homecoming, I am not sure it could mean less in Stephenville, expect to the flower shops who sell mums at what has to be an unreal profit.

Junior Varsity

My sister is dealing with breast cancer at the moment and I appreciate the efforts to bring awareness to the cause. I also agree with putting a sticker on the helmet. If the announcer wants to make a comment about it to bring additional awareness then that would be fine with me. Otherwise, all the other pink uniforms, accessories and whatnot are too much.

Letterman

Most coaches hate homecoming, lots of distractions, gets teams out of the routine...Pink Outs are the same thing, its turning into a big distraction
    I can agree with you, but on the same note I believe that teams do get more fired up because it is homecoming and it is for the most part a very special night to represent their school.
    GO STEERS...FINISH WHAT YOU'VE STARTED
    EXPECT TO WIN, PLAY TO WIN!! FAMILY ALWAYS, GAS IT...

Most of you know me to be an old schooler who is not timid when it comes to football----but I've got to tell you I think the struggle of human life is tough enough without the terrible added burden of cancer---so I've got to say that any increased awareness that helps those suffering with any form of this horrible, insidious, and relentless disease cannot be over the top in my book. Cancer knows no limits---so why should we when fighting it?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin Red View Post
    I can agree with you, but on the same note I believe that teams do get more fired up because it is homecoming and it is for the most part a very special night to represent their school.
    I guess La Vega missed the memo last week.
    STEPHENVILLE YELLOWJACKET FOOTBALL
    STATE CHAMPS 1993, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2012, 2021

STEPHENVILLE HONEYBEE SOCCER
    STATE CHAMPS 2017, 2019

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Bullaholic View Post
    Most of you know me to be an old schooler who is not timid when it comes to football----but I've got to tell you I think the struggle of human life is tough enough without the terrible added burden of cancer---so I've got to say that any increased awareness that helps those suffering with any form of this horrible, insidious, and relentless disease cannot be over the top in my book. Cancer knows no limits---so why should we when fighting it?
    It's become a business for some, the 50 bucks kids are spending on pink gloves etc could be donated for cancer research. When retailers try to capitalize on the pink craze by sending out seperate catalogs for October with pink stuff in it I think its a little overboard....do we really need to raise awareness for breast cancer? Does anyone know of any mentally competent adult not aware of breast cancer and how horrible it is?