View Poll Results: Who takes the Battle of Lavaca County?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hallettsville

1 4.76%
  • Yoakum

20 95.24%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Hallettsville (2-0) @ Yoakum (2-0)

H'V very solid passing attack team. Great QB and talented WR. Yoakum's improving pressure secondary with a shutdown corner in Keith Ratley, will be challeneged. Look for Dog's to continue improving each week, preparing for their district opener @ Smithville.

Yoakum must stop the sincless fumbles (backward pass not completed went for 6 on first play of game against Sinton and a "what the hell happened here in the backfield" fumble, that set up another Pirate score. Yes, we will fumble, part of the game, but--these that are preventable have to stop if we are to compete in what appears one of the state's best districts. And Yoakum must lock in (hold your water) on the OL and be able to focus, snap the ball on something other then on hut one. Grrrrrr, that bugs me. Opponents "D" can get the step when they know when it's being snapped. And finally, boneheaded penalties need to be curtailed. I think we had 12 for over 100 yards vs. Sinton
    Last edited by YTBulldogs; 09-08-2012 at 08:27 AM.
    YnoT us?

All-American

Yoakum will continue their winning ways with a 14 point victory over the Brahmas.

Yoakum by 20!!!

All-District

Yokum 40
    H'ville 12

If any district team takes an upcoming Friday off when district rolls around, it's an automatic loss IMO. Why it's vital we get our backups in as much as possible. Being the smallest team in the district (wide margin over some) we will need to gain quality depth, not just a hole filler for a series or two to give the #1's a breather during the game. So far, we've been able to play the backups and get their feet wet so to speak.

My area of concern right now, is our DL front four, not getting much pressure on the passer. Our above average LB'ers, and the creme of the crop secondary has done a super job in coverage however.

Regards to Hallettsville, anything can happen with this rival. It's who wants the bragging rights the most in this one.
    YnoT us?

Yoakum is playing well and I think they will continue to this week, they win this one 35-21.
    Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledgehammer!

I am interested to see how this one plays out. Hallettsville cruised in their 1st two weeks against pretty good 1A schools(Ganado,Shiner), so stepping up and playing a top 10 team from region IV should let us know more about the Brahmas.
    Cameron Yoemen - BACK-TO-BACK-TO-BACK State Champions

All-American

This game will be closer then most think, with it being in Yoakum I will go with the home team by 3.

Quote Originally Posted by hookandladder View Post
    This game will be closer then most think, with it being in Yoakum I will go with the home team by 3.
    I think your right too H&L. Always a tough rival game against this talented H'V team, year in, year out. Good news, our most talented player on offense IMO, and a starting secondary player, could be back by district. Been out since getting hurt in first scrimmage against Bellville. Lord I hope!!!! Should know later this week after his trip to doctor in Sugarland for follow up. He (Tre' Hights, a once a couple decades talented Soph), along with Keith Ratley, T.J. Hights and Timmy Blakeny---sure gives our improving QB, Chase Hermes some solid receivers to go to. Pick your poison with these guys. OL has improved weekly, to give QB time to scan, and find the open tall receivers who have blazing speed when they catch it. QB Hermes, being 6'2", sure helps him to look over the line, and find them.

I'll make my predicted score after Wed's practice.
    Last edited by YTBulldogs; 09-10-2012 at 11:05 AM.
    YnoT us?

All-American

Dawg win, will report later whether it will be by 8 or 28.
    GO BUFFS!

Quote Originally Posted by buff4ever View Post
    Dawg win, will report later whether it will be by 8 or 28.
    By far closer to 8 than 28 I assure you. 18 miles apart from one another, sure get's team's fired up for this one.
    YnoT us?

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by YTBulldogs View Post
    By far closer to 8 than 28 I assure you. 18 miles apart from one another, sure get's team's fired up for this one.
    I respect that, and it may be more like 15, but I expect you guys have that much more talent than them right now.
    GO BUFFS!

Depends if we play down like we did last year in games in which we should of played much better in games we had more talent than our opponent did. This years team--their attitude and approach in preparing in practice appears night and day different than last years bunch. We shall soon see if the team remembers that and comes out the gate firing.

Yoakum is clearly aware, we have not accomplished nothing yet. Each man, must improve on a daily basis and not be content with just a certain win. Yoakum set a goal after last years Sam Houston game, and they seem determined to give it hell to achieving it.
    YnoT us?

Was afraid the Dogs would come to practice today and think they'd won state after that win against a very talented Sinton Pirate club. Sure enough, it happened. Dog "D" wasted a couple hours going through the motions. Didn't accomplish anything. No running to the ball, players skipping turns or trying to get out of pass defense drills. Titty bumping contact. I don't get it. Last week, they practiced lights out, with aggressive snotbubble type contact, then played like it that Friday. Appears just like last year. Play a good game, off a game. Grrrrrrr!!! If the leaders don't get this crap stopped, Lavaca County rival Hallettsville will come to the D O G H O U S E and place the Dog's tail between their legs in front of the home folks.

Talked to a few H'V friends this evening, and they are still talking about losing their Homecoming to us last year. Stayed with them all year I guess.
    YnoT us?

To be fair, I can't just dog the "D". In our effort to snap the ball on hut 2 today, we tried it about 8 times I guess and false started 5 times. Had some of those stud WR's, who's horn I tooted about earlier, false start too, from not looking at the dern ball.

Just a pitiful Monday. When your female trainer makes the hardest hit of the day, you know it's not going well I might add. Might have put the kid on the shelf this Friday to boot. Good thing is, they can right all wrongs tomorrow and get back on track if they care to.
    Last edited by YTBulldogs; 09-10-2012 at 09:22 PM.
    YnoT us?