Thread: Radio Classics

All-American

Default Radio Classics

These were short programs (stories) on the radio mostly from the 30s, 40s & early 50s until tv took over but many were very good. This link is one of them made in the 40s which was later made into a movie with Barbara Stanwyck and Burt Lancaster. It created a sensation at the time. I hope you enjoy it. More are avalable at youtube and X82 radio channel if you can get it. Enjoy. This one is a tough one with a splendid radio performance by Agnes Moorehead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGqdp...eature=related

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

All-American

I need to clear my error but on the radio it is XM-82.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

All-American

The radio show Gunsmoke actually preceeded the long time running tv series. Below is an episode. Wouldn't it have been great to have had one with James Arness, Dennis Weaver & Milburn Stone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1meegmctV4

Phil C Cares!