Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All-State

Default Hondo @ Liberty Hill

LH coming off a tuff loss to the Buffs and Hondo edging Boerne.

If LH has responded correctly to the loss, defending LH will be like trying to stop the water from a broken dam.

I suspect Hondo may have a good team, however, Anyone know the real low down on what Hondo is like this year?

I have to go with LH, I believe Hondo better be prepared, if not this could be like LH vs Gatesville 06.... if the Owls are not fired up and ready to play.

What Say You?
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LHPfactory View Post

If LH has responded correctly to the loss, defending LH will be like trying to stop the water from a broken dam.

I suspect Hondo may have a good team, however, Anyone know the real low down on what Hondo is like this year?

I have to go with LH, I believe Hondo better be prepared, if not this could be like LH vs Gatesville 06.... if the Owls are not fired up and ready to play.

What Say You?

LH will be ready to go. They had some injuries (and still have some), and had a couple guys going both ways for a big part of the game due to those injuries. THey were just plum wore out. No excuses, they still should not have lost to the Buffs, but I suspect the coaches will make some adjustments.

All-American

Yes, guys going both ways this early in the year with 2 a days being cut back is really tough. Giddings had 5 going both ways against LH and it showed as the game went on. Luckily we have enough athletes that we weren't just counting on one or two to come up with a big play. Glenn obviously plays a huge role in our offense, but we had several others really make great plays on offense as well (for those who know them, dock, mack, hickey, haywood?SP?)

I do expect LH to dominate this game with a convincing victory. I will agree that you should not have lost to the buffs after the buffs had 4 turnovers, I couldn't believe after we came back, I said to some friends, "we just beat a good lh team with us having 4 turnovers, that doesn't happen when their offense is playing that well."
    GO BUFFS!

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by buff4ever View Post
    Yes, guys going both ways this early in the year with 2 a days being cut back is really tough. Giddings had 5 going both ways against LH and it showed as the game went on. Luckily we have enough athletes that we weren't just counting on one or two to come up with a big play. Glenn obviously plays a huge role in our offense, but we had several others really make great plays on offense as well (for those who know them, dock, mack, hickey, haywood?SP?)

I do expect LH to dominate this game with a convincing victory. I will agree that you should not have lost to the buffs after the buffs had 4 turnovers, I couldn't believe after we came back, I said to some friends, "we just beat a good lh team with us having 4 turnovers, that doesn't happen when their offense is playing that well."
    Both LH and Giddings look to have good teams this year.

The turn overs also hurt LH. 1 was inside the 5 that cost LH a TD at the end of the first half. Also the onside kick, that was the difference in the game, of course the Buffs made good use of it and made a touchdown.

The turn overs were painful for both sides, but Giddings made the most of the big one at the end and thats the ball game. A great match up for sure.

Adam Dock appears to be as good of a QB as his big brother Alan Dock was as A LineBacker.
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

What Say You?
    ....let's not talk about broken dams and such.....I live on the river bottoms of Buchanan Dam....and that kind of talk skeers me!!.....Since 9/11, all dams are considered terrorist targets. Me and the boys tooks a hike towards the dam and in no time we had a helicopter hoverin' over us!....They're watchin' us!....That's a good thing....anyway,,,carry on men!!! Oh, and LH will win their next game....

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    ....let's not talk about broken dams and such.....I live on the river bottoms of Buchanan Dam....and that kind of talk skeers me!!.....Since 9/11, all dams are considered terrorist targets. Me and the boys tooks a hike towards the dam and in no time we had a helicopter hoverin' over us!....They're watchin' us!....That's a good thing....anyway,,,carry on men!!! Oh, and LH will win their next game....
    They are ALWAYS watching you , and for good reason .......

I agree the Hill rolls this week.

Junior Varsity

Big test for the Ows this week...Owls faced a 90%pass last week with a no huddle team in Boerne.Now,Owls face a runnng team in LH...Owls are a very small team this year compared to years past but,they sure are a motivated bunch of kids...Owls passing game worked last week so, let's see whats up this week..LH is no pushover and glad Hondo schedules caliber schools in non district like LH...Owls again have to play top notch all the whole 4 qtrs..LH is the favorites but,can't go against those Hondo Owls,They will surprise you if your not ready...Owls in a close one...

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by Los Owls View Post
    Big test for the Ows this week...Owls faced a 90%pass last week with a no huddle team in Boerne.Now,Owls face a runnng team in LH...Owls are a very small team this year compared to years past but,they sure are a motivated bunch of kids...Owls passing game worked last week so, let's see whats up this week..LH is no pushover and glad Hondo schedules caliber schools in non district like LH...Owls again have to play top notch all the whole 4 qtrs..LH is the favorites but,can't go against those Hondo Owls,They will surprise you if your not ready...Owls in a close one...
    Are yall gonna bring the whole town/county like the 2006 Semi Finals in San Antonio? If so we will need to rent another stadium, cause the old one we have is to small.....
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

Junior Varsity

Are yall gonna bring the whole town/county like the 2006 Semi Finals in San Antonio? If so we will need to rent another stadium, cause the old one we have is to small.....
    LOL...I remember the whole town came out..I'm sure there will be a few heading out to LH!
    [IMG][/IMG]

Junior Varsity

What Say You?
    I hope the Owls show some fight and heart.They will be tested.I'm an Owl fan and this is no Hondo team like in the past. In my opinion, I have not seen a very small team like this in quite some time.They are a scrappy group though.It's good to see LH on the schedule.I'm afraid it's going to be a long night for the Owls.I believe they will come out and show some heart,but I hope they prove us all wrong.I'm not trying to be negative,but lack of speed and size just doesnt look good when facing a monster.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Practice Squad

If LH doesn't refocus it could be the beginning of the end. LH lost a heartbreaker with a lot of young guys. They learned a hard lesson. Hopefully they take it as a positive and come out on fire and build up from here. Coach Vance already making changes to get the team lined out and personel in the right positions which is exactly what non-district is for. I'm betting LH comes out focused and eliminates the little mistakes that cost them last week. It's been an extra hard long week of practice so I'm sure the boys don't want to go through it again.
    Offense is rolling and will continue to get better. D started slow then stepped it up just had a let down at the end. Duncan will get that fixed.
    bjrod9 - size and speed is not LH strong point, this will be a very good match up.. Be fun to possible play a team with similar size kids as us for once.. Sure wish I knew what everyone else was putting in the water to get their kids to grow and get fast.

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by Bassact View Post
    If LH doesn't refocus it could be the beginning of the end. LH lost a heartbreaker with a lot of young guys. They learned a hard lesson. Hopefully they take it as a positive and come out on fire and build up from here. Coach Vance already making changes to get the team lined out and personel in the right positions which is exactly what non-district is for. I'm betting LH comes out focused and eliminates the little mistakes that cost them last week. It's been an extra hard long week of practice so I'm sure the boys don't want to go through it again.
    Offense is rolling and will continue to get better. D started slow then stepped it up just had a let down at the end. Duncan will get that fixed.
    bjrod9 - size and speed is not LH strong point, this will be a very good match up.. Be fun to possible play a team with similar size kids as us for once.. Sure wish I knew what everyone else was putting in the water to get their kids to grow and get fast.

LH is small and doesnt have blistering break away speed, however, they have ligtning quick execution/ on both sides of the ball. Giddings was very fast and was able to catch each of our backs, however, not till they moved the chains.
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

Liberty Hill by 7!

Junior Varsity

Owls will have some fans over there..Won't be as full as back in '06..Great test for the OWLS....I think the only other team that runs as much as LH,will be Devine at the end of the season....

All-State

A good take on Last Week and looking forward to this week:

http://libertyhillsports.com/2012/09...-and-the-good/
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018