Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Celina folks

Junior Varsity

Default Celina folks

I got a question for yall. How in the world can yall run a 41.1 and a 3:15 this early and without one of your kids that runs a 48 on your mile relay team yet, make such early exits in the playoffs lately? I mean I dont wanna hear yall dont have speed. Yall got speed. Plus, yall got those big ole huge linemen getting recruited right and left. Speed + big ole lineman = early exit???????? That just doesn't figure to me. Wow, whats the deal?

All-District

Simply put, the teams that knock them out are better.
    East Texas Speed.... As fast as small town gossip.

All-American

when you play a freshman QB it can tend to limit you on offense also

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post
    when you play a freshman QB it can tend to limit you on offense also
    Don't know what they have returning but that QB will probably have the last laugh.
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

Saggy Aggie

Definitely quite a few teams lately doing a lot more with a lot less talent imo

Junior Varsity

Heck, with kids that fast and a line that big and strong seems a 4th grader could turn and hand off to fast guys running behind DI linemen

Quote Originally Posted by bolshavik View Post
    Heck, with kids that fast and a line that big and strong seems a 4th grader could turn and hand off to fast guys running behind DI linemen

It's coming...... wait for it. Next 3 years will be something to behold.

Junior Varsity

Man alive, wait for it? Where has it been lately? Got the fastest,strongest kids in 3A, able to beat Desoto/Lancaster in foot races but scared to play Melissa? What's next? Lose to Nevada Community or Penus..I mean Venus???

Man alive, wait for it? Where has it been lately? Got the fastest,strongest kids in 3A, able to beat Desoto/Lancaster in foot races but scared to play Melissa? What's next? Lose to Nevada Community or Penus..I mean Venus???
    You one funny guy Bolsonchin

One of the biggest problems in my opinion has been the lack of depth at runningback. For years Celina has played with hard nosed runningbacks that would not go down and would lower their heads and run over you. The runningbacks the last few years have not been able to break tackles and get the tough yards.

I my mind their is a big ? as to who will carry the Rock this year, I know they have a couple of kids they are looking at and one of them can absolutely fly and burn up the field. He just needs to gain weight I believe he is 6'2 and weighs around 180-185lbs they would like for him to gain 10lbs by august.

By the way Celina probably won't have a real big oline this year maybe the smallest in years, but they will be very quick and should be able to move.

Starter

Track speed does not always mean football speed.

Quote Originally Posted by marler1972 View Post
    Track speed does not always mean football speed.
    That's a good point. Last year I thought speed wise Celina could hang with Henderson, but what I saw was that although Celina had some speed Henderson had alot more. Celina had 4 few players that could run with best of them, but Henderson had alot more. I still think it comes down to technique more than anything. Ive seen to many teams who play good technique and have no speed beat up on teams with bad technique and great speed.

If Celina can find some olinemen that want to get after it and the runningbacks step up the sky is the limit. The defense will be good it always is for the most part.

All-American

Good point OM...1-4 Celina may be as fast as anyone...but if 5-11 is a mismatch that can be a big issue