All-American

Default I want this rule removed

If you have dial up internet still then you probably should just quit the internet. I think the signature rules should be removed due to everyone having a form of broadband.
    **<Current Month> Hot Girl of the Month**

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    If you have dial up internet still then you probably should just quit the internet. I think the signature rules should be removed due to everyone having a form of broadband.
    the term quit the internet makes me lol

best feature of this (and the former) site? being able to turn off signatures

People aren't that smart.

I am sometimes mistaken, but I am never wrong.

People who buys Macs are stupid.

All-American
    Blog Entries

The term "smart"(or intelligent??) is a misnomer here. Try the term "computer literate" or "computer savvy". Many of us did not have the benefit of computer training, or the time required to devote oneself to learning this technology, as we were busy with life earning a living in our chosen profession, which in my case, did not entail the use of the computer to do business. Being totally self-taught(I mean totally), I have a void in respect to the usage of many of its tools and have yet to devote the time necessary to explore and learn more of its functions. Call it prioritizing my time, or my personal choice to limit my time used on this medium of correspondence, it does not matter. But in most cases, keeping things relatively simple for the communicative abilities of all users of this board should result in more participation as a whole. I would think that would be one of the primary goals, or at least an essential ingredient, of maintaining and extending active participation in this communicative forum.

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    The term "smart"(or intelligent??) is a misnomer here. Try the term "computer literate" or "computer savvy". Many of us did not have the benefit of computer training, or the time required to devote oneself to learning this technology, as we were busy with life earning a living in our chosen profession, which in my case, did not entail the use of the computer to do business. Being totally self-taught(I mean totally), I have a void in respect to the usage of many of its tools and have yet to devote the time necessary to explore and learn more of its functions. Call it prioritizing my time, or my personal choice to limit my time used on this medium of correspondence, it does not matter. But in most cases, keeping things relatively simple for the communicative abilities of all users of this board should result in more participation as a whole. I would think that would be one of the primary goals, or at least an essential ingredient, of maintaining and extending active participation in this communicative forum.
    regaleagle - you have a interesting writing/posting style.....and I like it. Does that just flow off of your fingertips, or do you have to think about it? Do you talk in the same or similar style?
    "Hay in the barn is like money in the bank"

Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    Do you have 2 hands?

Quote Originally Posted by bobcat1 View Post
    Do you have 2 hands?

Quote Originally Posted by Manso/V8 View Post
    regaleagle - you have a interesting writing/posting style.....and I like it. Does that just flow off of your fingertips, or do you have to think about it? Do you talk in the same or similar style?
    I was wondering the same thing. Regaleagle, there is no doubt about your intelligence, that is obvious. I enjoy your posts, and they are always well thought out. I, too, grew up before computers were prevalent, and sometimes I have some difficulty with them, but it is definitely a learning curve for my age group. I take it you are about 3 or 4 years older than me. I'm 50, by the way, and graduated high school in '79. Computers were around then, but only the rich people could afford them. It wasn't until I decided to take some college courses about 12 years after high school that I learned anything about computers. I'm literate but still learning, but I'm definitely unable to keep up. I think computers, while increasing technological intelligence, has actually "dumbed down" some of the youth of today. I know I'll probably catch it for saying that, but think about it for a minute. Some youth today can't do simple math in their heads like we used to HAVE to do, but they know all there is to know about computers. Go to a McDonald's, or a convenience store, where a teenager works. Just the other day I went to a convenience store, bought some stuff that came to a total of $26.97. Not having a five, and having plenty of ones, I gave the cashier a twenty, a ten, and three ones. It took her at least three minutes to figure out my change, all the while with me telling her just to give me a five and three pennies. Geeesh! This sort of thing happens all the time, too.
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II