Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    cl8114

Post Gatesville vs Burnet

Gatesville looks good, so does Burnet. Any thoughts on the big game next week?

JOPPA GUY #14

It is going to be a very close game but i do believe that the huge line and the aces of burnet will emerge victorious.

Chris Hart

This is going to be a wonderful game to watch with two quality teams gettin it on.I am going to have to go with my DAWGS though.I don't even want to predict a score in this one, cause I don't know a whole lot about Gatesville other than they are real good.I haven't seen them play since the last time they played Burnet.I look for this to be a classic.

------------------
    Big Green Dawg

cl23

Indeed this will go down as a classic...two teams that should each win their own districts and both having a shot at winning their region and meeting againin the Division 1 semifinals. Both teams match up well with size and speed, but I think it will be decided by the depth, experience, and ball control that the Hornets possess. Prediction: Gatesville 20 Burnet 13

eye of the tiger

Burnet in a good close game. The kind of game I like to watch if my team isnt playing. Good luck to both squads.

All-American

I would go with Burnet on this one; however Gatesville is no big deal....Jasper will beat them by 40 points in the bi-district game- if they choose to. And Sinton will take out Burnet in Region IV. It's called depth and tradition.

ladydawg03

tradition? haha what do you mean by that? Its a trdaition that they always win???

oldbuff78

Gatesville by 4

cl23

Old Cardinal- as to your comment about tradition...is it tradition that Jasper and Sinton have never won a state championship? I would say they are lacking a little "depth" in the championship category.

REBEL

I know the Gatesville coaches personally and I feel with two great teams coaching will be the difference. So therefore, I would have to say :
    Gatesville -- 21
    Burnet -- 17

cl23

I'm sticking with my original score prediction of 20-13 for Gatesville, but I do think that home field advantage for Burnet could be the deciding factor in this game. If it were in Gatesville, not a doubt in my mind that the Hornets would win- they haven't lost at home since 1999.

All-American

To CL23: The DEPTH and TRADITION that I am talking about is about the two past years. Sinton and Jasper have been way up the bracket ladder, while Burnet got whipped as soon as they got into the playoffs last year. I can't understand how so many Burnet people can proclaim themselves the State Champions so arrogantly- before the seasons started, with your so-so record. Chris Hart, seems to have the only humility in your town.

ATMO

I don't believe Burnet has lost at home in a while, either. If the Burnet defense plays like it did against Reagan last week, look for the Bulldogs to win and win BIG!

ATMO

Originally posted by REBEL:
    I know the Gatesville coaches personally and I feel with two great teams coaching will be the difference. So therefore, I would have to say :
    Gatesville -- 21
    Burnet -- 17
    But you are right, REBEL: IF only coaching were involved, then Gatesville in a land slide. That Burnet staff does nothing but play CRAZY 8 in weekend meetings.

NOZGRINDER

I THINK THAT THIS WILL BE A GREAT DEFENSIVE BATTLE. BOTH TEAMS HAVE QUICK HARD HITTING DEFENSES AND BOTH HAVE EXCELLENT DC'S. I BELIEVE SPECIAL TEAMS WILL PLAY A BIG PART IN THIS ONE. IT SHOULD BE CLOSE MAYBE EVEN AN OT. BURNET 20 GATESVILLE 18