Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

can we get a video of that BS penalty for the defenseless receiver? i wanna see it again

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy D 11 View Post
    can we get a video of that BS penalty for the defenseless receiver? i wanna see it again
    especially because earlier in the game a Dallas WR was extened for the ball and killed but no call...that is problem I have with the rule, it is to judgemental
    Sideline To Sideline Show Each Week at https://lonestargridiron.com/categor...-to-sideline//

i know! that is what i said!

a buddy of mine watching the game with me get ALL KINDS of bent outta shape when i questioned the hit.

i go "where do you draw the line with that call? when is he no longer defenseless? once he's gained 1-2 yards with possession, then can you hit him?"

i mean the defender didn't even hit the receivers helmet, from the quick couple views i got i seriously thought it was a right shoulder to right shoulder type of it on the receiver

Not gonna go back and read 13 pages of thread, but Romo had a breakout this night. I ragged his rump pretty hard for his follies, and now he shows up a bag full of grit and determination. Good game, but we still have a long way to go. Finally showed some leadership moxie that he has not been exhibited to date. I'll be happy to eat my crow after he proves to be the disciple we discussed last week. One game does not make the Hall of Fame, but here is hoping. Still hope the Cowboys go after a QB to begin another rebuilding. And yes, I still have my doubts about his abilities, but congrats on due on this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmersfan View Post
    Romo just said that the Redskins were calling out the cadence which was the reason for the early snaps. Isn't that illegal?
    yes it is, its a Delay of Game, it should be unsportsmanlike though. but they didnt call several false starts and missed several obvious holds so why should we expect them to catch that, lol
    If Everyone would agree with me then we would all be RIGHT!

Thoughts on the game:

Ed Hockuly's crew has always sucked as refs. I knew it was going to be bad the first time I saw him on the field.

Tony Romo: I am happy to see him assume the leadership role. He changed my thinking the last 2 weeks. One of the biggest losses we had last night was Jason Hatcher. Never saw Holley get to play. Ogletree is not that great. Choice is useless and has shown nothing this year. Murray needs to be used as the 2nd string back. Sean Lee is a beast. Brooking is done. I didn't even know Spencer was playing until the last play. Victor Butler needs more playing time. Ware was dominated even when he was held or tackled. Our kicker was awesome last night.

Laron Landry is a beast. Santana Moss' catch over the middle was bobbled and trapped against the ground and not challenged. Tim Hightower is good, we should have got him. DeAngelo Hall was punked more than once. Bobbled snap on a field goal cost them this game.

Letterman

OK, I am man enough to admit that my prediction of the game was wrong. Romo did a good job of holding a close game together. This was the exact kind of game I expected him to blow ... and he did not blow it.

Perhaps ... Romo has turned the corner on his boneheadedness?

Quote Originally Posted by JJWalker View Post
    OK, I am man enough to admit that my prediction of the game was wrong. Romo did a good job of holding a close game together. This was the exact kind of game I expected him to blow ... and he did not blow it.

Perhaps ... Romo has turned the corner on his boneheadedness?
    The numbers would tell you that is exactly what he would NOT do, but don't let the facts get in the way of what you think.
    Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.

-Voltaire

Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
    The numbers would tell you that is exactly what he would NOT do, but don't let the facts get in the way of what you think.
    I never said Romo was not a statistics monster. He has great numbers. I just am waiting for him to not be a bonehead from time to time and at what seems like critical moments.

... P.S. my opinion is far from unique. Even the pre-game guys discussed the apparent discrepency between his numbers and the season results of the Cowboys with him at the helm.

I hope he has turned the corner.

Blog Entries

I was watching mike and mike this morning and they talked about how dallas fans try to hard to hate romo. They said it is so bad the critique him for wearing his hat backwards on the sideline, which has no effect on him on the field.
    #37 Ranked Downlow Poster- Coach

Just my opinion, but I found the entire game....disturbing, at best. Jason Garrett might need to consider calling some plays that move the ball down the field and across the goal line. Thank goodness Dan Bailey was spot-on all evening.

It was nice to NOT see Tony Romo with a stupid grin on his face when mistakes were made (for a change).

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by bobcat1 View Post
    Thoughts on the game:

Ed Hockuly's crew has always sucked as refs. I knew it was going to be bad the first time I saw him on the field.

Tony Romo: I am happy to see him assume the leadership role. He changed my thinking the last 2 weeks. One of the biggest losses we had last night was Jason Hatcher. Never saw Holley get to play. Ogletree is not that great. Choice is useless and has shown nothing this year. Murray needs to be used as the 2nd string back. Sean Lee is a beast. Brooking is done. I didn't even know Spencer was playing until the last play. Victor Butler needs more playing time. Ware was dominated even when he was held or tackled. Our kicker was awesome last night.

Laron Landry is a beast. Santana Moss' catch over the middle was bobbled and trapped against the ground and not challenged. Tim Hightower is good, we should have got him. DeAngelo Hall was punked more than once. Bobbled snap on a field goal cost them this game.
    That's a pretty good assesment, and I would like to add:
    How can a receiver in the nfl NOT know where to line up or what to do on a play?
    And Geroade (sp?) is not looking so bad at center. lol.
    “Evil triumphs when good men do nothing”
    ~Thomas Jefferson.
    Goldthwaite Eagles 1A Div 1 State Champions 2009

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/sounds/sanfordandson.wav

Can Costa really not tell the difference between a big black mans voice that is right in front of him and a dinky white guys voice who is standing 15 feet behind him?

I swear he had on a kids helmet too.

I am sometimes mistaken, but I am never wrong.

People who buys Macs are stupid.

[QUOTE= It was nice to NOT see Tony Romo with a stupid grin on his face when mistakes were made (for a change).[/QUOTE]

i was thinking the same thing