Default Irritating Commercial

"Do people use smart phones to do dumb things?" Not nearly as often as Geico runs this stupid commercial!

Designed and created by pirate44

Quote Originally Posted by sinton66 View Post
    "Do people use smart phones to do dumb things?" Not nearly as often as Geico runs this stupid commercial!
    very irritating!
    If Everyone would agree with me then we would all be RIGHT!

All-American

Well it was funny the first couple of thousand times then it got annoying.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

I also don't like the AT&T commercials where they show preference for one child over the other, and the one where the wife says she should have followed her mother's advice and married John Clark after her husband went with with an unlimited plan on their cell phones. Those commercials irk me, and sends the wrong message.
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy View Post
    I also don't like the AT&T commercials where they show preference for one child over the other, and the one where the wife says she should have followed her mother's advice and married John Clark after her husband went with with an unlimited plan on their cell phones. Those commercials irk me, and sends the wrong message.
    I agree. Commercials these days seem to portray men as bumbling idiots whose wives have all of the "sense" in the family. I don't care much for those either.

Designed and created by pirate44

Blog Entries

I agree. Commercials these days seem to portray men as bumbling idiots whose wives have all of the "sense" in the family. I don't care much for those either.

I have stated this on numerous different occasions on this forum. I stated once that the middle aged white male was primarily the one made to look like a complete idiot. I was ridiculed pretty intensly by a lot of people. Almost all sitcoms these days have the white males as idiots that are dominated by much hotter wives who are portrayed as too hot for their idiot husbands. The husbands beg for sex, beg for permission to do things or go places and essentually are shown as completly incapable of doing any kind of domestic work or taking care of themselves. It seems to me the minority husbands are portrayed as being more hip and in charge and better role models for the family. I just figured I was too sensitive about the subject because I have worked very hard in my life to be domestical capable and not be dependent on a spouse. I also hate more than i can explain how they portray men as big babies when they get sick. I have never met a man who acts like most women claim men act when they are sick yet the steriotype exits. In my house my wife gets angry with me when I'm sick because I won't allow her to take care of me. I don't want to talk or cuddle or have her checking my temperature every 5 mins. I just want to be left alone. That makes her mad!

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

Commercials these days seem to portray men as bumbling idiots whose wives have all of the "sense" in the family.
    And.....your point????
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy View Post
    What about the insurance commercial (Geico?) where the parents eat their daughter's fish because they can no longer afford sushi?? (That one made me laugh!!)

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Mom View Post
    What about the insurance commercial (Geico?) where the parents eat their daughter's fish because they can no longer afford sushi?? (That one made me laugh!!)
    That goldfish had to be pretty big.

All-American

Your just mad you don't have a brostache
    **<Current Month> Hot Girl of the Month**

The McDonalds commercial where the woman is griping about her brother-in-law stating that "Sundays are for football only" and her BF replies "he's a jerk. Drives me up a wall......
    The Trashman