Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yoakum

6 35.29%
  • Gonzales

11 64.71%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Yoakum @ Gonzales

District starts Friday in Gonzales. Gonzales enters the contest with a 4-0 record. Yoakum (3-1) will try to hand the Apaches their first loss. Road to the playoffs starts NOW!! Who you got?

Of course I'll take Yoakum (3-1) here. Will it be easy. HELL NO. Gonzales is for real and enter riding a impressive 4-0 mark. Plus, it's at Apache Field. Yikes!!!! Great fans, and a great football savvy town.

Gonzales has a great coaching staff, studs at skill positions and one of the best LB'ers in the state in Lock. No easy task at all.

But, Yoakum will get a few players back that were out against Edna. Yoakum get's stronger as the game goes on. Once again, I think our offense (who is improving weekly) will do just enough to win. The OSB defense will have to fly to the ball again. GZ is just as fast as Edna, so---8 to the ball at the tackle will be required. This relentless "D" is enjoying causing TO's. They bend at times, but don't break often.

Yes, we will be outsized. But, we know that every game and this group motivates off that and makes up for it.

GZ's players, like ours---has the first ever CYFL'ers now as seniors and juniors and know one another very well. Once again, the team with least amount of mistakes will nip this one in the 4th. Yoakum knows it's vital to win this key district opening matchup. Prior success means nothing to the boys, and have already begun gearing for the business trip over to Gonzales. House will be rocking for sure. I see this one as the R4, Game of the Week.

Yoakum remembers last year drumming at home and will take it late. They are buying into the OSB method and knows it must follow it to the T. It will be followed. Apaches have our respect and full attention for sure.

Yoakum 24
    Gonzales 20
    Last edited by YTBulldogs; 09-17-2011 at 01:33 PM.
    YnoT us?

All-District

Wow, this should be a very exciting game. Seen them Apaches last night, and they are solid. Have some weaknesses, sure. But, their strong points cover those up.

I'll have to wait and ponder this one a while before picking. Yoakum seems to thrive on being counted out and not given a chance. While Gonzales proved to us all, the 4-0 isn't a fluke. Sweet matchup for sure.

Practice Squad

Senior leadership on the Tribe makes the difference here. Apaches will go 5-0 this week. I am curious to hear what some Cards fans think. By the Yoakum-Columbus score, it looks like they barely slid by them and Apaches had an easier time. I know other factors come into play but the numbers look convincing. Guess it will come down to which team wants it more and the Tribe looks to want it badly. This is a very tough district and I just don't think the Apaches will be giving up a loss this early in the game. Way too many quality athletes for that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by fire_it_up View Post
    Senior leadership on the Tribe makes the difference here. Apaches will go 5-0 this week. I am curious to hear what some Cards fans think. By the Yoakum-Columbus score, it looks like they barely slid by them and Apaches had an easier time. I know other factors come into play but the numbers look convincing. Guess it will come down to which team wants it more and the Tribe looks to want it badly. This is a very tough district and I just don't think the Apaches will be giving up a loss this early in the game. Way too many quality athletes for that to happen.
    Yeah, we don't stand a chance. Ya'll have too much talent. We might not even show up. Not sure we have any seniors either.
    Last edited by YTBulldogs; 09-17-2011 at 03:32 PM.
    YnoT us?

Practice Squad

Quote Originally Posted by YTBulldogs View Post
    Yeah, we don't stand a chance. Ya'll have too much talent. We might not even show up.
    Struck a nerve.....thought everyone was entitled to their own opinions on an opinion board. Shocking, you think your team will win and I think my team will win. I didn't know this was a thread for people that only think Yoakum will win? Maybe we should retitle it? You're right about one thing though...you will have your hands full.

Quote Originally Posted by fire_it_up View Post
    Struck a nerve.....thought everyone was entitled to their own opinions on an opinion board. Shocking, you think your team will win and I think my team will win. I didn't know this was a thread for people that only think Yoakum will win? Maybe we should retitle it? You're right about one thing though...you will have your hands full.

By all means you can speak what ya want. That's what 3ADL is for. This game will be decided during this week preparation and then executed on Friday. Not many have picked us to win a game this year, so it's not a Yoakum board. LOL.

It will be a battle. We're little, but---relentless. GZ is loaded with talent for sure. Known those kids for several years over there. That All State LB'er is probably averaging 20 tackles a game by now. He's a beast.
    YnoT us?

Been watching some video/utubes on him. Warpath, has your son committed yet? If not, hope he's a Longhorn. We need something like that in Austin

Gotta plug my good friend Clack over their in GZ too. Congrats, your son is amazing. Seems like yesterday, we were coaching them in the CYFL league. Good kid, chip off the old block I see.
    Last edited by YTBulldogs; 09-18-2011 at 12:17 PM.
    YnoT us?

All-American

This game may be close for a half however Gonzales will wear Yoakum down in the second half, take Gonzales by 2 or 3 Td's.

We hold onto the ball, unlike last year and last week, we'll be there when it counts. Bulldogs are +8 in turnover margin. Amazing what can happen when you hold onto it, and take it away in football.
    YnoT us?

I think we will be back to typical Gonzales/Yoakum football this year. I don't think it has ever mattered much over the years who really had the "better" athletes, seems like this one always has come down to heart and who wanted it more. I think Gonzales is showing that they definitely are real and these kids seem to be the more of the blue collar type, just get the job done without a lot of showboating and mouth. I know the Yoakum community will have a great following and I am looking forward to another great game. I'll have to take my Apaches in a very close one.

Quote Originally Posted by apache78 View Post
    I think we will be back to typical Gonzales/Yoakum football this year. I don't think it has ever mattered much over the years who really had the "better" athletes, seems like this one always has come down to heart and who wanted it more. I think Gonzales is showing that they definitely are real and these kids seem to be the more of the blue collar type, just get the job done without a lot of showboating and mouth. I know the Yoakum community will have a great following and I am looking forward to another great game. I'll have to take my Apaches in a very close one.
    We'll said. Hope to be crowned homecoming king for a third straight week. Go Dogs!!!!
    YnoT us?

Perfect weather forecasted.
    No rain, light NE breeze.

Kickoff temp mid 70's.
    YnoT us?

Junior Varsity

was wondering if Yoakum's Hernandez is still out?

Quote Originally Posted by underware View Post
    was wondering if Yoakum's Hernandez is still out?
    Not sure he's been out this year. He played great this past Friday. It's all hand's on deck for the most part, for this one.
    YnoT us?