Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    *** Ejected Player ***

Post How 'bout them CALDWELL HORNETS? Smithville gets negative yards

The Swarm defense really stuck it to Smithville on Friday in a 36-0 shellacking. Best team from a balanced offense and defense perspective out of Caldwell in a LONG, LONG time. Smithville is a below average team despite being senior-heavy, but the Orange Crush limited the Tigers to minus 35 yards rushing offense and 58 yards total offense on the night, a real achievement especially with subs in the fourth quarter. Running back Brian Gilbert is all-state material (180 yards offense and five TD's and numerous sacks defensively).
    New assistant coaches have helped turn the team around, but can they remain focused with four tough games in a row? We'll see. Giddings is a bit down, but Cameron is always strong, Rockdale will be an even test and well, Marlin, I have doubts but if the Hornets play aggressively like Friday, bring Gatesville on! Go for it, you guys....

mindy

Talking

the bad thing is caldwell hasn't played a team that will even be close to the playoffs, smithville couldn't beat the worst 6man school,

spaniard

oh happy day, caldwell beat smithville who has been romped by llano (50-6) and blanked by liberty hill (28-0), of which are two teams that really arent that good, both have played small weak 3a teams and 2a teams. so i guess be proud yall won, but notice that its not really an accomplishment to beat smithville.

ice78621

isn't that sad that caldwell gets happy to beat one of the worst 3a football teams.

*** Ejected Player ***

Sounds like some serious cases of sour grapes. Any time your team has 25 underclassmen and you STILL manage a shutout with reserves, that's pretty good. Elgin, WHICH SHOULD HAVE BEEN 4A four years ago, just can't win the big one (0-42 to Gatesville ring a bell?) and I wish you the absolute worst. Whatever you do, nurse your refs to health before your games with La Grange and Giddings. Wouldn't want to risk losing your ace in the hole, would you? :-)
    And beat a HEALTHY Bellville team and then brag.
    Make sure when Rockdale beats Smithville next week, you belittle them as well!
    As for Burnet, who I've foolishly defended on this site from day one, I wouldn't take Liberty Hill too lightly if I were you. And if Caldwell beat Smithville with six sophomores by 36 (and killed the clock on their 12 yard line) and Llano, a STRONG team, beat them by 44 with starters, it's still a good sign.
    No matter how you slice it, limiting an opponent to negative yardage (only 10 of 21 Smithville plays in the first half were for 1-4 yards with our starters), it's impressive.
    If you ask me, all this bad-mouthing of Caldwell is a product of my bringing out the skeletons in your closets....... Tough beanie weanies!

*** Ejected Player ***

.... and as for you, Miss Mindy, I wouldn't exactly say that our road win over Madisonville didn't foil experts. Madisonville is a playoff-caliber team so do your homework from years past and then claim to be Miss Schoolboy Football USA

ice78621

hey (go orange) so what's your excuse for last years homecoming was it the refs, that's pathetic ur talking crap to a team that beat yall on homecoming last year, and has 17 starters back.

Junior Varsity

Hey ice that was last years team not this year quit bringing up last year this is this year.

[This message has been edited by BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86 (edited September 22, 2002).]

ice78621

hey i hope yall actually make it to the playoffs so we can see who is the better team.

*** Ejected Player ***

Actually, I hope we do make the playoffs and meet you Elgin losers. You lost to Rockdale, for God's sake, and beat Gonzales by 2. Gonzales is not THAT fabulous. Oh, and in case you didn't read, Rockdale lost to Taylor by 29! Why did you win last year? Because we had a 2-8 football team with weak seniors. We were horribe, you moron! Wake up, it's 2002! Ding dong!

ice78621

who do yall play this week.

*** Ejected Player ***

Our schedule is as follows: Snook, Tunis, Page, McDade, Kickypoo, Dime Box, Hix and Deanville. Satisfied?

Junior Varsity

Caldwell is open plays Giddings next

ice78621

hey look yall beat giddings in two weeks i'll give yall all the respect yall want.

The only starter out was #11 MLB. Quit making excuses.
    Originally posted by GoOrange:
    Sounds like some serious cases of sour grapes. Any time your team has 25 underclassmen and you STILL manage a shutout with reserves, that's pretty good. Elgin, WHICH SHOULD HAVE BEEN 4A four years ago, just can't win the big one (0-42 to Gatesville ring a bell?) and I wish you the absolute worst. Whatever you do, nurse your refs to health before your games with La Grange and Giddings. Wouldn't want to risk losing your ace in the hole, would you? :-)
    And beat a HEALTHY Bellville team and then brag.
    Make sure when Rockdale beats Smithville next week, you belittle them as well!
    As for Burnet, who I've foolishly defended on this site from day one, I wouldn't take Liberty Hill too lightly if I were you. And if Caldwell beat Smithville with six sophomores by 36 (and killed the clock on their 12 yard line) and Llano, a STRONG team, beat them by 44 with starters, it's still a good sign.
    No matter how you slice it, limiting an opponent to negative yardage (only 10 of 21 Smithville plays in the first half were for 1-4 yards with our starters), it's impressive.
    If you ask me, all this bad-mouthing of Caldwell is a product of my bringing out the skeletons in your closets....... Tough beanie weanies!