Blog Entries

Default Audio Books/E-Books

I have recently started really getting into audio books for my Iphone. I drive a lot in my job and audio books seem to be the perfect way to "read". but i do miss the act of actually reading my favorite books. I use to read in bed a couple of hours every night before going to sleep but perhaps because I am getting old I find that I can't stay awake to read. Do any of you use the electronic readers like the Kindle and do these help with keeping you from falling asleep?

Quote Originally Posted by Farmersfan View Post
    I have recently started really getting into audio books for my Iphone. I drive a lot in my job and audio books seem to be the perfect way to "read". but i do miss the act of actually reading my favorite books. I use to read in bed a couple of hours every night before going to sleep but perhaps because I am getting old I find that I can't stay awake to read. Do any of you use the electronic readers like the Kindle and do these help with keeping you from falling asleep?
    I have a Nook Color. I don't think it matters if the book is paper or electronic when it comes to how fast you fall asleep while reading. I haven't listened to any audio books, but have always thought it would be great having Patrick Stewart, or someone with an equally soothing voice, read to me.

I have a kindle. It seems to make me just as drowsy as a book.