Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Health Insurance Cost

Hi
    Since my wife was laid off her job at the Fort Bend ISD-She had to get COBRA Health Insurance

That's what persons get if they get laid off

We were paying around $700 for United Health Care
    Now we will be paying almost $1,000 a month using COBRA
    I forgot what our dedutible will be but the co-pay to see a doctor is $35

Does anyone have good health insurance (for a couple) for around $800-$900

Thanks for any imput

there is not many out there. Its part of the reason we need a public option. I heard that one guy robbed a bank for $1 in order to get arested and thrown back in jail so he could have health care. the guy had a mass in his chest the doctors would not treat because he had no coverage.
    TO ALL MY LOVE SLAVES OUT THERE.. BLACK MAGIC IS HERE.. IN THE FLESH BABY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Magic View Post
    there is not many out there. Its part of the reason we need a public option. I heard that one guy robbed a bank for $1 in order to get arested and thrown back in jail so he could have health care. the guy had a mass in his chest the doctors would not treat because he had no coverage.
    I heard about that...that's crazy and really sad!! We have insurance through my husband's employer and they pay his and the family policy is $125 a month and has been since before we got married (15 years ago.) Since one of my sons is in school full time and his employer doesn't provide insurance he gets to stay on ours until he turns 26.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Mom View Post
    I heard about that...that's crazy and really sad!! We have insurance through my husband's employer and they pay his and the family policy is $125 a month and has been since before we got married (15 years ago.) Since one of my sons is in school full time and his employer doesn't provide insurance he gets to stay on ours until he turns 26.
    Its nuts that our insurance cost twice (real statistics) as much as any other country ( modern ) like Germany or France but we dont live any longer or as long as those folks. On top of that we have people robbing banks in order to get into jail to save their life??? wow.. Its crazy. I feel bad for these folks. we live in the richest country in the world and our people should not have to commit crimes to stay alive. I have no problem with my insurance going up $20 to $50 a month if it means that this problem goes away. Heck costs are going up all the time anyway so why not get everyone covered? Its crazy isnt it.

All-American

Its because pharmaceutical companies make poeple believe that medicine is the only cure and the pharmaceutical lobbyist don't help either.

Blog Entries

we live in the richest country in the world and our people should not have to commit crimes to stay alive. .

We didn't become the "richest country in the world" by just giving free healthcare to every Tom, Dick and Harry who decides they don't want to work and pay for what they get. But we will soon become the poorest that way!

Quote Originally Posted by Farmersfan View Post
    We didn't become the "richest country in the world" by just giving free healthcare to every Tom, Dick and Harry who decides they don't want to work and pay for what they get. But we will soon become the poorest that way!

100%

BEAST
    Dont start none, wont be none!

I know for a fact that many cant get health care even if they could afford it and thats just the way some want it . the insurance lobby and the drug company lobby have bought the politicians to keep the money flowing. Its why health care here is double the cost of every other modern country. all that and we dont even live any longer or as long as the rest of them.. access Basic healthcare should be a basic fundimental right in this country. you should not have to rob a bank for $1 to get thrown in jail in order to save your life or get treated for cancer..

I hear you FarmersFan!

I'd be happy with $900 for the two of us.......... that's with a $5,000 deductible.. don't get me started on health care - we have had to dip into our shrinking savings to pay the deductible on husband's surgery this summer while low-lifes' who don't work and continue to pop out baby after baby - get FREE medical care - it sucks - the system is BROKE (noun and verb) I don't know the answer but it needs to be fixed!!!!!!!

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

My wife and I have a lot of pre-exiisting conditions which causes our insurance to be so high

I have Bi-Polar and on several medication. My wife is taking cumidin for blood clot

We are on a bout 8 medications total and we take several doctor visits per month-Had 6 visits alone in June and wife had three

The $1,000 per month for COBRA is killing us.. We have not other alternatives until my wife or I get a job

Quote Originally Posted by 44INAROW View Post
    I hear you FarmersFan!

I'd be happy with $900 for the two of us.......... that's with a $5,000 deductible.. don't get me started on health care - we have had to dip into our shrinking savings to pay the deductible on husband's surgery this summer while low-lifes' who don't work and continue to pop out baby after baby - get FREE medical care - it sucks - the system is BROKE (noun and verb) I don't know the answer but it needs to be fixed!!!!!!!
    You should not have to dip into anything. the insurance companies have lobbied so hard that they have us by the nads... its incredible that you support policies that give them MORE power. AGAIN.. The FACT is that we pay TWICE as much as the other countiries for less coverage ( because not all of us are covered ) and they have everyone covered. AND they are out living us! But some of us are so opposed to any Idea from the other side that will help fix it. Tell me.. what about the health care bill do you not like? what was so bad about it. I hear plenty of gripping but the only thing they say is bad is that it mandates you to have insurance... Heck everyone needs insurance. Just cant get it now.

You should not have to dip into anything. the insurance companies have lobbied so hard that they have us by the nads... its incredible that you support policies that give them MORE power. AGAIN.. The FACT is that we pay TWICE as much as the other countiries for less coverage ( because not all of us are covered ) and they have everyone covered. AND they are out living us! But some of us are so opposed to any Idea from the other side that will help fix it. Tell me.. what about the health care bill do you not like? what was so bad about it. I hear plenty of gripping but the only thing they say is bad is that it mandates you to have insurance... Heck everyone needs insurance. Just cant get it now.
    I was just bitching and moaning - not speaking for or against the Health Care bill - I am against low-life's getting free health care when hard working folks have to dip into savings to have surgery - that's all I am saying.

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

Quote Originally Posted by 44INAROW View Post
    I was just bitching and moaning - not speaking for or against the Health Care bill - I am against low-life's getting free health care when hard working folks have to dip into savings to have surgery - that's all I am saying.
    Oh I hear ya. I bitch all the time too. I think its outragious that we pay so much for insurance now days and on top of that the insurance companies wont cover anyone but healthy folks and drop or decline to cover someone who they think could get sick. Its like a teacher being able to pick and choose who they teach... its nuts and the insurance companies have to be shown they cant do that if they want to do business in this country.

All-American

You remember that bail out a few years back....that was capitalism failing. People need to realize with outsourcing going on now days capitalistic ideas are going to kill our country.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    You remember that bail out a few years back....that was capitalism failing. People need to realize with outsourcing going on now days capitalistic ideas are going to kill our country.
    No it doesn't. Please tell me you are kidding. The "bailout" was in direct response to politicians engineering who should be able to loan money. That kind of "central planning" doesn't work.

Oh I hear ya. I bitch all the time too. I think its outragious that we pay so much for insurance now days and on top of that the insurance companies wont cover anyone but healthy folks and drop or decline to cover someone who they think could get sick. Its like a teacher being able to pick and choose who they teach... its nuts and the insurance companies have to be shown they cant do that if they want to do business in this country.
    Seriously, if we go to a single payer system, who pays for it? Just the rich? No, that can't happen. Money doesn't grow on trees... but wait lines for important medical procedures grow and grow and grow under that type of system.