Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Separate Sports Forums

Ok--I going to wave the flag for separate forums for hs sports, college sports, pro sports, and non-sports.

Now that the board has more options, I think separate forums would keep the thread hijacking down, and sports discussions longer and better resulting in more particpants.

So shoot me--but I figured that now was the time.

Personally, I like the way it is now. You don't have to jump around to different forums as much. I would much prefer to look at one forum, pick a topic to read if it interests me, and respond accordingly.
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy View Post
    Personally, I like the way it is now. You don't have to jump around to different forums as much. I would much prefer to look at one forum, pick a topic to read if it interests me, and respond accordingly.
    I understand, and I certainly respect your preference, but it is getting hard for me, at least, to try to determine who is being serious, and who is not, in the middle of some pretty good sports discussions---and I have certainly done my share of cutting up in the middle of serious threads.

heck no i dont want it to be work to visit this board to see if there is anything I want to read

Quote Originally Posted by Bullaholic View Post
    Ok--I going to wave the flag for separate forums for hs sports, .
    I am with you brother... I won't complain either way but I think I would prefer that

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mwynn05 View Post
    heck no i dont want it to be work to visit this board to see if there is anything I want to read
    this

All-District

I understand, and I certainly respect your preference, but it is getting hard for me, at least, to try to determine who is being serious, and who is not, in the middle of some pretty good sports discussions---and I have certainly done my share of cutting up in the middle of serious threads.
    How is a seperate forum going to change the seriousness of the discussion? You will just have to look in more places to determine the same thing.
    Don't find fault, find a remedy...Henry Ford.

Texas is a huge state with a lot of hs teams in nearly every sport. I just think if the board is going to grow to match our new capabilities and attract some new serious hs sports fans across that vast of a venue, then there has to be some consideration given to more segregation of the forum. I think the great present members of the 3ADL family will still be just as active and personable, but we can offer a little more sophisticated product to future members without losing our close-knit family personality.

All-District

Texas is a huge state with a lot of hs teams in nearly every sport. I just think if the board is going to grow to match our new capabilities and attract some new serious hs sports fans across that vast of a venue, then there has to be some consideration given to more segregation of the forum. I think the great present members of the 3ADL family will still be just as active and personable, but we can offer a little more sophisticated product to future members without losing our close-knit family personality.
    Are you calling us SIMPLE MINDED?

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

the sophisticated product is on the donating members forum

Quote Originally Posted by Old LB View Post
    Are you calling us SIMPLE MINDED?
    No--I'm trying to have a serious discussion...

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    the sophisticated product is on the donating members forum
    Perhaps I need to look into that...

All-District

Raising kids, earning a living, jobs, being the only male in your household, these things are serious. Sports forums, now that should not be soo serious in my opinion. I vote to keep it the same, maybe just have a "serious only thread" option.

There is your first problem. LOL

I would not welcome separate forums and would most likely give up on this place all together.
    I think you need to just go ahead and put those posters that are taking away from your viewing experience on the ignore list. They aren't changing anytime soon.

Ok--I going to wave the flag for separate forums for hs sports, college sports, pro sports, and non-sports.

Now that the board has more options, I think separate forums would keep the thread hijacking down, and sports discussions longer and better resulting in more particpants.

So shoot me--but I figured that now was the time.
    This is the worst idea ever!
    Carthage Bulldogs

2008, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2022

9 X State Football Champs