Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Track

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Track

Anybody got any fast kids besides East Texas? The Bulls (boys) have been taking some 1st's in a few relays at local meets.

Have most regular meets moved to weekdays with only the qualifiers on weekends?

Hey G2---you worked any of the field pits yet this year?

All-American

Default Re: Track

Originally posted by Bullaholic
    Anybody got any fast kids besides East Texas? The Bulls (boys) have been taking some 1st's in a few relays at local meets.

Too bad all Bridgeport would be able to win against those East Texas schools would be throwing events.

None yet. Looks like im an old washed up shot put official. I usually get to work the TCU and North Texas meet but not sure bout this year.

District prelims are this Thur so any tinkering with relays, etc will be slowing down. I am looking forward to seeing how our kids compete.

Cuero (little town in south Texas) had a nice run from 2005 to 2009 at the state track meet. Those were some fast dudes................... I know, track speed doesn't mean football speed but I sure think it's 90% of it

1st - 2005
    1st - 2006
    2nd - 2007 (behind Dallas Madison)
    1st - 2008
    5th - 2009

If I recall, a team from WEST Texas gave Cuero the closet races (back then I know) I think it was Sweetwater and that good team with Skye Green Where is he now?

Good Luck to the Bulls

**disclaimer** I am downloading something at the office and this is the only thread I can access

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

Letterman

Bullholic, you must not get out much.
    Mineral Wells were 6-4A District Champs last year. that was with Aledo, Boswell, Saginaw, Springtown, Azle, Brewer & Birdville.
    The Rams will give you all you can handle and then some at the district meet. We might not fare to well with the field events. However, you will see some speed on the track. Mineral Wells placed 1st at the Brownwood relays in class 3A and finished 3rd at Copperas Cove this past weekend behind 5A Cove and 4A Killeen.

Yea Bull, get with the program

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

Letterman

just an example there bull:

Lorenzo Johnson - Sr. - Mineral Wells
    110m Hurdles...13.84
    5th fastest in the United States 2011

Default Re: Re: Track

Originally posted by 44INAROW

If I recall, a team from WEST Texas gave Cuero the closet races (back then I know) I think it was Sweetwater and that good team with Skye Green

Yes ma'am. Probably the fastest group of kids we've ever had come through. Skye made up
    a lot of ground as the anchor on the relays. Unfortunately the injury to Michael Williams at
    regionals was too much to overcome.

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

We should take the top 3 spots in the 800 (boys), top spot in the 800 (girls), 1st or 2nd in some hurdles, girls relays, high jump (1st - boys and girls) and some other stuff (boys & girls).

We have 7 kids going to Texas Relays this week. (4x800 boys relay, 800m girls, boys & girls high jump)
    Quick side! Strong side! Crank up the Machine!

Exparentnator

Default Track

Kennedale!!!!

Originally posted by mwrams

110m Hurdles...13.84

All-American

Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
    We should take the top 3 spots in the 800 (boys), top spot in the 800 (girls), 1st or 2nd in some hurdles, girls relays, high jump (1st - boys and girls) and some other stuff (boys & girls).

We have 7 kids going to Texas Relays this week. (4x800 boys relay, 800m girls, boys & girls high jump)
    saw those 800 m boys run at Burnet............they made it look easy.

Originally posted by garciap77

Garcia I got to watch that boy with my own eyes. He can flat fly over those hurdles. 3 stepping machine.

BEAST
    Dont start none, wont be none!

Originally posted by mwrams

110m Hurdles...13.84
    dang, that's smoking.. almost a second faster than last year.. does he does run anything else?