Thread: Disney World

Default Disney World

Next week I have some training in Orlando, so my wife and daughter are going to tag along and go to Disney World while I work. Other than booking hotel and plane, I have done nothing else.

Any idea on tickets/deals for Disney World, food, travel etc.....
    We have never been and have no idea really what to expect.

Default Re: Disney World

Originally posted by RoyceTTU
    Next week I have some training in Orlando, so my wife and daughter are going to tag along and go to Disney World while I work. Other than booking hotel and plane, I have done nothing else.

Its the happiest place on Earth! I hope you opted to stay on property; the perks are wonderful. How old is your daugher? If she's young, The Magic Kingdom park will probably be her favorite. If she's older, the other parks (Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studies) will probably be more to her liking. As for dining, the Italian and Canadian restaurants at Epcot's World Showcase are both fabulous, though pretty pricey.

Saggy Aggie

I went during Christmas break. worst mistake ever.

Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
    Indeed it probably was.
    Cameron Yoemen - BACK-TO-BACK-TO-BACK State Champions

Default Re: Disney World

Originally posted by RoyceTTU

I went to Hollywood Studios, Magic Kingdom, and Epcot while I was there. I enjoyed HS and the Kingdom more but maybe that is because Epcot was on the last day.

It really depends on how many days you will go to the parks. If you plan one day they will be 74/82 per ticket(people over 9). The more days you do the cheaper the price. You will be able to go to 1 park per day which is usually good enough. Ticket Prices

As far as good goes inside the park...its expensive....but not as expensive as an Astros game. I would recommend you eat breakfast before you go, eat lunch at the park, and then leave and eat supper. Food Prices Inside the Parks

Not sure what your looking to do as for travel while in Orlando.
    Last edited by Yoe_09; 01-31-2011 at 11:41 PM.
    Cameron Yoemen - BACK-TO-BACK-TO-BACK State Champions

Starter

Been with the family 4 times. Went on the Disney cruise. Best money I ever spent. Make sure you slow down and do not try to see it all. The first time we went had to hurry and go to next place. Wanted to see it all. Just plan on going back.

Originally posted by cr180t
    Been with the family 4 times. Went on the Disney cruise. Best money I ever spent. Make sure you slow down and do not try to see it all. The first time we went had to hurry and go to next place. Wanted to see it all. Just plan on going back.
    good advise..1st time we went - we tried to do it all in 3 days.. in the middle of the summer - it's just to hard to do that.. way too hot and humid. We did spend ALOT of time at Blizzard Beach (water park) Now - my middle son lives 30 miles from the parks.. we go out there every summer to see him and we keep saying we're going to go back to Disney and/or Universal and never do.. maybe this summer.. Oh, one thing we did was buy the "extra pass" or whatever you call it - where when they close the park at 10pm - we could stay until 2AM and we got to ride the rides with no waiting.. That was fun Of course, I was totally exhausted for the next day but it was worth it..

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

Originally posted by 44INAROW
    good advise..1st time we went - we tried to do it all in 3 days.. in the middle of the summer - it's just to hard to do that.. way too hot and humid. We did spend ALOT of time at Blizzard Beach (water park) Now - my middle son lives 30 miles from the parks.. we go out there every summer to see him and we keep saying we're going to go back to Disney and/or Universal and never do.. maybe this summer.. Oh, one thing we did was buy the "extra pass" or whatever you call it - where when they close the park at 10pm - we could stay until 2AM and we got to ride the rides with no waiting.. That was fun Of course, I was totally exhausted for the next day but it was worth it..
    Extra-Magic hours! Its included in the price if you stay on property at Disney. That plus the free transportation made things really great. We stayed for 8 days and 7 nights and still didn't get to see everything!

All-American

Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
    Did you get groped Saggy or are you just mad that you weren't allowed to?

Originally posted by SintonFan
    Did you get groped Saggy or are you just mad that you weren't allowed to?