Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blackcat1954

Default My 30-Day Notice

my supervisor and publisher just gave me a 30-day notice to improve my job performance here at the newspaper.

Going on 2 years in Bay City and they are not happy with how I'm doing. They presented me with a letter, citing my weaknesses and my mistakes as a Sport Editor.

To me that's almost like telling me that they don't want me here anymore.

They said they have given me several chances to improve my writing and production,

I was at the Wharton Journal-Spectator for almost 25 years where I received a few reprimands.

Didn't know that you have to be a Mr Perfect to keep a job. Everybody makes mistakes

Anyway I probably won't have a job in a month seems like. I'll probably get out of the newspaper business. 27 years has been long enough.

Need to try something new but I have no idea what.

Wow! I'm sorry to hear that!! Although, it seems from some of your previous posts that you aren't really happy with that job anyway!

Maybe this will be the time in your life that you will find something that is exactly what you love to do!! That is my prayer for you!!

Good luck!!!!

I may be in the soup line too if things don't pick up. Good luck!

Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Wow! I'm sorry to hear that!! Although, it seems from some of your previous posts that you aren't really happy with that job anyway!

Maybe this will be the time in your life that you will find something that is exactly what you love to do!! That is my prayer for you!!

Good luck!!!!

You will land on your feet BC. Hang in there. Everything happens for a reason!!!

All-District

You should find something else and leave in about two weeks, beat'em to the punch.

All-State

Originally posted by Old LB
    You should find something else and leave in about two weeks, beat'em to the punch.
    I think tthat's a good move. If you can find something. Remember God has a plan for all of us. He says to prosper us. Sometime..heck most times...what we think is terrible turns into the best thimg that ever happened to us. Good luck
    GO SH PANTHERS

All-State

Originally posted by bobcat1
    I may be in the soup line too if things don't pick up. Good luck!
    You have niine lives. you will be fine. Great even.
    GO SH PANTHERS

All-American

Originally posted by Old LB
    Unfortunately I agree. When they start what they are doing that is a good sign to get another job as soon as possible.
    I had two friends at governmental appointed jobs and one official who was going to take office told him he wasn't doing all he was supposed to do which involved needing more staff which they wouldn't provide. He said he would give him six months. Within a month he found another job and it took them that long to find someone who would take the job. Another friend was told the same thing and he didn't see the writing on the wall and eventually was dismissed. Fortunately he found an even better job but he would have been better off finding it sooner rather than trying to work things out.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

Antec

Thanks for the suggestions

It may be hard to find another sports writing job in the area at a newspaper that's close with 30 minutes

Maybe can try the Sealy newspaper which comes out twice a week

I've been writing for newspapers since 1985-Had meaningless jobs before that.

Originally posted by Antec
    Thanks for the suggestions

It may be hard to find another sports writing job in the area at a newspaper that's close with 30 minutes

Maybe can try the Sealy newspaper which comes out twice a week

I've been writing for newspapers since 1985-Had meaningless jobs before that.
    I'm confused! Are you Blackcat1954 also??

I'm confused! Are you Blackcat1954 also??
    I caught that yesterday too.

Blackcat1954

im Blackcat at work and Antec at home
    forgot my password to use the same username here at work and signed up as Blackcat when I started at Bay City almost 2 years ago.
    Sorry to confuse everyone
    Im one in the same

Originally posted by Blackcat1954
    im Blackcat at work and Antec at home
    forgot my password to use the same username here at work and signed up as Blackcat when I started at Bay City almost 2 years ago.
    Sorry to confuse everyone
    Im one in the same
    I'm pretty sure that is illegal and you should be punished!!

Originally posted by ccmom
    I'm pretty sure that is illegal and you should be punished!!

We will have to punish Phil C and PhiI C too!!

We will have to punish Phil C and PhiI C too!!
    they are the same????

that was pretty tricky by the ol Godfather.