Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Major brownie points

Mrs. Squared went home sick from work today. Being the master of romance that I am, ordered flowers to be delivered to her today. Man, this is gonna buy me ATLEAST one trip to Lowry's Prime Rib with the boys and beers at Two Rows afterwards!

That is so thoughtful. I know my wife likes to be alone when she is sick too. I will remember this sage advice.

I have to agree - I like to be totally left alone when I am sick.. now, I do want someone else to make the run to the store for stuff but other than that - solitude for me as long as the TV/DirectTV is working and there is food in the house, I am cool............Oh, The flowers are a nice touch

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

Default Re: Major brownie points

Originally posted by Gsquared
    Mrs. Squared went home sick from work today. Being the master of romance that I am, ordered flowers to be delivered to her today. Man, this is gonna buy me ATLEAST one trip to Lowry's Prime Rib with the boys and beers at Two Rows afterwards!
    Paid that neighborhood kid $2 to steal a bunch of your other neighbor's pansies, ring your doorbell, and lay em' on the porch again, G2?

Default Re: Major brownie points

SO in other words, you made her get up and answer the door when she was sick and probably asleep and also probably not looking her best. NICE JOB.

I bet she liked them anyway
    If Everyone would agree with me then we would all be RIGHT!

That is very sweet.

When I got married, I told my husband not to send me flowers anymore. They were a sweet gesture when we were dating and it was HIS money, but now that it's OUR money, I think it's a waste!

Default Re: Re: Major brownie points

Originally posted by GrTigers6
    SO in other words, you made her get up and answer the door when she was sick and probably asleep and also probably not looking her best. NICE JOB.

I bet she liked them anyway
    Here's hoping she wasn't dealing with allergies as the reason she went home....

Second thought, it would have been cheaper for me to just stop by the cemetary on the way home. They give them away free there.

All-District

Originally posted by ccmom
    That is very sweet.

When I got married, I told my husband not to send me flowers anymore. They were a sweet gesture when we were dating and it was HIS money, but now that it's OUR money, I think it's a waste!
    On another thread earlier I posed the question, what is truth, really.

I have found it.

All-State

That is very sweet.

Girl...great minds run in the same channels. My feeligs exactly.
    GO SH PANTHERS

Second thought, it would have been cheaper for me to just stop by the cemetary on the way home. They give them away free there.
    They are free as long as you don't get caught.

Originally posted by lulu
    Girl...great minds run in the same channels. My feeligs exactly.
    I didn't even want them when we were dating!!

Everyone who knows me knows NOT to send me flowers that are just going to shrivel up and die!!

At least give me a potted plant that I can kill myself!!!!

That is very sweet.

Hahaha....same here.

My idea of splurging is occassionally buying a $5.00 bouquet from Walmart and putting it in a vase, plus I have learned which flowers last the longest and buy those. I don't know about y'all, but the fact that I only paid $5.00 for them seems to make me as happy as the flowers do.

Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
    Hahaha....same here.

My idea of splurging is occassionally buying a $5.00 bouquet from Walmart and putting it in a vase, plus I have learned which flowers last the longest and buy those. I don't know about y'all, but the fact that I only paid $5.00 for them seems to make me as happy as the flowers do.
    If I can just get them to grow in my flowerbed, then I am as happy as I can be!!!

Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    If I can just get them to grow in my flowerbed, then I am as happy as I can be!!!
    I like to plant things in my garden area (flower beds) but for some strange reason I always end up with a variety of different plants, most of which, don't flower. I might need to work on that this spring.