Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Antec

Default Any Ambien CR Takers?

Does anyone out there take Ambien CR to help you sleep?

I've been taking it for almost two years which is really too long already

Take 2 12.5Mg-I fall asleep pretty fast but wake up at 3 in the morning then I can't go back to sleep.

Trying to take it later tonight instead of 9 p.m. so maybe I can sleep later.

Hear they are addictive and I really need to quit but i have terribe case of insomnia

Sounds to me like you have stress-induced sleep deprivation syndrome. Is there something in your life that is causing undue stress? There was a time in my life where I dreaded going to bed because I knew I would have trouble falling asleep. That sounds like what you have --- a fear of lack of sleep, often caused by stress in your life, or simply put -- anxiety. It also sounds like you may have built up a tolerance to Ambien CR if it's not working like it's supposed to. It's time to get your doctor to change your medication. I suggest that he give you something along the lines of diazapam (valium) 10mg to not only let you rest, but to treat the anxiety that you are experiencing. Some doctors are reluctant to give out this type of medicine, but you are dependent on Ambien CR already and need to get off that medication. You will likely have to ask him for it, or something stronger than what you are already taking, but if you have a good relationship with your doctor and can talk to him he shouldn't have a problem with it. If he does, find another doctor and have a talk with him and explain what's going on. I've seen people have to go to three or four doctors seeking the right doctor that'll help you. Good luck, and I'll definitely say a prayer for you.
    Last edited by waterboy; 01-11-2011 at 10:14 AM.
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

I take it and haven't had any issues with waking in the middle of the night. I DO however have episodes of "amnesia" (for lack of a better word) in which I will have said or done something an hour or so after I took the medication and I will have zero memory of it! Sometimes I will remember if someone brings it up, but sometimes I can't remember at all!!

A neighbor of ours is a physician and he took it once and ended up driving through the front doors of a convenience store a couple of hours later and he never remembered getting behind the wheel. Thankfully no one was hurt and he never took it again.

I have learned to take it and go straight to bed! Keeps me out of trouble!!

All-American

My old man takes it. I always tell him if he hasn't heard from me and he takes it that night to call me so I know not to call him once it hits him. Makes him crazy and he never remembers any of it. But it helps him sleep.
    When I hear someone say "Im not book smart, Im street smart"; what I really hear is "Im not real smart, Im pretend smart".

What ever happened to a good ole "romp in the hay"....knocks me out every time!!

Best natural sedative EVER!!!

Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    What ever happened to a good ole "romp in the hay"....knocks me out every time!!

you go girl..............

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

Blog Entries

Woo Pig Sooie!

Letterman

NOW THATS WHAT I AM TALKIN ABOUT!!!! YEE HAW

If done correctly with great conclusions.

Bragger!!

All-American

HELL to the YEAH!! Where can I get a perscription for that?
    When I hear someone say "Im not book smart, Im street smart"; what I really hear is "Im not real smart, Im pretend smart".

Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
    HELL to the YEAH!! Where can I get a perscription for that?
    It's free and plentiful where I live!!

All-American

Doesn't help me much, now does it?

Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
    Doesn't help me much, now does it?
    I certainly hope not!!

dang girlfriend - sounds like life has been treating you good lately.. so refreshing to hear a happy marriage

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?