Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Riley Dodge leaving UNT

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/colle...ng-north-texas

Interesting that he wasn't the QB at the beginning of last season because his father had determined that his arm injury had ended his QB career, but now he wants to go elsewhere to play QB in a passing-first offense.

All-American

Can't read it here. Where's he goin'?
    When I hear someone say "Im not book smart, Im street smart"; what I really hear is "Im not real smart, Im pretend smart".

"The list of schools he is considering includes Stephen F. Austin, McNeese State, Southwestern Louisiana, James Madison, Missouri State, Villanova and Delaware. "

Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
    Can't read it here. Where's he goin'?
    Dodge, who has two seasons of eligibility remaining, plans to go to Football Subdivision Championship program with a passing offense. The list of schools he is considering includes Stephen F. Austin, McNeese State, Southwestern Louisiana, James Madison, Missouri State, Villanova and Delaware.

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

The list of schools he is considering includes Stephen F. Austin, McNeese State, Southwestern Louisiana, James Madison, Missouri State, Villanova and Delaware.

He should add Sam Houston State to his list. We have done a good job with QB's leaving bigger school's.

Dustin Long - A&M
    Rhett Bomar - Oklahoma
    Once a Bulldog, Always a Bulldog

Sweeny All Time Record 514-305-28

GATA - A Sweeny Tradition Since 1980

1944, 45, 46, 47, 48, 60, 61, 66, 67, 82, 83, 84, 86, 88, 89, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 2000, 01, 05, 06, 08, 09, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21

I don't know the kid personally, but I heard first hand from one UNT player that Riley is tough to deal with. Best way to describe him was "pre-modonna".

Sounded like he got his run of the campus with Dad their. Now having said that, this kid is a stud and it will be interesting to see how good he is away from dad.

All-American

Originally posted by RoyceTTU
    "pre-modonna".
    Prima donna
    When I hear someone say "Im not book smart, Im street smart"; what I really hear is "Im not real smart, Im pretend smart".

I don't know the kid personally, but I heard first hand from one UNT player that Riley is tough to deal with. Best way to describe him was "pre-modonna".

Sounded like he got his run of the campus with Dad their. Now having said that, this kid is a stud and it will be interesting to see how good he is away from dad.
    You are kidding aren't you?? You know that it is "Prima Donna"....right??

Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    You are kidding aren't you?? You know that it is "Prima Donna"....right??
    Actually NO, I didn't but didn't thought it would be more appropriate to write this instead of #$%@-Head like I actually heard.

I left my dictionary and thesaraus at the house this AM

Actually NO, I didn't but didn't thought it would be more appropriate to write this instead of #$%@-Head like I actually heard.

I have been declared by my buddy Sweetwater Red as the worst speller on the board and I really can't deny that being the honest truth. If it makes you feel better I did not even notice you had written it wrong until they called you out. I just want to know if I can use your response the next time someone makes fun of my spelling... I promise to give you credit for it!

lol not sure why that made me laugh, but it did... by the way - where is his dad now?

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

Originally posted by 44INAROW
    lol not sure why that made me laugh, but it did... by the way - where is his dad now?
    I havn't heard where he landed. I figure he would of taken a HS position by now, since all the SC games are over. That makes me think maybe he is in the running for some type of positions coach at UT or another texas university.

Many colleges don't like to announce the hires until after the bowls are done. Some could care less though.

But who knows, like I said, the person I talked to wasn't very fond of the dodge family.

Originally posted by Looking4number8

I have been declared by my buddy Sweetwater Red as the worst speller on the board and I really can't deny that being the honest truth. If it makes you feel better I did not even notice you had written it wrong until they called you out. I just want to know if I can use your response the next time someone makes fun of my spelling... I promise to give you credit for it!
    Go for it

All-American

From what I know of him, Riley's a top notch kid. He's super competitive, which I could see rubbing a few folks the wrong way.
    Coach Dodge is entertaining a few college jobs. He's really not interested in any HS positions, but don't completely rule it out.

I just thought it was funny....when I read "pre-modonna"....I immediately thought of Madonna!!

So I am guessing that "pre-modonna" would have been around 1980 and before?