Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HS Football

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default HS Football

Should HS football coaches have that little red flag in their pocket? The right to a review? Maybe playoffs only? Thoughts?

BEAST
    Dont start none, wont be none!

Wow! Really?

Playoffs? Yes!!
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

Letterman

Before anyone starts thinking seriously about instant replay in Texas HS football there needs to be a move to officiating crews of 7 persons. Also, IR does nt guarantee there will be no mistakes. I can show you video after video wherein IR was unable to correct an error or refused to do so.

There are lots of things we can do to improve officiating, especially in the playoffs without IR

If it cant be done in the regular season it should not IMO be done in the play offs..that would just be on thing added to the coaches during an already stressful time..plus you then would make it where only stadiums with TRUE replay capabilities could be used.
    Sideline To Sideline Show Each Week at https://lonestargridiron.com/categor...-to-sideline//

Originally posted by
    If it cant be done in the regular season it should not IMO be done in the play offs..that would just be on thing added to the coaches during an already stressful time..plus you then would make it where only stadiums with TRUE replay capabilities could be used.
    I respect your opinion Txbroadcaster. I'm not a fan of IR. What do you suggest?

All-American

I am a big fan of IR in college/pro's...but it would never work in HS. If you cant do it during the season, it shouldnt be in the play offs.

Originally posted by Tejastrue
    I respect your opinion Txbroadcaster. I'm not a fan of IR. What do you suggest?
    I like IR..just do not think it is feasable on the HS level
    Sideline To Sideline Show Each Week at https://lonestargridiron.com/categor...-to-sideline//

All-American

What makes it feasable at the pro and NCAA level is that there are officials and coaches in the press box with replay access. They see something funny and call for a replay. Don't have that capability in high school, especially at the smaller programs.
    When I hear someone say "Im not book smart, Im street smart"; what I really hear is "Im not real smart, Im pretend smart".

Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
    What makes it feasable at the pro and NCAA level is that there are officials and coaches in the press box with replay access. They see something funny and call for a replay. Don't have that capability in high school, especially at the smaller programs.
    They also have the hundreds of thousands of dollars it would cost to implement it too.

I wish people thought things through before making a post then getting all defensive over it.

I am sometimes mistaken, but I am never wrong.

People who buys Macs are stupid.

Originally posted by Emerson1
    They also have the hundreds of thousands of dollars it would cost to implement it too.

I wish people thought things through before making a post then getting all defensive over it.
    People think about it. Hell, most all of us are tax payers. We know the cost of instigating such a rule. We are just frustrated with the constant variety of ignoramus calls at the high school level. We are just biting at the bit to make some changes!! Our hands feel tied!! Surely you feel the frustration??

No.

I am sometimes mistaken, but I am never wrong.

People who buys Macs are stupid.

Junior Varsity

No..Bad calls are part of the game on the HS level even if it was put into place that still wouldn't eliminate the Homer calls you get @ some stadiums.

Originally posted by BLEEDZGREEN
    No..Bad calls are part of the game on the HS level even if it was put into place that still wouldn't eliminate the Homer calls you get @ some stadiums.

Originally posted by garciap77

LMAO!!