Default Internet Service?

What kind do all of you have? I live in the country and have resorted the WildBlue satellite internet and it sucks tbh.
    Cameron Yoemen - BACK-TO-BACK-TO-BACK State Champions

Look up skybeam.It is sent on a radio signal, so all you need is a line of sight to a tower. Im not sure where all they are but its much better than wildblue or hughes. we are paying 65 for the same service that hughes wanted 300 for. Our school uses it as well so it definetly works on multiple computers. Hope this helps
    If Everyone would agree with me then we would all be RIGHT!

Blackcat1954

We live way out in the sticks of Hungerford and tried Wild Blue where we got the signal from El Campo.

Browsing internet sites were slow as well as downloading

Now we use a flat plate deal where it gets a radio signal from a tower less than a 1/4 of a mile from us in Hungerford

It's pretty fast and we pay $56 a month which a gold level of service and worth it

Hughesnet- it's ok at best
    Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledgehammer!

I live in the big city of Tyler, pop. a little over 100,000, and I use Suddenlink cable.

I'm on a 10 MB per second rate and pay $45/month.

Buckeye P.R.I.D.E.

Suddenlink cable 20MG $62.00! I'm waiting for the 50MG to come on line. I heard they are testing it in Midland!

Originally posted by GrTigers6
    Look up skybeam.It is sent on a radio signal, so all you need is a line of sight to a tower. Im not sure where all they are but its much better than wildblue or hughes. we are paying 65 for the same service that hughes wanted 300 for. Our school uses it as well so it definetly works on multiple computers. Hope this helps
    Thanks. We will probably look into something like this when our contract is up.
    Cameron Yoemen - BACK-TO-BACK-TO-BACK State Champions

All-State

We use a Verizon USB760 modem like you normally use on a laptop. Use it on our desk top and laptop. Not the fastest thing around, but it sure smokes the old dial up and out here in the country it's a good option.