Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Houston's Red Light Cameras

got shot down in the election. Gotta take 'em down.

Designed and created by pirate44

All-District

Not so fast, there is a court challenge coming. Stay tuned

Starter

on a side note:

My wife ran 4 stop lights. 1 of them 4 times...and another 3 times.

I had to pay over $1,000 in fines because of those things....here in Corpus.

I didn't even know she had such poor judgment. I say keep those cameras..as they appear to work to me.

I know my wife won't be running any more lights...after all the OT she had to put in to cover the costs.

I'll let you know what I hear. My wife's grandfather is the one who reps the company that put them up.

All-American

good....red light cameras are stupid.
    **<Current Month> Hot Girl of the Month**

Originally posted by Diocletian
    My wife ran 4 stop lights. 1 of them 4 times...and another 3 times.

I had to pay over $1,000
    This sounds like a math problem I can't figure out. So did she get 7 tickets for running two different lights? or....did she get those 7 + 2 more for the other two lights.

lol....I get the Official SAT Question of the Day e-mailed to me each morning for the heck of it. I usually just skip the math ones.

Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
    This sounds like a math problem I can't figure out. So did she get 7 tickets for running two different lights? or....did she get those 7 + 2 more for the other two lights.

lol....I get the Official SAT Question of the Day e-mailed to me each morning for the heck of it. I usually just skip the math ones.
    LOL!!

For some reason you reminded me of that "math question" in Romy and Michelle's High School reunion??

Do you remember that?? That cracked me up so bad the first time I heard it...I don't know why!!!

Michele says:

Hey Romy, remember that class, there was like always a word problem. Like, there's a guy in a rowboat going X miles, and the current is going like, you know, some other miles, and how long does it take him to get to town?

It's like, 'Who cares? Who wants to go to town with a guy who drives a rowboat?"

Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    LOL!!

For some reason you reminded me of that "math question" in Romy and Michelle's High School reunion??

Do you remember that?? That cracked me up so bad the first time I heard it...I don't know why!!!

Michele says:

Hey Romy, remember that class, there was like always a word problem. Like, there's a guy in a rowboat going X miles, and the current is going like, you know, some other miles, and how long does it take him to get to town?

It's like, 'Who cares? Who wants to go to town with a guy who drives a rowboat?"

OMG I just cracked up. I love that movie!

From the revenue generated in Houston from the resulting tickets, (almost 5 million) I find it hard to believe it's much of a deterrant. Seems like more of a money making short change of due process to me.

Designed and created by pirate44

Originally posted by pirate4state
    OMG I just cracked up. I love that movie!
    Me too!! (In my best Michelle voice!!)

Ashton and are always quoting that movie, we have seen it I don't know how many times!!!!

All-District

Why pay them? Nothing can be done all they do is send threating letters that mean nothing.

PPSTATEBOUND

Originally posted by sinton66
    Seems like more of a money making short change of due process to me.
    Nothing but.

All-American

Originally posted by rancher
    Why pay them? Nothing can be done all they do is send threating letters that mean nothing.
    El wrongo. Been down that road before. Least they can do is boot your vehicle if they happen to see it and run it. Most they can do is refer it to a collection agency and it shows up on your credit report(know this one first hand).
    However, I have a lawyer friend who HATES them and will fight them for free. I know use him and I haven't lost one yet(cameras in Garland are VERY sensitive).
    When I hear someone say "Im not book smart, Im street smart"; what I really hear is "Im not real smart, Im pretend smart".

PPSTATEBOUND

FRAUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been caught twice in Houston and will freely admit I deserved both of them. I paid the $75 each time.

Now there a couple installed here in The Woodlands. About 2 years ago one of the intersections was rebuilt and the signal lights moved from the center to bars extending from the middle of the divider. Net result is that the left turn light is not part of the overhead but on a pole in the middle of the divider that makes the light almost impossible to see when behind even an SUV. If I ever get caught I promise I will fight it and bring photographs to court if necessary. If you are following a truck that is slow to turn, it's a gurantee you will not make it through the intersection before the light turns red, and you can't see the light to recognize it.
    T-Shirt Fan By Choice and First to Admit It! Will wear a new t-shirt in 2018 I'm sure.

Ronnie Houston