Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Sad news, prayers for his family & friends. 3A Down Low is like a big family, please keep each other in your thoughts & prayers.
    Welcome to the Pasture of Pain.

Practice Squad

Prayers from Paradise... I get on here alot and read, but I don't post much. I always enjoyed reading LE Dad's posts and will miss seeing him on here.

All of the Texas High School Football sites together are like a big community, each with its own family if you will. Everyone at Texas2A would like to send out our sincerest condolences and prayers to LE Dad's family and friends.

Originally posted by Bull's-eye
    Sad news, prayers for his family & friends. 3A Down Low is like a big family, please keep each other in your thoughts & prayers.
    I have been trying to explain to my husband why LEDad's death has upset me so much. Even though I never met Carl personally, we had alot of "back and forth" PMs and snide remarks about this and that, I felt I knew him and we had daily interaction. I think PeeWee finally get's it. Like it's been said numerous times, this puts the petty squabbling and bickering in prospective..

and I keep thinking how brave Daniel was posting about his dad's death.. I think that's what's got me so upset.. thinking of him sitting there posting the details..

Daniel, please keep us posted on how you and your sister are doing.. as you can see, we really do care

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

All-American

Originally posted by 44INAROW
    I have been trying to explain to my husband why LEDad's death has upset me so much. Even though I never met Carl personally, we had alot of "back and forth" PMs and snide remarks about this and that, I felt I knew him and we had daily interaction. I think PeeWee finally get's it. Like it's been said numerous times, this puts the petty squabbling and bickering in prospective..

and I keep thinking how brave Daniel was posting about his dad's death.. I think that's what's got me so upset.. thinking of him sitting there posting the details..

Daniel, please keep us posted on how you and your sister are doing.. as you can see, we really do care
    that was the exact point that overwhelmed me, the physics of sitting at a screen, probably typing thru tears and informing people that couldn't possibly have the same stake in my dad's death as i have....when i was a teen i wouldn't have thought about telling names on a board until weeks or months later, if at all.....

the last thing i'd want to talk about is football if my dad was hurt at one of THOSE games, i would, no doubt, have many many friends and family members that would need to be informed.....and thru all of that, somehow, he considered us, according to him, because he knew, how did he say it? "I know that he loved this site and many people on it.".....this young man who grew up decades in one friday night was sitting behind that glowing tube trying to honor what he thought would be his dad wishes......

what an incredible living letter to leave for the world to see....i'm blown away each time i think of it.....

GreenMachine

Originally posted by 44INAROW

44INAROW, that's what gets to me too. Prayers to the family. Even though I never met him like a lot of people on here, I enjoyed reading his post's too. For his son to get on here and post the way he did, speaks volumes to the kind of young man he is.

I think you 3 above me summed up what I have been feeling ever since I read the devastating news...from his own son's fingertips.

I still can't wrap my head around how this young man of 17, (I think) through all of his pain, shock, grief and tears...thought of us!!

I have as much respect for this brave young man as I did his dad!!

All-American

Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    I think you 3 above me summed up what I have been feeling ever since I read the devastating news...from his own son's fingertips.

I still can't wrap my head around how this young man of 17, (I think) through all of his pain, shock, grief and tears...thought of us!!

I have as much respect for this brave young man as I did his dad!!
    i know some thing are mom things and some things are dad things.....but what you just said, ranger mom, is all i, as a dad, would ask to be remembered by.....that my sons merit THAT kind of respect....

I am on the west coast at the moment. I saw this post hit, saw it before most,but didnt respond at first because I was in shock. I read it several times before I responded. We had shared a few PM's about non football. LE, enjoyed but I can never remember 1 post that he didnt have respect for the KIDS that play the game. God Bless Bro!

I just saw this post and I am in complete shock! Not only for his passing but for his son thinking about us and putting his pain aside for a few monents to let us know.

LE Dad will be missed on here, he was a good guy! LEdad's son.... we are all here for you too, please if you need anything let us know!

~Not keeping her opinion to herself since Oct. 2002~

Default You will never foget him...

and neither will the people that met him. Godspeed to you and your family...

Green Bling

Prayers from Cuero for you and your sister. Thank you for thinking of us at this most difficult of times. I really felt like I knew your dad eventhough we had never met. He often kidded me about a post I made, but that always gave me such a chuckle! I had a lot of respect for his opinions, and I will miss him. He obviously had tremendous pride in you and your sister. God bless both of you.

God bless his family and be with them during this tragic ordeal. To his son, God bless you, play hard for your dad and your team. Prayers on the way for your sisters speedy recovery!
    Expect to Win, Play to Win--Go Graham Steers!!
    GO # 5

All-State

I hope Daniel will stay with us and become part of our close knit family. We all cared a lot for his Dad and i for one would love for him to join us.
    GO SH PANTHERS

All-American

How about a permanant memorial on the 3a downlow homepage and retirement of his screen name?

All-American

Originally posted by turbostud
    How about a permanant memorial on the 3a downlow homepage and retirement of his screen name?
    a section for posters that pass on along the way would be very honorable.....i feel bad that even though the board has done a great job in honoring reggie and coach barbay, they (and their mourners) have very honorably taken a back seat while the board as a whole honored daniel and his father....

not a great subject to consider, but we're probably lucky more of our people have not publicly passed away until now, so this is, no doubt, growing pains......but i'd agree to a separate section, something like a permanent sticky page (for lack of a better term) where we could comment on anniversaries of passing, updates on how children like daniel are doing, etc....great idea, turbostud....