Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    All-District

Originally posted by trojandad
    updates on how children like daniel are doing, etc....great idea, turbostud....
    Daniel deserves his privacy. Especially as a minor. Maybe he don't want to be on a sticky just because we want him to be?

All-American

Originally posted by Snotbubbles
    Daniel deserves his privacy. Especially as a minor. Maybe he don't want to be on a sticky just because we want him to be?
    ok, just wasn't typing every portion of every thought....some SHOULD go without saying, but....

the idea was more just of a memorial page for people that pass that were good to the board......the thought of leaving words of thanks and remembrances on the page is whatever the group decides.....i think most people understood a minor wasn't going to have his privacy intruded on, that was a little reach.....geez

i just felt turbo had an idea that hadn't crossed my mind, but whatever the group decides is fine with me......

Originally posted by trojandad
    ok, just wasn't typing every portion of every thought....some SHOULD go without saying, but....

the idea was more just of a memorial page for people that pass that were good to the board......the thought of leaving words of thanks and remembrances on the page is whatever the group decides.....i think most people understood a minor wasn't going to have his privacy intruded on, that was a little reach.....geez

i just felt turbo had an idea that hadn't crossed my mind, but whatever the group decides is fine with me......
    I know what you are saying...and I think it's a great idea!!!

All-American

Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    I know what you are saying...and I think it's a great idea!!!
    I do too.

Didn't eyeofthetiger pass on, too?

The fact that if a Memorial on the main page or somewhere else becomes a reality imho helps to honor LEDad(and those dear to us) that much more.

I am very sorry to hear about this. This has been a very tragic year in 3A for many different folks. Thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and friends. Certainly does put things into perspective on how one can be taken at any time.

As an official record, yes, the post of:

"LE 40 PG 10
    11:53 4th"

was the final post, posted from a cell phone.

All-American

WHAT???? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? I am stunned...just stunned. I had come to find LE Dad as one of my favorite friends here on the DL...a guy I could count on to be fair and honest. And now he is gone??? I am relieved to hear his daughter is ok....but this is totally stunning to me. I am in shock.....

Originally posted by 44INAROW
    I have been trying to explain to my husband why LEDad's death has upset me so much. Even though I never met Carl personally, we had alot of "back and forth" PMs and snide remarks about this and that, I felt I knew him and we had daily interaction. I think PeeWee finally get's it. Like it's been said numerous times, this puts the petty squabbling and bickering in prospective..

and I keep thinking how brave Daniel was posting about his dad's death.. I think that's what's got me so upset.. thinking of him sitting there posting the details..

Daniel, please keep us posted on how you and your sister are doing.. as you can see, we really do care
    44INAROW, you always know what to say and how to say it...
    Chuck Licata
    Owner - LibertyHillSports.com (www.libertyhillsports.com)
    K-MAC Sports Co-owner/Business Manager (kmacsports.com)

Just now saw this, and I teared up a little. This is so awful. Don't even know what to say right now, we talked many times in PMs.

All-District

I have waited a while before posting. I ask God what could I say that would help in any way. Your Dad was like so many Dads in the Texas Highschool football land. He has a family that loves the Lord and was blessed to have a son, that he could go and watch play on Friday nights. He could show up on Monday morning at work and with a smile on his face and say thank you to the guy who just told him, what a good game LE played. I enjoyed reading your Dads post, he not only was a LE fan, he was a highschool football fan. God Bless you and your family.

Rookie

On another Forum, I enjoyed the past year of Carl's posts, and immediately took a liking to him, he was not a trash talker, but a fun and funny guy to banter with.
    After we heard the sad news, I found out it was TopCat on Smoakhouse, I was in Shock, because here is a quote from a post just a couple of hours before the game...

Anyways it should be an enjoyable game for the visitor side and hopefully PG will walk away injury free and live to play another week. j/k

My son and I were struck by the emotion of that moment. I can only imagine the strength of his son, of whom he is so proud, to be able to handle this as he has.
    God 's love and comfort be with you and your family.

http://www.smoaky.com/forum/index.ph...post&p=1439607

All-American

now that a little time has passed, i'd like to ask if anyone has heard how this tragedy is being considered by law enforcement? are they considering it an accident, or filing charges?

of all the ways daniel has shown maturity, not mentioning blame or fault toward anyone responsible for his dad's death has been overwhelming....i'd be so vengeful at 17 it'd be ridiculous and he's kept quiet on it.....God bless him for his maturity....

Amazing it has been that long. Just a tragic time and I still think about him everytime we talk LE on the show
    Sideline To Sideline Show Each Week at https://lonestargridiron.com/categor...-to-sideline//

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Txbroadcaster View Post
    Amazing it has been that long. Just a tragic time and I still think about him everytime we talk LE on the show
    As soon as I saw this thread the first thing I did was look at the date. It is unbelievable that Carl aka LEDad has been gone for so long. He was a character among many that roamed the Halls of the Downlow for a wonderful period of time. It's just not the same anymore.
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

All-District

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

All-American

I remember this so well. My dad had past in July of that same year and when I read this post... just makes me sad.