Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-American

Default SKUNK in the bleachers!!

Never seen nothing like that in all my life. Some lady finally took one for the team!!!! Picked the dang thing up and carried it out. Had to throw my dang shirt away after the game. Last few minutes of game very exciting Don't know what happened on field but I saw elderly folks hurdleing bleachers like they were freaking Edwin Moses
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

At a game in Ingleside early in the year a rattlesnake had to be removed from the track. That happened last year too. Makes the more interesting.

Default Re: SKUNK in the bleachers!!

Originally posted by lostaussie
    Never seen nothing like that in all my life. Some lady finally took one for the team!!!! Picked the dang thing up and carried it out. Had to throw my dang shirt away after the game. Last few minutes of game very exciting Don't know what happened on field but I saw elderly folks hurdleing bleachers like they were freaking Edwin Moses
    That sounds like a new Ray Price song!

Default Re: Re: SKUNK in the bleachers!!

Originally posted by Gsquared
    That sounds like a new Ray Price song!
    You mean Ray Stevens, G2?....I bet it was like the "Mississippi Squirrel Revival" in those stands.

Sure would like to borrow that skunk from aussie for a couple of games.

Default Re: Re: Re: SKUNK in the bleachers!!

Originally posted by Bullaholic
    You mean Ray Stevens, G2?....I bet it was like the "Mississippi Squirrel Revival" in those stands.

Sure would like to borrow that skunk from aussie for a couple of games.
    Yeah, Ray Stevens. I knew it was one of those "Rays's"

From what I understand it happened twice in that game, two different skunks. There was supposedly one that was in the stands toward the end of the third quarter, too. TOPS1435 can probably give us the scoop.

What I'm curious about is what happened after the game with the cops and ambulance on Bradford Street. It caused a major traffic jam.
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

All-American

Default Re: SKUNK in the bleachers!!

I cant believe someone actually picked it up...like any wild animal, they will fight like a whirling dervish if cornered.

Originally posted by wimbo_pro
    I cant believe someone actually picked it up...like any wild animal, they will fight like a whirling dervish if cornered.
    You are right about that. We had one in our shop, the animal control guy came in and aparantly knew what he was doing. He distracted him, grabbed him by the back of the neck, and tucked his tail between his legs. He didn't give him a chance to spray.

He asked me if I could distract him, I told him where he could go he was on his own.

All-American

Originally posted by waterboy
    From what I understand it happened twice in that game, two different skunks. There was supposedly one that was in the stands toward the end of the third quarter, too. TOPS1435 can probably give us the scoop.

What I'm curious about is what happened after the game with the cops and ambulance on Bradford Street. It caused a major traffic jam.
    i think it was the same one.............just came out a couple different times...................I certainly wish he had not come out the last time!!!
    the best kind???

i think it was the same one.............just came out a couple different times...................I certainly wish he had not come out the last time!!!
    Somebody said that they caught the first one, too. Don't know for sure. It was funny, though, how athletic them old people were in the reserved section. I was right beside the aisle on the north side of that section and got a close up view of the whole thing. It was hilarious!
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

Originally posted by wimbo_pro
    You don't know East Texas folk, wimbo---they keep em' for house pets and have them for supper when things get tough....

All-American

Default Re: Re: Re: SKUNK in the bleachers!!

Originally posted by Bullaholic
    You don't know East Texas folk, wimbo---they keep em' for house pets and have them for supper when things get tough....
    This son of a gun was in bad need of an enima something made his booty stink!!
    the best kind???

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: SKUNK in the bleachers!!

This son of a gun was in bad need of an enima something made his booty stink!!
    Dang, did you have to lift his tail to smell it or did someone lift it for you?

Letterman
    Kilgore Bulldog by address but Buckeye by blood!

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SKUNK in the bleachers!!

Originally posted by Gsquared
    Dang, did you have to lift his tail to smell it or did someone lift it for you?

I think old Pepe' lifted it himself!
    Defense may win champioships but only if the offense scores more!!!

Reserved ticket $5.00
    Hot Dog $1.00
    Coke $1.00
    Pop Corn $1.00
    WINNING TRADITION PRICLELESS!!!

Originally posted by MUSTANG69
    At a game in Ingleside early in the year a rattlesnake had to be removed from the track. That happened last year too. Makes the more interesting.

Was it on the home side? Not too surprising though with all of the land between the football field and Dupont.

One year, I remember a football game being interrupted by a HUGE swarm of bees. Talk about people running and ducking, craziest thing I ever saw. You would have thought those bees were a flock of geese heading north (at a very low altitude).