All-District

12-0 Caldwell in 2nd

All-District

19-0 Caldwell 2nd

19-0 caldwell @ half

Exclamation

final???

Letterman

Final score was 26-0 Caldwell. The Hornets looked pretty good tonight on both sides of the ball.
    Acts 4:12

26-0 Caldwell FINAL!

~P4S I sent you text messages did you not get them?

~Not keeping her opinion to herself since Oct. 2002~

good deal. i know chs_cg & her mom are happy!

All-State

Ouch! Painful loss for the Brahmas, congrats to the Hornets. The Bulls seemed sluggish and lacked the cohesiveness we saw in scrimmages. Didn't see the chatter and communication, either. It is okay, Brahmas. Break down the film, learn from the mistakes and let's get after it next week! Congrats to Pouncy for an excellent game. C'mon Bulls, let's brush ourselves off and get ready for next week! One game at a time! GO BRAHMAS!!!!

track33

Originally posted by Global Swarming
    Final score was 26-0 Caldwell. The Hornets looked pretty good tonight on both sides of the ball.
    HORNETS! Look pretty good. The defense was string tonite. The refs made several bad calls in this game that cost the Hornets some TDs. The Hornets running backs are really good. The score should have been 48 to 0. Hornets must work on offensive line and the middle of the defensive line. Overall good job.

The Ravens

Originally posted by track33
    HORNETS! Look pretty good. The defense was string tonite. The refs made several bad calls in this game that cost the Hornets some TDs. The Hornets running backs are really good. The score should have been 48 to 0. Hornets must work on offensive line and the middle of the defensive line. Overall good job.
    I totally agree! The refs did make some bad calls. Good job Hornets!

Congratulations to the Hornets! Bellville was no match for what seems to be a very good Caldwell team (at least I hope so). Refs did have a few confusing moments, but by no way did they cost Caldwell 22 points.

Bellville didn't look ready or prepared, several times the Caldwell offense would snap the ball before the Bellville defensive players were even set. I had just read in the Bellville Times that Caldwell uses a short huddle (close to the line of scrimmage), the Bellville coaches were aware of this, but the players were still caught napping on several occasions.

I was very pleased with our offensive play calling in the two scrimmages, but tonight's game plan was so vanilla that it turned the Bellville pants white. Bellville gained a total of 101 yards and made just 5 first downs. What happened to the crossing patterns to the TE? Screen plays? Bellville's famous cross buck reverse? Shot gun formation? Most of our passes barely went passed the line of scrimmage (I hate when teams don't throw down field). The one time Bellville went deep, the receiver missed by inches of catching a TD. I'm not sure why they did not come back with this play again. I know this team is running the I, but why didn't they use the shot gun formation on long passing downs?

Late in the game, Bellville had an opportunity to score. Coaches never called time out or tried any kind of hurry up offense. Even though the game was already decided, this is a situation where you can work on things that could help you in a future ball game. Another reason would be pride of not being shutout or just to give the team a moral victory. Just read where Bellville had a streak of 65 games dating back to 2004 in which they scored points in a game. Let's hope we start a new streak next week.
    Welcome to the Pasture of Pain.

Spread It Out

This loss is flat out embarrassing.

All-District

Im thinking Bulls Eye should get certified so that he can take over and get the Bulls going again. He can clearly see all the mistakes the coaches made.

All-American

Hats off to the Hornets! Dang! Just Dang!