Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What position did you play at in football?

I started out as a qb in 7th and 8th grade and was moved to linebacker my freshman year. My sophmore year I started out playing linebacker on the jv and got moved up to the varsity and was on the special teams. My junior and senior years I started at linebacker and was the backup qb.

By the way I think I pretty much blew at qb!

I played cb, 2nd string B Team in 7th grade for allen. then moved to Santa Anna for 8th grade( major culture change lol) and played QB and CB that year and then thru high school played reciever and cb and nose tackle. I can always say I never threw an incompletion. I threw two extra points for completions.
    If Everyone would agree with me then we would all be RIGHT!

Originally posted by GrTigers6
    I played cb, 2nd string B Team in 7th grade for allen. then moved to Santa Anna for 8th grade( major culture change lol) and played QB and CB that year and then thru high school played reciever and cb and nose tackle. I can always say I never threw an incompletion. I threw two extra points for completions.
    Santa Anna would be major. I grew up in Bronte on the west side of Ballinger.
    Played fullback and cb. Liked d the best.
    My son is the same way. Cept he will probably be better than I ever was. Better coaching at a younger age and he really wants to be a Bobcat.

We seek the grail.
    Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis
    for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate
    from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

I played every position on the o-line at some point (even TE for a year in youth league) but I spent most of my time at center.

On defense, I played LB, DE, and DT.
    CALALLEN WILDCATS

TRADITION NEVER GRADUATES

7th - 9th grade I was RB/MLB. Soph year I moved up to varsity and played Wingback and did all the special teams. JR year started out at TE, but ended up playing OLB/DE. Sr year I played OLB/DE and RB.

BEAST
    Dont start none, wont be none!

All-District

I played Center from third grade through high school and was a long snapper in college.

I am a third generation center follwing my father and his father. I was determined to develop the 4th generation. I even went as far as teaching one of my sons to long snap at 5 years old. We would play snap catch instead of passing the ball back and forth and to this day he cant throw a football right because he tends to wrap his hand over the ball and snap his wrist like a snap.

To my dismay, it looks like my dream of passing on the legacy may die as my son is too tall at 6'5" for being a center and now plays DT and OT. He has great feet and should develop to be a really good OT in the next 3 years. He will always have his long snapping to fall back on if nothing else.

Originally posted by gatordaze
    I played Center from third grade through high school and was a long snapper in college.

I am a third generation center follwing my father and his father. I was determined to develop the 4th generation. I even went as far as teaching one of my sons to long snap at 5 years old. We would play snap catch instead of passing the ball back and forth and to this day he cant throw a football right because he tends to wrap his hand over the ball and snap his wrist like a snap.

To my dismay, it looks like my dream of passing on the legacy may die as my son is too tall at 6'5" for being a center and now plays DT and OT. He has great feet and should develop to be a really good OT in the next 3 years. He will always have his long snapping to fall back on if nothing else.
    He just got too big gator..... Looks good on the line tho.... He can play.

We seek the grail.
    Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis
    for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate
    from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

The 1 year I played, I was the back-up QB and was also a WR/DB.

I have 1 TD reception in my career and I will never forget it.

Buckeye P.R.I.D.E.

All-American

I played WR but basically if you look at any bench at a football game you will know where I spent most of my time.

Go Sinton Pirates and Lady Pirates! I also like old movies like "Dawn at Socorro." I also like the Tour de France. I like the Pelican West Band located at South Padre Island, Texas. Phil is PhiI is Bill is the compassion police. He is also the Sinton Matador. Some call him the Sinton Prophet. {Also Captain Obvious. } BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR! He's going for the Corner - he's got it! Roy Orbison rules.
    Phil C Cares!

I notice you asked what position did one play AT. I played AT RB and DB. Not good at either, but I had fun!
    T-Shirt Fan By Choice and First to Admit It! Will wear a new t-shirt in 2018 I'm sure.

Ronnie Houston

All-American BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END's Avatar

I played Defensive End from 7th grade until my Senior year. Then in college I played Inside and Outside Linebacker, and a little bit of the hybrid "Jack" position which was a mix between Linebacker and Defensive End.
    Official F.A.N.T.O.M. Liaison to Big XII Football, In Charge of Heavy Lifting

I Can Crush You Mentally and Physically

Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
    Santa Anna would be major. I grew up in Bronte on the west side of Ballinger.
    Played fullback and cb. Liked d the best.
    My son is the same way. Cept he will probably be better than I ever was. Better coaching at a younger age and he really wants to be a Bobcat.
    When did you graduate from bronte? I played 1986-1988

Blog Entries

Originally posted by GrTigers6
    Man what a dust bowl. Bet you still have goat head scars from all the times you got tackled on those fields.

I lived in Aransas Pass my 7th and 8th grade years. Then moved to Brownwood the summer before my 9th grade year. What an improvement, huh???? AP was purple and gold!!

7th grade, played striker. Skipped Jr High football season to play "European" football. Yeh, soccer. Already committed to a select team so had to finish out the season.

8th grade, didn't know much about organized ball so they put me at DE and said get the QB. Learned quickly though and then they clocked my 40 and decided to put me at RB/DB.

Played RB and DB for the greatest high school football program in the country.

No college ball for me. Knee injury in game against Stephenvillehindered those dreams.
    STEPHENVILLE YELLOWJACKET FOOTBALL
    STATE CHAMPS 1993, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2012, 2021

STEPHENVILLE HONEYBEE SOCCER
    STATE CHAMPS 2017, 2019

Originally posted by hollywood
    Man what a dust bowl. Bet you still have goat head scars from all the times you got tackled on those fields.

I lived in Aransas Pass my 7th and 8th grade years. Then moved to Brownwood the summer before my 9th grade year. What an improvement, huh???? AP was purple and gold!!

7th grade, played striker. Skipped Jr High football season to play "European" football. Yeh, soccer. Already committed to a select team so had to finish out the season.

8th grade, didn't know much about organized ball so they put me at DE and said get the QB. Learned quickly though and then they clocked my 40 and decided to put me at RB/DB.

Played RB and DB for the greatest high school football program in the country.
    No college ball for me. Knee injury in game against Stephenvillehindered those dreams.
    Yeah Rochelle's field was the worst. It was an old rodeo arena that they let the grass grow in. Sad thing is we had the best field in the district and it sucked.