Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: kobe

All-District

Default kobe

if he wins more titles than michael jordan will he better than him?
    4th and 5 the National Championship on the line...
    He's going for the corner HE'S GOT IT!

Not in my opinion. Keep in mind, no MJ led team ever lost in the finals. He won 3 straight two times. The only reason he did not win 8 straight, he went and played standaround for a couple of years.

BEAST
    Dont start none, wont be none!

Originally posted by BEAST
    Not in my opinion. Keep in mind, no MJ led team ever lost in the finals. He won 3 straight two times. The only reason he did not win 8 straight, he went and played standaround for a couple of years.

BEAST
    Can also argue that Jordan never faced a true power team in the finals. He faced some good teams that were not quite great.

Jordan IMO is alot like Mike Tyson in boxing...during the apex of both of their careers they never had that true rival that could push them. Jordan had it in his younger days with the Celtics and Pistons, but thru the 90's the Bulls never had that ONE team either in the east or the west that was truly a great team to challenge them.

That era of the NBA was ugly beat up on each other and hold the ball till there is 8 seconds on shot clock then a guard drives to the hoop and either gets fouled, or passes out for a 3pointer or gets a lay up. The game was truly iso plays and nothing else(part of that because of Jordan).
    Sideline To Sideline Show Each Week at https://lonestargridiron.com/categor...-to-sideline//

Spread It Out

Please tell me you're kidding. Karl Malone and John Stockton with the Jazz weren't great teams?

Letterman

Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
    Can also argue that Jordan never faced a true power team in the finals. He faced some good teams that were not quite great.

Jordan IMO is alot like Mike Tyson in boxing...during the apex of both of their careers they never had that true rival that could push them. Jordan had it in his younger days with the Celtics and Pistons, but thru the 90's the Bulls never had that ONE team either in the east or the west that was truly a great team to challenge them.

That era of the NBA was ugly beat up on each other and hold the ball till there is 8 seconds on shot clock then a guard drives to the hoop and either gets fouled, or passes out for a 3pointer or gets a lay up. The game was truly iso plays and nothing else(part of that because of Jordan).
    I agree. I also think Kobe is very close if not equal with MJ. They play very similar and look similar on the floor. I think the NBA in the 90's was watered down. If you put the Jordan teams in the 80's I think they win 2 titles tops. That being said I will still give MJ a slight nod. I think he is the greatest ever, with Kobe close behind and maybe taking over at some point. If Lebron would develop a mid range game like Kobe and MJ's I think he might end up being the man.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Spread It Out
    Please tell me you're kidding. Karl Malone and John Stockton with the Jazz weren't great teams? [/QUOTE

No they werent GREAT teams..they were very good teams of that era but dont hold up as one of the all time greats

Look at the 80's...The Lakers, The Celtics, The Pistons and The Sixers all had GREAT teams..then you had the next level..the Rockets, the Bucks, the Cavs and the 3 yr run of the Mavericks

In the 90's the Bulls were GREAT...no other team from that era of the Bulls run was truly GREAT..some had 1 or 2 good-great players, but did not have the depth that a great team has
    Sideline To Sideline Show Each Week at https://lonestargridiron.com/categor...-to-sideline//

Starter

It would be a toss up IMO. Older generation would say MJ, newer would say Kobe

Blog Entries

jordan is better by a landslide....kobe wasn't even the best player on his team for 3 of the 4 titles....jordan was a better defensive player...score...he was and will always be better than kobehell ill take magic over kobe right now
    #37 Ranked Downlow Poster- Coach

Blog Entries

not to mention...steve nash has more mvps than kobe.....here are some stats..

kobe:

4× NBA Champion (2000, 2001, 2002, 2009)
    NBA Finals MVP (2009)
    NBA Most Valuable Player (2008)
    12× NBA All-Star (1998, 2000–2010)
    2× NBA scoring champion (2006–2007)
    8× All-NBA First Team (2002–2004, 2006–2010)
    2× All-NBA Second Team (2000–2001)
    2× All-NBA Third Team (1999, 2005)
    8× All-Defensive First Team (2000, 2003–2004, 2006–2010)
    2× All-Defensive Second Team (2001–2002)
    NBA All-Rookie Second Team (1997)
    3× NBA All-Star Game MVP (2002, 2007, 2009)
    NBA Slam Dunk Contest winner (1997)
    Naismith Prep Player of the Year (1996)

and Jordan:

6× NBA Champion (1991, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998)
    5× NBA MVP (1988, 1991, 1992, 1996, 1998)
    14× NBA All-Star (1985–1993, 1996–1998, 2002–2003)
    6× NBA Finals MVP (1991–1993, 1996–1998)
    NBA Defensive Player of the Year (1988)
    10× All-NBA First Team Selection (1987–1993, 1996–1998)
    All-NBA Second Team Selection (1985)
    9× NBA All-Defensive First Team Selection (1988–1993, 1996–1998)
    1985 NBA Rookie of the Year
    1985 NBA All-Rookie Team
    3× NBA All-Star Game MVP (1988, 1996, 1998)
    2× NBA Slam Dunk Contest winner (1987, 1988)
    2× Gold Medal Winner in the Olympics (1984, 1992)
    NBA's 50th Anniversary All-Time Team
    NCAA Men's Basketball Champion (1982)
    2× Consensus NCAA All-American First Team (1983, 1984)
    1982 ACC Freshman of the Year
    ACC Men's Basketball Player of the Year (1984)
    USBWA College Player of the Year (1984)
    Naismith College Player of the Year (1984)
    John R. Wooden Award (1984)
    Adolph Rupp Trophy (1984)
    1991 Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year
    2000 ESPY Athlete of the Century
    1990s ESPY Male Athlete Decade Award
    1990s ESPY Pro Basketballer Decade Award

Starter

He will finish closer to MJ than anyone. Idk why Lebron gets compared to MJ. Lebron plays nothing like MJ

throwing college awards are useless since Kobe didnt play college ball but I still think Jordan is head and shoulders better

LET'S KICK SHELL
    COWABUNGA

F.A.N.T.O.M. Physician and Speech Writer

Blog Entries

Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
    throwing college awards are useless since Kobe didnt play college ball but I still think Jordan is head and shoulders better
    i just copied them from wiki...i should have taken the college awards out i didnt think about it...also if jordan doesnt retire twice he could easily have 8 championships

Blog Entries

Originally posted by forum_guy
    He will finish closer to MJ than anyone. Idk why Lebron gets compared to MJ. Lebron plays nothing like MJ
    they dont compare styles they compare if he will be as good

greenhornet

MJ never had a supporting cast like Kobe's present or past(Shaq), so the titles thing is subjective. I would take MJ over Kobe by a good margin as individual players.

Originally posted by coach
    i just copied them from wiki...i should have taken the college awards out i didnt think about it...also if jordan doesnt retire twice he could easily have 8 championships
    That would be 8 titles in a row. I believe that had that happened, they probably wouldve stayed together to try to make it 10 straight.

Another thing that Jordan did so well that I dont see Kobe doing is making the other players on the team raise up and be go to guys when they normally wouldnt be. Anybody remember Kukoc?

BEAST
    Dont start none, wont be none!