Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LET'S KICK SHELL
    COWABUNGA

F.A.N.T.O.M. Physician and Speech Writer

All-American

I would love to hear the spin on this.
    Psalms 109:8
    Why are Conservatives called the "right" and the Liberals the "left" - Ecclesiastes 10:2

This is getting ridiculous. You can't be a patriotic American, you can't be a Christian, you can't be this or that because someone is offended. Cinco de Mayo is not a U.S. holiday. Anyone should be able to wear an American Flag shirt any time and any place in the U.S. Things like this really piss me off!

IHStangFan

I've been saying it for years....political correctness is a cancer...and it WILL eat this country from the inside out and eventually ruin/kill this once great nation.

I wrote a thesis & paper a couple of years ago for a class I was taking.... about the direct link between PC and the pacification of American and how it will ultimately lead to this country's downfall.....I got an A.

"Oh we can't fight back even though (insert country, extremist group, etc. here) has openly declared war on us.....we might OFFEND someone!!!"

All-American

St Patricks Day - Irish

Easter - Christians

MLK Day - African Americans ... ect. ect.Try taking these away .

I have no problem with any Race Celebrating a Holiday any which way they choose and many Celebrating Cinco De Mayo are Americans and are as Patriotic as any of us ...what a false sense of Entitilement we have as Americans .
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    ― Lou Holtz

Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
    St Patricks Day - Irish

Easter - Christians

MLK Day - African Americans ... ect. ect.Try taking these away .

I have no problem with any Race Celebrating a Holiday any which way they choose and many Celebrating Cinco De Mayo are Americans and are as Patriotic as any of us ...what a false sense of Entitilement we have as Americans .
    I thought St. Patricks and Cinco were for alcoholics

LET'S KICK SHELL
    COWABUNGA

Do they celebrate the 4th of July in Mexico?

All-American

Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
    I thought St. Patricks and Cinco were for alcoholics

lol Thats what I use them for
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    ― Lou Holtz

Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
    Do they celebrate the 4th of July in Mexico?
    why does that matter?

LET'S KICK SHELL
    COWABUNGA

why does that matter?
    Point of reference. I've never heard of Americans that celebrate Canada Day (although I've never been far enough north to know if that's common or not). Just seems kind of weird to celebrate another country's independence day.

Point of reference. I've never heard of Americans that celebrate Canada Day (although I've never been far enough north to know if that's common or not). Just seems kind of weird to celebrate another country's independence day.
    Cinco de Mayo is not Mexican Independence day though, September 16th, diez y seis de septiembre, is.

LET'S KICK SHELL
    COWABUNGA

Letterman

I believe its the Mexican victory over the French. Imagine that...someone with a victory over the French.

Cinco de Mayo is not Mexican Independence day though, September 16th, diez y seis de septiembre, is.

We weren't technically free from the British for several months after July 4th. Although Mexico's independence day is Sept. 16, Cinco de Mayo is considered to be the bigger holiday because of the significance it had in working toward Mexican independence.

We weren't technically free from the British for several months after July 4th. Although Mexico's independence day is Sept. 16, Cinco de Mayo is considered to be the bigger holiday because of the significance it had in working toward Mexican independence.
    I have heard all day most of Mexico doesn't make a big deal out of Cinco de Mayo

I am sometimes mistaken, but I am never wrong.

People who buys Macs are stupid.

Mexico was made independent from Spain on September 16, 1810, while cinco de mayo was when the Mexican Army beat the French in 1862...Cinco de Mayo is just considered more significant here, while Mexico hold September 16th in even more high regards

LET'S KICK SHELL
    COWABUNGA