Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All-American

Default Tim Tebow's wonderlic test: Below Average

To put those scores in perspective, the Post compared Wonderlic numbers of run-of-the-mill NFL quarterbacks such as Alex Smith (40) and Matt Leinart (35) to those of Pro Football Hall of Famers Dan Marino and Jim Kelly (both 15) and an established star such as Donovan McNabb (14) of the Philadelphia Eagles.

All-District

so, really, the wonderlic test is........pointless. but it's fun to say.

Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
    To put those scores in perspective, the Post compared Wonderlic numbers of run-of-the-mill NFL quarterbacks such as Alex Smith (40) and Matt Leinart (35) to those of Pro Football Hall of Famers Dan Marino and Jim Kelly (both 15) and an established star such as Donovan McNabb (14) of the Philadelphia Eagles.
    BTW if you don't read the article, Bradford scored a 36, McCoy a 25 and Tebow a 22.

Ex-Tiger2005

I think this is hilarious because when Vince Young scored bad on this test people ripped him a new one!

Now we have Tim Tebow, the man amongst men, score bad and now the test becomes pointless and irrelevant. Some people I jus dont understand!

All-American

Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
    I think this is hilarious because when Vince Young scored bad on this test people ripped him a new one!

Now we have Tim Tebow, the man amongst men, score bad and now the test becomes pointless and irrelevant. Some people I jus dont understand!

Are you comparing VY's 6 to Tebow's 22?

Besides, it's a timed test, Tebow had to ask after every question "what would Jesus do?"...lol...he ran short on time...lol
    Psalms 109:8
    Why are Conservatives called the "right" and the Liberals the "left" - Ecclesiastes 10:2

All-District

whether or not that comment was directed towards me, i have never paid attention to the wonderlic test. i can't stand tebow, but realize this test will have no affect on how he plays in the NFL (you don't even have to take the wonderlic to be on special teams)

Ex-Tiger2005

Originally posted by Pick6

Besides, it's a timed test, Tebow had to ask after every question "what would Jesus do?"...lol...he ran short on time...lol
    I am not comparing the two by any means score wise! But its the principle of the matter i am questioning.

And I am not talking about just people on the DL, I was speaking of people in general because I have some friends that ripped VY and now they are complete opposite on the matter.

Ex-Tiger2005

Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
    whether or not that comment was directed towards me, i have never paid attention to the wonderlic test. i can't stand tebow, but realize this test will have no affect on how he plays in the NFL (you don't even have to take the wonderlic to be on special teams)
    it was not

All-American

Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
    I am not comparing the two by any means score wise! But its the principle of the matter i am questioning.

And I am not talking about just people on the DL, I was speaking of people in general because I have some friends that ripped VY and now they are complete opposite on the matter.
    I'm a fan of VY, his score of 6 is terrible. It does make him look like an idiot. You can't deny that.
    Psalms 109:8
    Why are Conservatives called the "right" and the Liberals the "left" - Ecclesiastes 10:2

lol
    I’m kinda a big deal.

I'm a fan of VY, his score of 6 is terrible. It does make him look like an idiot. You can't deny that.
    Yeah I would agree, I really don't think a wonderlic could have anything to do with ability on the field. Some people are football smart but aren't very smart otherwise.

Ex-Tiger2005

no i cant i was very disappointed when that came about. i think he just wrote his name on the test and that was it!

Practice Squad

there were just as many people trying to come to VY's defense when he scored a 6, a score that a fifth grader could have probably beat

HAHAHAHA NIIIIIIIICEEEEEEEE!