Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Being a Menance and/or Nuisance

Should there be some kind of warning or punishment for annoying post that are purposly being posted just for the reason of being a menance? I have noticed it a lot lately it gets old and tedious.
    Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
    Juwan Howard just fouled Brian Cardinal in the NBA finals?

If that's not a sign that the NBA needs to retract then I don't know what is.

I brought up a similar suggestion last week and was thoroughly shut down.

I agree wholeheartedly though...I'm tired of reading a lot of the same shtick in almost every thread, even when that thread has nothing to do with it.

Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

I agree wholeheartedly though...I'm tired of reading a lot of the same shtick in almost every thread, even when that thread has nothing to do with it.
    taking over a thread with garbage is ok in some instances, i think to a certain extent. but starting a thread for the sole purpose of being stupid is stupid.

Default Re: Being a Menance and/or Nuisance

Originally posted by eagles_victory
    Should there be some kind of warning or punishment for annoying post that are purposly being posted just for the reason of being a menance? I have noticed it a lot lately it gets old and tedious.
    absolutely

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6-5g78Nr6Q

(Sorry ---hope you find it in your heart to laugh with me...this clip just seemed too timely to pass up, and I do acknowledge your rights to voice your displeasure with some types of threads to the management ....)

Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

Sorry I didn't see it but you are right. Most of the shticks going on right now arent remotely funny and bring down the respectability of the board in general.

PPSTATEBOUND

"respectability of the board in general."

Mommy Daddy....Jr. has 1 more cookie then me.

Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
    "respectability of the board in general."

lol I realize that sounds a little much I mean all in all it is an internet message board andnot that serious but some of the people on here and their meanacing post make the board look stupid.

I think it should be handled by the Mods. If they feel a person is not contributing to the thread then the Mod should step in and ask the poster to get back on track.

That being said some of the funniest threads I have been on were because they got off track.

I am sure I have annoyed someone, one way or another while discussing a topic so just for simply annoying ...ummm NO.
    Every game is a BIG game.

All-American

Yes there should be a punishment. I admit I am guilty of it and so are many others. It is fun once in a while but when it is continued for no apparent reason it just gets to be annoying

I am probably pretty guilty about jumping in to threads and making some "humorous" remark or observation, but I do try to refrain from doing so on serious game threads or when a good, informative discussion is rolling along very smoothly. Even then, I try to return the thread to topic by making a parting statement that is germain to the thread, and hopefully spark more discussion or poster input.
    Last edited by Bullaholic; 02-18-2010 at 03:00 PM.

Im not talking about hijacking my main problem is with constant shticks that serve 0 purpose and are not funny in way shape or form.

All-American

Originally posted by eagles_victory
    Im not talking about hijacking my main problem is with constant shticks that serve 0 purpose and are not funny in way shape or form.
    Example?

Originally posted by NateDawg39
    Example?
    Bridgeport jokes....