Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    cucuy02

Default Realignment Thoughts...

fast approaching....who, where, why, thoughts, possibilities, ideas?
    Last edited by cucuy02; 11-29-2009 at 01:55 PM.

Default Re: Realignment Thoughts...

Originally posted by cucuy02
    fast approaching....who, where, why, thoughts, possibilities, ideas?
    I don't know what is going to happen. I can see LE, PG, and Atlanta going either west or south with or without Pitt if west, Mt Vernon if south. New Boston should drop down to 2A.
    Every game is a BIG game.

cucuy02

I know the big deal last year was beefing up region 1 because of the declining numbers out west. I'm curious as to the teams that make up districts 7 and 8 (mostly region 2 or 3 teams four years ago), will they stay region 1? I think it's safe to say all those teams ride a line that could send them to one region or another. Then, you have some 4A's that may be coming down, Big Spring, Mineral Wells, maybe Stephenville to name a few. I wonder if that at all will affect region 1. This is going to be an interesting realignment to say the least.

Blog Entries

I think Argyle will probably not be in a district with us if Pilot Point goes 3a. Gainesville could also get put in region one with Argyle.
    Woo Pig Sooie!

Practice Squad

Well enrollment still falling out West.

IMO Breckenridge will fall to 2A and Sweetwater's enrollment is down as well. The Lovejoy folks were saying on the radio that they should climb to 4A next year. I bet we see a lot more teams typically in region 2 or 3 in region 1 to balance things out.

Junior Varsity

will the d-25 still be together???

cucuy02

What 2A teams stand at maybe making the move up? Piolot Point has been brought up, what about Godley, what are their numbers like?

All-American

Originally posted by the genious
    will the d-25 still be together???
    Doubtful. In the past these teams go to RIII in D19 or 24:
    Sealy
    Columbus
    La Grange
    Giddings
    Smithville
    Bellville

La Grange will probably end up in a Hwy 77 district with Giddings, Rockdale and Cameron plus Smithville, and Caldwell

Sealy and Bellville will likely be in a district with Navasota, Royal, Columbus and maybe Wharton.
    Last edited by Pudlugger; 11-29-2009 at 03:58 PM.

Originally posted by Pudlugger
    Sealy
    Columbus
    La Grange
    Giddings
    Smithville
    Bellville

La Grange will probably end up in a Hwy 77 district with Giddings, Rockdale and Cameron plus Smithville, and Caldwell

Sealy and Bellville will likely be in a district with Navasota, Royal, Columbus and maybe Wharton.
    You never know. I kind of wish we still had 4A numbers sometimes. Having six other 4A squads within 25 miles (Brenham, Waller, Montgomery, Magnolia, Magnolia West, and move up Bryan Rudder) sure would cut down on the travel potential. I definitely don't want to see us left out of central Texas, and having to travel to the current district 22 schools.

Junior Varsity

Being a coach I have heard numerous rumors. Everything is pure speculation until the date realignment is released.

One thing that is almost for sure to happen is: more 3a schools. All the empty districts will be filled with teams. But this still in not 100%

Passages-Malibu recovering from a HS football addiction

Originally posted by cucuy02
    What 2A teams stand at maybe making the move up? Piolot Point has been brought up, what about Godley, what are their numbers like?
    A lot of speculation in coaching circles that 500 might be the bottom number of 3A now that 2A has split into big schools and small schools. Good thing is it's only speculation, bad thing is if it becomes reality top number likely to grow considerably. 3A is the smallest of all the classifications in sheer numbers so there is plenty of room for it to grow. UIL likes to keep a 3 to 1 ratio from the largest school in the class to the smallest. If 500 is the bottom then that frees the top number to slide as far as 1500. We won't know anything for sure until February.
    F.A.N.T.O.M. El Presidente
    AKA "El Guapo"
    The greatest dirt waterer to ever live!
    Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. - Thanks for that one 44!

cucuy02

Originally posted by GreenMonster
    A lot of speculation in coaching circles that 500 might be the bottom number of 3A now that 2A has split into big schools and small schools. Good thing is it's only speculation, bad thing is if it becomes reality top number likely to grow considerably. 3A is the smallest of all the classifications in sheer numbers so there is plenty of room for it to grow. UIL likes to keep a 3 to 1 ratio from the largest school in the class to the smallest. If 500 is the bottom then that frees the top number to slide as far as 1500. We won't know anything for sure until February.
    You're right!....and that last sentence is killing me.

Junior Varsity

Based on all the numbers I've seen and some wild guesses, I think the bottom number doesn't change as much as many think. Something like 15 3A schools have already dropped below the current bottom number. I say we're looking at 435-450 at the bottom and 1000-1050 at the top.
    The R3/R4 border seems sure to move a little to the east and north as quite a few R4 teams will be moving down. Those spots have to be filled and with the HISD schools opting to stay 3A, R3 may have some schools to fill the slots lost to 2A in R4.
    I think the districts get shaken up pretty good. I see Cuero and Gonzales moving into a SA district as it's very possible Cuero will be the only 3A school left in the Victoria area.
    BTW, if they can make travel work, I like the split alignment 2A adopted. Same number of state champions, but fewer playoff teams and much tighter gaps in enrollment.
    If all goes well, wouldn't be surprised to see 3A do the same in 2012.
    All right, now, I don't want them to gain another yard! You blitz... all... night! If they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember, forever, the night they played the Cowboys!

I don't think we will see a spread in 3A going from 500-1500. That is huge. It would change 3A big time. I just can't see the top # going above 1000.

BEAST
    Dont start none, wont be none!

Letterman

Originally posted by Pudlugger
    Sealy
    Columbus
    La Grange
    Giddings
    Smithville
    Bellville

Nothing will be certain until Houston ISD decides whether to allow those schools with 3A numbers to play up or down. HISD could have a 3A district (Furr, Waltrip, Kashmere and others) that includes Stafford. That could shake up Regions 3 & 4 just a bit.
    "...that's for sissy rednecks. Next thing you know, you'll shave, cut your hair and start wearing capri pants!" Uncle Si Robertson, Duck Commander